Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 341 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 371 reviews
on October 12, 2011
I bought this for my college dorm that is about 9.75 feet by 14.5 feet. I found a great spot for it and it lights up the whole ceiling and two walls. This thing is fricken awesome. My ceiling is a waffle style ceiling, and whenever the colors change or flash using audio sync it's as if there are actually green lights going off in each little waffle square. This is the first I've ordered, and I love it. If you want to get creative with the remote and change the direction of rotation during a song you know the beat to, you can make a great effect. I bought this with two black lights. I left my door open the first night I had this going, and it seemed like 50 different people came by and just chilled to the music. It's a great conversation piece, and makes for a good time. Plus, it's portable, this thing isn't big at all. If you want auto mode, you can change the speed the lazers move on the back of the unit. It is also fan cooled, and doesn't run hot at all for me. If you point it at the floor, it also gives a fantastic effect. Buy the ADJ Micro Galaxian, trust me.
on February 12, 2012
This was probably one of my best light purchases without the need for DMX controller. Simply let the music play and the lasers (red and green) do the dancing. A fog machine is strongly recommended (almost mandatory) to see the full light show.

The lasers are also very powerful, so move around to find the best place. I have found that the furthest ceiling corner of a room works the best to show this. It's just wowing to see the laser as you walk in the room. The lasers also have a very wide coverage, so a corner shooting laser will cover at least three to four walls, ceiling, and floor. In other words, it will cover most of the room except behind itself.

The unit comes with a remote control where you can turn it on/off, direction of the laser show, red or green laser selection, and blackout. However, I found the remote to be confusing at times - click blackout then click red/green/all selection doesn't show laser - must click blackout again before switching to different laser color. A more natural move would be to click blackout, then click red/green/all to make selection since I don't always want to "unblackout" to previous color setting.

Also, there are very limited patterns and it does get old rather quickly.

Regardless, this is a must addition to any club scene. Strongly recommended.
on August 17, 2014
I am disappointed with the laser but I still have to give it 4 stars because of the quality of the equipment. It probably deserves 5 stars I was just expecting a lot more and I guess that's my fault, should have spent more on the full size Galaxian but it does a good job for the size of it. I did have a guy from the catering service at the first wedding I used the Micro Galaxian at come over to my DJ booth and say how surprised he was by the spread of light that was coming from such a small package.
on January 6, 2015
This unit is great by itself, but I almost think two are necessary. Not because it isnt bright or doesn't fill up a lot of space, it does both of those things well. But with two lasers you're able to provide a real light show, switching between all the features allows for some trippy effects.

Definately recommend the product, and if you like it, I'd suggest looking into ADJ's other lasers like the Royal or Hypnotic Web to make a legit setup.

I had the green laser go out on my product within the 3 month warranty time frame and ADJ replaced the unit within a few weeks. Their customer service was very easy to work with and polite. Good people.
on January 6, 2016
This unit has my favorite laser pattern and it seems to be popular at county fair booths, etc. On my unit the red laser is a bit dimmer than the green which is noticeable in daylight operation where the red almost appears missing. However, at night or in dim rooms the red is bright enough and doesn't stand out as having an issue.
on December 15, 2014
got the first one after the fourth try the red laser went out. got the return authorization from amazon no problem. I have only use the laser two times with the second one everything worked fine, saw on the website that there was an issue with the the packing of the laser from amazon. I will poste an update on my next usage. update 12/22 14 have used the laser for the 3rd time half of the red lasers have stop working in audio mode and manual mode. bought a 460 MW 4 tunnel laser from chion on ebay works twice as better that this laser I bought for a little more n\money you can get a better laser I will not recommend this laser for DJ around the world went from three stars down to a negative 1 . do not buy this laser weak red laser shame on you American DJ.
on March 18, 2014
This laser is impressive for its size. It easily covers a room the size of a college dorm room. And by saying that, I mean that a dorm room is actually too small for this thing. The closer you hold it up to a wall or ceiling, the smaller the laser patterns are going to be since it projects them. To make this thing more impressive and actually fill out a whole room, you would have to put it in something twice as large as a regular dorm room. Not saying it doesn't look good in one, because I had it in one and it was awesome.
The audio mode where it responds to the music or voices or really anything is very cool. It doesn't pick up quiet music or people talking in a normal tone about 6ft away though. If you put it right next to a speaker it obviously picks the noise up even when it's pretty quiet, but farther away, the music has to be a little louder. But that's what I wanted it for anyway. Partying and loud music! Very impressive response for sure! With higher quality speakers with distinct low bass, it will generally project the lasers to the bass and therefore the beat, which is what you want. By lower quality speakers, it can get confused and respond to everything like the singers voice or other instruments, which makes it seem random and not to the beat. You'll have to figure it out.
I have used it several times so far and everyone was very impressed by how much this thing does.
Oh yeah.... it has 4 different laser settings. One with just the red lasers, one with just the green, one with both with a rather smooth rythm, and one with both where instead of just moving patterns it flashes once in a while. Also you have a switch to switch between auto and audio mode and a blackout button, which turns of the lasers til you click it again, but only the lasers, not the unit itself. All this is on the remote. For the whole unit there is an on and off button on the unit. Also on the unit is a little wheel to adjust the speed in auto and audio mode.
I recommend this item and give it 5 out of 5 stars. No complaints.
on August 7, 2014
This thing is truly awesome. I watched videos on Youtube to make sure this was the one I wanted and even when I saw it with my own eyes I was still truly amazed. The amount of light this unit produces at its small size is unbelievable. If you have a short attention span you may find yourself kind of tired of the pattern this thing runs because it is pretty easy to figure out. However, for the money, there isn't a better laser out there.

Now unfortunately, something on my unit is messed up. The green laser light will not turn off, which makes the blackout feature pointless since it simply freezes green light on the walls. Also with this I can't have the red light by itself.

I contacted American DJ but got no reply, and that's the sole reason I am giving 4 stars instead of a full 5. I will be returning this item for another new one that hopefully works flawlessly.
on July 25, 2015
I used this light before I purchased it online, and the laser I received worked perfectly as expected. It has 3 basic settings: Red light, green light, and combination. The remote is a handy tool to go to Black Out mode, change the direction of the gobos, and to switch between colors. This light has fantastic coverage....very very wide. It will cover a very large dance floor area...if you're a professional DJ and are worried that this light may not be enough, I would curb your anxiety and purchase one of these. I love it. I don't give 5 stars unless something is exceptional, so the 4 stars here is a hearty 4 stars.
on February 22, 2015
I love this freaking thing. I got it to use with some fog machines in a music video but honestly I think I'll end up using it at parties more.The output on this thing is insane for it's size (it's quite small) and it easily lights up large rooms all by itself. My unit has not heated up very hot at all even after several hours of operation (the back fan does hard core work, but is fairly silent). For the price, I definitely recommend, especially if you just want to spice up a party a little bit. The main cons are that you lack control over what the lasers do and you only have 2 colors. You can set it so it is on only 1 color, and then stick a gel in front of to change the laser color obviously. The sound activation definitely works....just I don't think I'll ever really bother leaving it on. The mic in may improve the laser motion on it, I just haven't tested it.