Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 239 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 362 reviews
on July 18, 2016
While many of the conspiracies written about in the book are more or less public knowledge, some aren't. Which is why I would recommend this book to anyone who is starting to understand that our government lies to us, and often.

I have read a number of bad reviews of this book, both here and on other websites. And I think that is in large part due to how unwilling some are to accept the fact that their government actually lies to them. If even one of the conspiracies mentioned in this book is true, then why can't others be?

This is a book for people who are free thinkers, certainly, but I would urge anybody to read it. The chapter on 9/11 is certainly eye opening.

Ventura and Russell include quite a number of footnotes documenting where they got their evidence, too.

All in all it makes for a good read. I skipped around the chapters in my first read through, and you will likely do the same.
on June 18, 2011
I have not read every word of this new Ventura venture but once again I have been enlightened, outraged, maybe even embarrassed here and there by all the detail implying that I too "drank the kool-aid", as I sat half-awake on my couch, (albeit after a long, miserable day at work, when work was to be found), and let thye Fair and Balanced station hypnotize me into submission.

My recommendation therefore is based upon my skimming of those chapters I find the most intersting at this time: THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION: THE BIGGEST COVER-UP IN MY LIFETIME; THE OCTOBER SURPRISE; WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ON SEPTEMBER 11?

Every Chapter starts out with a highlighted text box with The Incident, The Official Word, My Take and ends with What Should We Do Now?

The idea of a lookalike Lee Harvey Oswald is too far-fetched for me, however, although I do believe he was "fringe", off the books, rogue CIA, in a "double agent"
mode. The entire October Surprise entry is 100% ok with me. I do not dig the implication that the White House had a hand, however, tiny, in the 09-1-1 scenario.
If anything, I beleive Bush II, et. al., just let the chips fall where they may, as I surmise happened on 11-22-63. Perfect deniability and..."all for the best".

You can see that Jesse's got my brain percolating again! (retirement helps!). Go, go, go Jesse! 2016: Clinton and Ventura!!!
on May 16, 2016
This is a very illuminating book. It's clear that the research was thorough, and each chapter gave me a lot to think about. It's too bad that Jesse's voice seems to be a lone one in the wilderness. Everyone should read this book.
Jesse Ventura is a real American who has a lot of questions. Packed into this book are some of the most disturbingly unsolved governmental mysteries of our country. He dives into dozens of stories that we all have known about and in many cases did not know about. One of the most intriguing is the assassination of President Lincoln. What we were taught in school is just a scratch of the surface. Mr. Ventura goes into detail about the conspiracy that surrounded Lincoln's entire Presidency. Robert Redford's recent movie "The Conspirator" is a perfect example of how intricate the story is. There is plenty more, including the J. F. Kennedy and R. F. Kennedy assassinations as well as Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and more. Other heady stories include the Jonestown massacre; something we thought we all knew about. However, Mr. Ventura brings new light to the matter and the more he explains, the more you start to question what you thought you knew. The media is not 'all-telling'. Stolen elections of the last decade 'plus' are given a solid review here as well, showing that our government is no more trustworthy than any other. Of particular fascination to me was his expansive questions about 9/11, with almost too many questions about Building Seven, how the towers really might have fallen, who knew what, why was the Pentagon left with that circular hole, not befitting the crash of a jetliner, why NORAD was in Greenland that day, etc. Even Jesse Ventura was "investigated" by a mysterious group from Washington after he was elected governor - an almost humorous confrontation when he turns the tables on them.

Each subject is organized into three parts: The Incident, The Official Word and My Take (or Jesse Ventura's analysis). All topics are well researched and the questions he brings up are nearly mind boggling in their obviousness. Why didn't Americans ask questions? Why would the government cover up anything? What is to be gained from such cover-ups? This is the kind of book that should be required reading in high school, if only for the facts and truth about each incident. Some might think Jesse Ventura to be paranoid, but if he is, he has good reason. This book is a fast and amazing read. There really are very few books quite like it. Even if you are not a 'conspiracy theory' fan, you'll at least learn a lot more about America's history. The only thing I found frustrating about the book, is that it raises so many seemingly unanswerable questions. But as Jesse Ventura explains, these are the kinds of things Americans need to know about. Our government is not what it always wants us to see it as. 'Vigilance' and 'questioning' is as American as apple pie.
on April 2, 2016
I enjoy Jesse Ventura' s TV show, but this book is a disappointment. Instead of just hitting on the major aspects of each event that he write about, he probes extremely deeply and includes too many details and spends too much effort & time on each event. His reports include such an extensive list of different people, that I was unable to keep track of each person and their importance to his theory. I have read over half this book, but I put it down a couple months ago and I'm not sure I'll ever finish it. Some of the stories are so long & drawn out & confusing that they do not hold my interest...basically, I do not care to read the endings.
on June 5, 2016
Jesse Ventura has taken from his experiences as governor of Minnesota an insider's knowledge and tries to expose the lies and cover ups of government.
on June 3, 2016
This is a very well written book
on March 7, 2017
Gift for a family member who enjoyed it
on August 15, 2016
Service was great! Haven't read book yet, but was told that it is also great! Quite a revelation!!!
on April 13, 2017
My son purchased this book for one of his college classes, he loves it, very interesting reading.