Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 215 reviews
on January 9, 2016
I had initially rated this product at 4 stars, but with continued use, the problems are beginning to show up.

At first, I was a bit skeptical of this as most folks use other juicers where the juice collects below, and I should have continued being skeptical. The only thing I don't like about those juicers is that they are a pain to clean. In comparison, this is much simpler and easier to use. However, that ease of use brings significant drawbacks.

Cons:
- The construction quality and materials are poor. The paint chipped off in the unit I have.
- I'm able to extract only about half the quantity of juice that I would get from the same type and number o oranges from other kinds of juicers.
- Every once in a while, orange juice tends to squirt out from the gap on the sides between the two plates.
- You need to apply a herculean amount of pressure to get enough juice out of the orange.
- The unit is beginning to come loose at the joint after only a couple of months of use.

Pros
- very easy to clean.
- barely any pulp or fibre gets through (which can also be a con).
- takes less than 30 seconds to squeeze one orange.
- just one squeezer to juice lemons, lime, and oranges.
on October 24, 2014
Very average and cheap feeling, and I wouldn't buy it again. It felt like a dollar store item. I bought this to use with lemons to ensure the lemon halves would fit based on reviews of the lemon citrus squeezer by Amco. I have probably only squeezed a dozen lemons with this, and the metal has split over 1/2 inch in the bottom "cup" part. It still works, I'm just not sure how long it will last at this point.
on September 2, 2016
I knew from my first look at the thin aluminum used to make this piece of junk that it would not last a year. It didn't. Six months in, or about, it chocked on a half of recalcitrant lemon with a clean snap of the handle. Now, that particular lemon was indeed thick skinned, and I admit to the habit of squeezing not merely for every last drop of juice but also for as much of the precious citrus oils essential to a superior cocktail as I can coax out of the fruit. I knew it but I kept it nevertheless; it was so pretty all dressed in its vibrant orange. Lesson learned, hopefully.
on June 13, 2013
BUT once I received it, I was very disappointed. I have one of those hand squeezers where you must twist/press the fruit around the rigged edges/top and it fills in the basin below. I love that thing, it does a fantastic job. But after my friends came over, they suggested that I get this hand held press/squeezer. I used it as soon as I opened the package and I ended up squeezing the rest of the juice out of the fruit with my bare hand. I feel like that should NOT have happened. I tried it several times, each time doing it a little different than before (trial and error if you must), but each time I had the same conclusion. So, I ended up getting my old awesome juicer out. I doubt I will use this again. It had good intentions, just does not squeeze all of the juice out. And I am not one to waste anything, especially when it comes to making a nice mixed drink.
on February 22, 2014
I don't see how this item gets all the 5 star ratings. It is a mediocre product. The handles are a little short, the grip is not very comfortable, the hinge is loose out of the box, and it's a little small. The orange they have next to it on the picture is a small orange... The job it does juicing is ok as long as the orange is not too large. It deserves about 2.5 stars, I rounded down to balance out all the overzealous 5 star reviews.
on August 6, 2014
This item was rather cheaply made and much lighter weight than previous ones I have bought. The finish on it was bubbled and likely would have peeled off after washing. I did not wash it and have not used it due to an incorrect shipment of the wrong item. I ordered the orange squeezer and received a lemon squeezer.
on August 19, 2013
very cheap construction and the handle actually snapped in half from squeezing an orange in the first week. you are much better off getting the less pretty, but more sturdy, cheap ones they make in mexican markets. my old one lasted forever before an ex escaped with it in "her" box of stuff.
on April 17, 2016
Color was darker in person and feels cheap. Not great quality.
on May 11, 2014
Not Ideal for oranges, it makes a mess and wont fully juice an orange. Plain and simple its not effective at getting the job done
on November 5, 2014
I bought it thinking I could use it for oranges, as well as lemons and limes, but it's so small, it will only work for limes and very small lemons.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.