Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on May 24, 2015
My 5 year old daughter and I love this book. Reading about the different challenges the featured women faced and their successes have given me a chance to explain societal issues such as racism, misogyny, and the barriers these women broke through and the freedoms we enjoy due in part to their hard work. I keep emphasizing to her that obstacles can be overcome with dedication and hard work.
on February 26, 2015
Awesome book! My 7 and 10 year old cousins (both girls) love to read a few each day and they talk about who's their favorite and why. It's really nice for them to see some strong female role models from the real world and the 10 year old has started talking about how she now wants to be an engineer and the 7 year old is really taking a liking to Grace the programmer (mostly because they share the same name but it's very exciting!)
on February 1, 2014
I didn't before reading this, but it is a great way to learn of the importance of women in every walk of life. It is very readable and will get the point across to young listeners that women - whose names begin with one of the 26 letters - can do anything!
on March 22, 2017
The book has a great mix of well-known women and some that I have never heard about before. I bought this for a 1st grader and she of course needs help reading it, but the illustrations are great and she stays engaged. The pages are quite thick and durable. I highly recommend the book.
on February 6, 2016
Some of the writing is hard to read as it is over some of the darker picture and ink is black. Information is good but should be in a white area for clarity or a different color ink.
on July 30, 2017
I thought i ordered the hardback but i recieved the paper back book but that could have been my mistake. Great quality with great women. Perfect for my daughter
on December 11, 2016
I bought this book for my niece and the illustrations and descriptions in this book are beyond what I expected. There is a quote from every woman featured in the book. This is a great book for any child to read and I will be looking to see if the author has written any other books because this one was so well done.
on September 20, 2016
This is an inspiring set of women, perfect to show a little girl (or boy) that women too can do amazing things. It is wordy though, so its too much for my 3 year old, but great for her 7 year old cousin. I have put one away for when my daughter gets older though.
on August 14, 2015
Bought this for a first grader... when she regaled me with stories she had read (starting with A for Amelia Earhart!) and the accomplishments of the women included in the book, I knew it had hit the mark. What a great way to spark a young girl's imagination!
on January 4, 2017
I really, really love this book. Growing up, history was almost entire based around white men. I'm so glad that this generation has access to other options. As a teacher, it's my job to make sure my students have a diverse variety of resources to learn from. I LOVE having this book in my classroom.