American Educational Tornado Demonstration Model
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Teaching tornado demonstration model and guide
- Bring a storm into your classroom-and help students grasp the principles behind tornado formation
- This best-selling demonstrator shows how solar energy creates the conditions required for tornadoes to form and how other forces influence their movement
- Students learn about updraft, convergence and rotation, funnel speed and width, and many more exciting tornado facts
- Includes guide
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||American Educational Products|
|Ean||0795721107199 , 0067395433554|
|Global Trade Identification Number||00795721107199|
|Item Weight||9.20 pounds|
|Number of Items||1|
|UPC||067395433554 , 795721107199|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also viewed these products
Hubbard Scientific bring a storm into your classroom and help students grasp the principles behind tornado formation. This best-selling demonstrator shows how solar energy creates the conditions required for tornadoes to form and how other forces influence their movement. Students learn about updraft, convergence and rotation, funnel speed and width, and many more exciting tornado facts. Includes guide. Measures 12-1/2-inches length by 14-1/2-inches width by 18-inches height.
Sample Curriculum [PDF 1.31mb]
- Product Dimensions : 14.5 x 12.5 x 18 inches; 9.2 Pounds
- Manufacturer recommended age : 9 years and up
- Item model number : 648
- Date First Available : May 22, 2008
- Manufacturer : American Educational
- ASIN : B00658DTOA
- Best Sellers Rank: #164,984 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are so many possibilities of what you can do with the tornado, you can make it thin and rotating very fast or thick and very slow rotating, all you need to do is alter the pipes and fan speed to get what you want. If you'd prefer you can add Dry Ice to the water bowl for a more dense fog and more visible funnel. The only thing that I'd like to be enhanced is the plastic used because it feels very thin and not very durable. Overall I'd rate this product the full 5 stars. The shipping was also very fast, I ordered it November 29th and it was at my door step on the December 3rd. Also great for a gift anybody can love this!
The item works EXACTLY as advertised. I can't believe it... that is a rarity. You get a genuine 18 inch tall 2-4 inch wide tornado trapped in a display. This has my son virtually hypnotized. me too, actually. It's one of the few things he plays with that I also get a lot of enjoyment from. In fact, I'd say it is an appropriate gift for adults as well. It's that cool.
There is a big bowl of water involved as a source for the mist. So be aware of that. It is very quiet. Only issue I have is that it is a little rickety, due to the way it assembles. The vertical tubes are held into place with loose rubber grommets to make a seal, so you need to be careful that you don't bang into it much. For what this item cost ($250?) I'd prefer a more substantial "feel" to the item.
Even my wife... with her PhD in Chemistry... thought it was awesome.
Altogether a solid "A"... only thing keeping it from "A+" is price and the rickety feeling.