Amelia, the Venutons and the Golden Cage: Book Two (Amelia's Amazing Space Adventures) Paperback – March 15, 2016
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, I thought that the illustrations were strong, and always with a dash of humor. B. Mozayeny
very much ,and you will too!
1. Uglesnoo coerces Amelia to go with him by making her feel bad for his sister. She doesn't really want to but then gets guilt tripped into it.
2. They sneak past her parents at night (good idea, let's go somewhere with a stranger in the middle of the night and not tell your parents).
3. He doesn't tell her about his prior run ins with the Venutons, when instead of owning up to his mistakes he ran away. Again, his solution this time when confronted with them: run!!!
4. Venutian Bliss Bubbles: basically mind altering helium filled balloons. Yes, let's glorify drugs to our kids: feels so good, almost like it's her birthday.
5. Moon Bons are so apparently so addictive that the other little aliens are willing to turn them in to the Venutians, just to get their hands on them.
6. Oh and don't forget that snoring is a sickness you can cure with medicine.
And this is where I stop reading.
So I figured A would like to read this book but she wasn't very interested in it. So I decided to read this to K and he really did enjoy the book. He is already asking if there is another book to read as he wants to see what other items they are going to get from the other planets. The pictures are very bright and colorful and I think the children will enjoy looking at them. K and I really laughed at the Venutons because they were so big and colorful that you could cuddle with them if you didn't get on their bad side.
Uglesnoo and Ameila are both on a mission to Venus to get bliss bubbles as part of the items they need to help Uglesnoo's sister who is sick but what happens when the Venutons wake up?
Just open this book and find out if they will get the item they need before they can move on.
We plan on reading book one as K did ask me how did the two friends meet, why are they exactly going on these missions and so forth.