Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 6, 2012
True, these utensils are probably not as heavy as a more expensive stainless steel set, but they are certainly durable enough and a welcome alternative to the plastic sets typically in the same price range. I took a gamble on ordering these after reading a couple of the negative reviews. Given some of the negative reviews, I half expected them to be hardly heavier than aluminum foil, but this is far from the case. This set will last you a long time. I am very pleased with these utensils and would recommend them to anyone who has been wanting to switch from the cheap and likely toxic plastic sets but can't afford the $10 per stainless steel utensil you typically see them for.
131 helpful votes
132 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 9, 2012
Good stainless steel! No rust no matter how many times it goes thru the dishwasher.

Tools are well sized for most pans.
44 helpful votes
45 helpful votes
on December 26, 2012
I wasn't sure what the quality of these utensils were going to be, because of the price. I bought these as a gift, and was happy when I opened the package and felt them for myself. They are somewhat thin, but much better than the big box store quality. I would purchase these again.
26 helpful votes
27 helpful votes
on May 2, 2016
These days, I try to purchase glass or stainless steel when it comes to items that touch our food or drink. Plastics leach toxic chemicals. It seems everyone has health issues anymore and I want to opt out of the system that produces so many sick people. Every once in awhile I will find a quality utensil that I love and I purchase it immediately if I can. In the meantime, I have a couple of sets of stainless steel utensils that get the job done. I purchased the Amco Stainless Steel 5 Piece Utensil Set because it contained cooking utensils I used every day and frankly, they were offered at a really good price for the set. I am glad I got them and I use them every day. They are a bit flimsy, but I have stronger utensils I use when I need them.

WHAT IS IN THE BOX: 1 dishwasher safe set of 5 utensils including a ladle, a solid spoon, a slotted spoon, a spatula (slotted turner) and a skimmer made from stainless steel.

WHAT I LIKE: Stainless steel is a safe metal for utensils. It doesn’t leach harmful chemicals like plastic and it cleans easily. These utensils are dishwasher safe.

This set contains the utensils I use most often. I already own most of these things, but now when my other utensils are waiting in the dishwasher, this set provides me with a back up.

These 5 utensils are offered at a very reasonable price. I got 5 utensils for the price I typically pay for 1.

WHAT I DON’T LIKE: These utensils are pretty light weight. They definitely won’t hold up to any heavy work in the kitchen. But I purchased them as a back up and I already own stronger tools for heavier jobs.

PICTURES: I am including pictures of the spoon from this set in my hand. One is top down and shows where the handle narrows. The other is from the side to show the narrowness of the spoon itself.

I purchased the Amco Stainless Steel 5 Piece Utensil Set at full price and have undertaken this review of my own accord. This is a decent starter set, perfect for light weight duty in the kitchen and great for the price.
review imagereview image
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on August 25, 2017
It is hard to believe how much I love this utensil set. For most of my life I've used either plastic, silicone or wood utensils in order to preserve the nonstick coating of my pots and pans (not that that worked out very well). Not surprisingly, none of these worked all that well except for the very thin silicone turner.

Initially, I was a bit worried about the handle design, but that went away quickly. I like the balance and I already find myself reaching for these in preference to my other utensils. They feel good in the hand, the balance gives you great control, and they are pretty and shiny. Highly recommended!
on January 29, 2015
I was skeptical as to what a $10 set of Stainless Steel utensils would get me. I anticipated the worst, but came away quite happy. Let's be honest; you do get what you pay for to a degree. The handles are flat and not ergonomic. The thin shape does mean that the heat will transfer to the handle a bit quicker than some might like; don't leave these in a boiling bot or heated skillet because you might burn yourself on the handle.

That aside, this is fantastic value. The tools themselves feel very sturdy. The variety of utensils is great; I find it hard to find a $10 set that includes a skimmer. I found the ring that attaches them all together to be fairly useless, but I like that the handles have an opening so they can be hung from hooks.

If you are worried that these will fall apart have no fear. These are well made stainless steel utensils. If you need more features like ergonomic handles this set will probably disappoint.

Overall this is a 4 star product, but at a 5 star value.
on July 2, 2014
When I read some concerns about thickness, I was reluctant to order them. They're far thicker than I anticipated. No, they don't have "high school cafeteria" heft, but they're thicker than the metal on most non-commercial kitchen utensils. Characterizing them as mid-grade commercial would be about right.

They feel good. They're a tiny bit rough where they were cut from stamped metal and the "finish" on them is probably a 7 out of 10, but I paid about $10 for them. I went to a large box retailer and utensils like these, perhaps a little thinner, start off at $5 each. This is a spectacular bargain. And they look good in the utensil jar that sits on the counter next to the stove. Very pleased with this purchase. I'd say you get more than your money's worth with this purchase. Weary of nylon and plastic melting on my other utensils, I propped these up with a set of bamboo utensils for non-stick cookware. I have no complaints.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 14, 2014
I bought this set for the strainer to lift small items from boiling water or hot oil, the others will be camping or other utility use.
Made in India, medium to light weight material not made for pressing burgers or bearing down on a grill/griddle to lift up stuck items, but not as cheap as some of the grocery store utensils I've seen either.

The spatulas flex some when in use (supports a pound and a half jar with ease), and i doubt I will use them for anything that heavy anyway. The spoons and ladle I think would hold up to most things being stirred/scooped, just not lifting out a roast or whole chicken or the like.

If you prefer top shelf, this isn't likely to satisfy you, however if you want an extra set for light to medium use or maybe a cheap dorm set you can afford to leave behind. This definitely fits the bill
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on July 8, 2016
These proved a worthy upgrade to my kitchen, and over the past 9 months I haven't had a single issue with them. I love the style, they function perfectly, with great durability, and I can't think of a single complaint to be made against this product. None of them have been bent or otherwise damaged, and they all lived up to my expectations in terms of appearance.

If you like the look, go for it.
on November 27, 2015
I have been using these for a couple of months now and they are pretty great utensils. They are easy to handwash and they're dishwasher safe too. I would have given them 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that 2 of the pieces have slightly rough edges on the handle portion of the utensils. It's not sharp or anything, just a little rough. If you're looking to replace old utensils without spending a ton of money, or if you're just starting out in a new place, I would definitely recommend these!