Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > The Wire: The Complete Series forum

Amazon's LENGTHY shipping time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2009 1:46:42 PM PST
T. Holley says:
What's the deal with that?

So when people ordered this at the discounted price were we technically BACK-ORDERING this set? Amazon says I have to wait at least three weeks to get this. What's goin on?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2009 2:29:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2009 2:34:56 PM PST
I ordered this DVD set when it was discounted at 89.99 on December 21st. When I ordered it, Amazon indicated that it would not be in stock until sometime in January. However, Amazon managed to ship it to me on December 23rd (two days after I ordered it), even though at the time they shipped it, the Amazon website still indicated that it would not be in stock for 8-14 days. Not sure why it was shipped much quicker to me, but I was very happy.

But, it has been my experience that things ship much quicker than Amazon indicates (so you keep realistic expectations). I have never had a lengthy shipping time with 99% of the items I have purchased at Amazon...and I am a frequent shopper. The same thing happened with a Blu-ray player I bought on Black Friday, and the website said it would not be in stock until Dec. 17th (three weeks later). They shipped it to me in about a week.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2009 3:41:11 PM PST
T. Holley says:
I hope this is the case.

I ordered the thing on the 24th only because I didn't think that Best Buy would be out of this series so quickly and amazon had it as in-stock on the website.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 3:24:09 AM PST
J. Cook says:
Like Rachel said, Amazon is probably trying to beat your expectations when they say it will be 2 weeks, and they ship it in 5 days.

we bought a set of wusthof knives a couple weeks ago and they said it wouldn't ship until mid february. we weren't in a hurry to get them so we didn't cancel. but i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of orders are cancelled b/c people would prefer to go buy something at retail instead of waiting for what Amazon says will be weeks.

2 days ago i bought band of brothers blu ray and it shipped in less than 3 hours.... yesterday i bought Extras and it still hasn't shipped..... it's a mixed bag at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 6:32:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 22, 2009 6:32:24 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 7:56:12 AM PST
T. Holley says:
Luckily it came last Wednesday--kind of a pain since I was out of town but I finally got it.

The shipping time was modest I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 9:23:29 AM PST
Amazon always has things to me quickly. It seems like (and I'd have to check) that where they ship from is close to where I live though.

Posted on Apr 18, 2009 9:47:26 AM PDT
I've almost always had excellent luck with timing of shipping. They're great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions