Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 184 reviews
on July 29, 2014
I bought this book for myself, but I found that this book is for beginers or people with intermediate level of english. Its main focus is on grammar, but at the same time you can learn pronunciation by repeating the audio and reading the text, plus you will find tricks on how to pronounce those words easily and it comes with 2 cd's.
To make my review shorter I want to say that I gave this book away to my boss and he's so happy about it, I wished I could've taken a picture at that moment, he was like a kid with a new toy. He told me eventually that this book has been a great help towards working on his english.
on February 19, 2010
American Accent Training is an exceptional training manual for anyone learning English as a second language and teachers of the same. The book is loaded with practical, helpful information related to how consonants and vowels are produced in American English, inflection, grammar and "real" speech samples. There are many words, phrases, sentences and paragraphs for practicing each segment. The CDs enhance learning by providing clear spoken models of the printed exercises.
on November 20, 2015
This is a great resource for ESL speakers. It's easy to read, contains many helpful exercises and pronunciation tips. It's a great addition to my library.
on October 5, 2009
I love this book. The intonation is great I love the most. It have lots of sentences with intonation. But on the other hand, the gap for repeating is so close, hard to do it. It should have been slower. However the dianogtis test is 100 bucks which is pretty expensive compared to the book. It should have cost around 50 bucks or lower otherwise main purpose is to make money from the test not from the book. I like the technique la la la, me me me, duh duh duh, but I don't like the rubber band technique for everytime you stress on words. It seems doesn't work at all. I love the linking like woundn't he= wun don ni, is he= i zi and so on. In general, the intonation was great compared to the book of Master American Accent that I have costing 70 bucks, it has more detail on linking but I don't like the intonation which is boring. I'd recommend anyone for the Master... book if want more on linking words and pronunciation. If Mrs Ann Cook slower on speaking, and lower the dianogtis test, the book would be the best seller. I love the intonation. It was great compared to many books that I bought.
on July 31, 2017
I liked it.
on December 16, 2014
Wonderful text book. Should be used in classrooms for English as a second language. As a writer and professor of languages, I approve this text book. Valdivia Beauchamp
on February 1, 2016
It is on par with my expectations. Good reading
on December 10, 2013
The training is well-made. The only problem I found was the sequence of the CD tracks does not quite follow the book, which made me stumbled sometimes in trying to locate matching materials.
on February 6, 2013
I will recommand this book to all people who speak english as second language. Even natives can find this book important to improve the way they do things.
on June 26, 2015