Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$4.43+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 202 reviews
on June 14, 2014
I'm not sure this is the best Amelia story yet lensed but it is watchable. Hillary Swank and Richard Gere are persuasive in their depiction of an unconventional love story. There was the conflict between the free spirit Amelia and the doting George Putnam, he who wanted to give her what she wanted and she who had to become an huckster to raise the capital to fund her expeditions. Amelia's affair with Gene Vidal is depicted as well as her return to GP. A bit sleepy at times but it gives you a sense of the personalities while not ultimately answering many questions.
on July 1, 2017
A little heavy on the love story. I wanted more on the aviation Amelia.
on January 18, 2017
Beautifully written, directed, portrayed and scored. Seeing what a full, courageous life she had, left me in awe. She was a true super hero, absolutely fearless. The film begins with her childhood, shows us all of her major flights, romances, struggles with crews, finances and in the end the failure of the ship Itasca's equipment. Amazing ride of a movie.
on October 20, 2015
Very predictable and not very interesting. Hillary Swank is the best part of this movie since I have liked everything she has ever been in. Frankly, I couldn't wait for this to be over. I felt obligated to watch it since I paid for it and it's time and money I will never get back...
on February 2, 2017
I used this movie in my middle school classroom after studying the life of Earhart. The movie depicted her life in a similar way to the biography we analyzed. I would suggest viewing the film before showing it. I found some parts to be a bit mature for this particular audience.
on July 29, 2015
Liked the movie although not a great movie. Acting was good, liked the choice of actors/actresses to play main characters, script average to good. The main reason I took interest in and enjoyed this movie is of my interest and liking for Amelia Earhart and her story/life.
on June 28, 2017
You have to love this movie.
on October 26, 2013
I was really stunned at how poor the acting was. The cast was strong on paper, but not one of them was believable or personable. I really didn't care about any of the characters personally, and found each to be bizarre caricatures. And although Hilary's attempt to look like Earhart by having massive teeth worked, it just looked silly throughout. It's as if it were a movie about Amelia's teeth, not her flying. Disappointing, all around.
on December 4, 2014
I Thought it a fine movie, but not so exiting. Amelia was an aviator, strong and ambitious, which the movie captured nicely. As a woman I could not warm up to her. Her fait saddened me nevertheless.
I. Roanin
on March 7, 2010
Just kind of blah for me.

Hilary Swank certainly gave it the old college try, and looked (and sounded!) more like Amelia Earhart than any actress who has ever played her, in my opinion. Kudos to her, and she was the main reason I wanted to own this (also for the 20s and 30s costumes and settings).

I guess if you like old fashioned biopics, you'll like this, but for me it fell a little flat. Not sure why -- I think the script was bit weak and there were some storytelling techniques I'd have expected to see in a film made in the 50s -- the whole thing felt a little tired.