Amco Advanced Performance Measuring Spoons, Set of 4
|Price:||$13.20 + $7.01 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This set includes: 1/4 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon
- Made of heavy-gauge stainless steel, with easy-to-read imprinted measurements on each handle
- Single-piece construction eliminates the weld for enhanced strength and hygiene
- With long, comfortable handles, these cups are easy to hold steady while measuring; each nests together to organized, space saving storage
- Dishwasher safe for quick and easy clean up
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set
Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Spice Jar Measuring Spoons
RSVP Endurance Superior Quality 18/8 Stainless Steel Spice Spoons with Narrow Measure to Fit Most Spice Jars, Set of 6 most popular sizes
Amco Professional Performance Measuring Spoons, Set of 6
|Shipping||$7.01||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Golda's Kitchen Canada||Amazon.com||Spring Chef||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Silver/Black||Silver||Measuring Spoons|
|Item Dimensions||1.8 x 5.2 x 1 in||1.5 x 5.75 x 0.5 in||1.02 x 6.5 x 0.79 in||1.25 x 3 x 7.25 in||1.25 x 6.5 x 1.25 in||2.6 x 6.5 x 6.7 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||stainless-steel||Stainless steel|
|Size||Spoon||Standard||Rectangular||—||set 6||1 - Pack|
Amco Houseworks, an award-winning brand, has been making cooking and cleaning easier since the 1970s. It's a commitment that's earned it the love and respect of professional and home cooks around the world. Amco Houseworks creates quality, innovative, stylishly designed kitchen tools and accessories that help people enhance the quality of their cooking and entertaining. Amco Houseworks uses commercial grade stainless steel to craft its top quality kitchen utensils and accessories. We specialize in combining precision and performance to create stylishly designed premium kitchen tools. Our products are innovative, are intuitive and easy to use for the cooking enthusiast.
This set of 4 measuring spoons combine beauty with functionality. Single-piece construction of the heaviest gauge 18/10 stainless steel eliminates the weld for enhanced strength and hygiene. Each tool is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and to balance on the counter. The set includes the four most commonly called-for measurements: 1 tbsp., 1 tsp., 1/2 tsp., and 1/4 tsp.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But there are two issues that I have with these spoons:
* They are very shallow (at least compared to other measuring spoons I've owned). The "bowl" portion of the spoon isn't a hemisphere -- it's much "flatter" than that. To compensate, the diameters of the spoons are larger, making them harder to fit into small openings (e.g. spice bottles). In fact, the 1 tsp measure will not fit into most of my spice bottles, which is disappointing.
* The finish of these spoons is a bit rough around the edges. In fact, all of the edges on the spoon (in particular on the handle) can actually feel a bit sharp. Mind you, it's not sharp to the point that you'll cut yourself, but it's much less comfortable to hold than if they had polished those edges smooth.
In the end, I like my older, cheaper set of spoons better -- they're "rounder" and feel better in the hand even though they are thinner and bend more easily.
Fact is that the Amco Advanced Performance measuring spoons are solid, sturdy and accurate. They have a comfortable handle and since the back of the handle is slightly bent you can set the spoon down without spilling the contents.
However I didn't think that they were THAT shallow which also means that they are a lot wider than my old spoons. The problem I am facing now is the that those darn spoons won't fit in any of my spice jars which never used to be an issue before.
So beware - if you usually stick your measuring spoons in the spice jars you won't be able to do that with those. You may want to order the narrower spice measuring spoons which are also sold here on Amazon.
Bottom line: I love them for their design and their quality but I can't use them the way I had intended on using them because they are way to wide to fit in my spice jars.
I received the replacement set of these spoons and unfortunately they were NOTHING like my original set. These have a lower profile(especially 1 TBSP) which means they are shorter and wider. Might not be a problem for most if you're scooping out of a wide-mouth container. But the odd part is they're just not as shiny as the other ones I have. I've had my other set for several years and these arrived dull and a bit rough. I had to look twice to make sure they were genuine AMCO. They are nothing like the picture on Amazon or AMCO's website.
It's too bad that AMCO made the perfect set of measuring spoons and decided to change them. The material is still nice and sturdy and the style is relatively the same (one individual piece, not 2) so why cut corners in production. Either that or these are not genuine AMCO spoons.
1) Quality construction. Yes, they are most likely “stamped" from sheet metal but the quality of these is head-and-shoulders above the ones you might find in the “dorm supply" area of Wal-Mart. These things are made from heavy duty stainless steel that is nearly 1/8" thick!
2) Attention-to-detail. As more and more things are made in China, it seems like quality has generally taken a backseat to the “lowest price at any cost" mentality in manufacturing. For those of us that are willing to pay a little more to regain that lost quality, it's very refreshing to find a product like this. All of the potential rough/sharp areas created during the stamping process have been thoughtfully dispatched and replaced with smooth edges. The bowl area of each spoon has been polished to a mirror-like shine and the label (showing measurement) on each handle looks as if it were laser engraved!
3) Durability. I chose to wait until I had used these for a while before posting this review because, to me, durability is the most important factor in any kitchen-related purchase and I wanted to really put them through their paces prior to posting this review. I now feel as though I've done just that. These have been hand-washed, run through the dishwasher, left sitting in a sink full of dirty dishwater for a couple of days, and one of them was missing for a while... found when the garbage disposal was turned on! How have they handled the rigors of our busy and occasionally neglectful kitchen? In a word. Beautifully! Yes, even the one in the disposal. It came out seemingly unscathed! These things are the epitome of durable.
Would I buy them again? Absolutely. Should you buy them? They should already be in your cart!