Top critical review
Buy without thinking if you love freshly squeezed orange juice.
on January 9, 2016
I had initially rated this product at 4 stars, but with continued use, the problems are beginning to show up.
At first, I was a bit skeptical of this as most folks use other juicers where the juice collects below, and I should have continued being skeptical. The only thing I don't like about those juicers is that they are a pain to clean. In comparison, this is much simpler and easier to use. However, that ease of use brings significant drawbacks.
- The construction quality and materials are poor. The paint chipped off in the unit I have.
- I'm able to extract only about half the quantity of juice that I would get from the same type and number o oranges from other kinds of juicers.
- Every once in a while, orange juice tends to squirt out from the gap on the sides between the two plates.
- You need to apply a herculean amount of pressure to get enough juice out of the orange.
- The unit is beginning to come loose at the joint after only a couple of months of use.
- very easy to clean.
- barely any pulp or fibre gets through (which can also be a con).
- takes less than 30 seconds to squeeze one orange.
- just one squeezer to juice lemons, lime, and oranges.