Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 24, 2015
My 5 year old daughter and I love this book. Reading about the different challenges the featured women faced and their successes have given me a chance to explain societal issues such as racism, misogyny, and the barriers these women broke through and the freedoms we enjoy due in part to their hard work. I keep emphasizing to her that obstacles can be overcome with dedication and hard work.
24 people found this helpful
on February 26, 2015
Awesome book! My 7 and 10 year old cousins (both girls) love to read a few each day and they talk about who's their favorite and why. It's really nice for them to see some strong female role models from the real world and the 10 year old has started talking about how she now wants to be an engineer and the 7 year old is really taking a liking to Grace the programmer (mostly because they share the same name but it's very exciting!)
11 people found this helpful
on June 11, 2013
I am a high school Literacy teacher. I had my doubts about using this book when I received it as the biographies were short and in large print. However, my students loved using this as an introduction to the lives of famous women. From this, they went on to
research those women whose lives interested them.
41 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2017
I really, really love this book. Growing up, history was almost entire based around white men. I'm so glad that this generation has access to other options. As a teacher, it's my job to make sure my students have a diverse variety of resources to learn from. I LOVE having this book in my classroom.
on July 30, 2017
I thought i ordered the hardback but i recieved the paper back book but that could have been my mistake. Great quality with great women. Perfect for my daughter
One person found this helpful
on February 7, 2017
My friends just had a baby and named her Amelia. Of course I had to buy her this book. I know she's too young to read it now but I am hoping someday it gives her hope. It's really a great book and the parents really appreciated it.
on September 20, 2016
This is an inspiring set of women, perfect to show a little girl (or boy) that women too can do amazing things. It is wordy though, so its too much for my 3 year old, but great for her 7 year old cousin. I have put one away for when my daughter gets older though.
on August 14, 2015
Bought this for a first grader... when she regaled me with stories she had read (starting with A for Amelia Earhart!) and the accomplishments of the women included in the book, I knew it had hit the mark. What a great way to spark a young girl's imagination!
on June 8, 2013
Fantastic Book! I xeroxed three copies of each page because I was the presenter for Women's History Month. A xerox copy went up on the wall after I read the woman of the day. We have community meeting in the morning and I had two students walking up and down the corridor showing the page to students as I was reading it. Teachers thought the book was excellent!
One person found this helpful
on February 3, 2017
Perfect for my granddaughter, who reads and looks forward to making a mark of her own someday.