Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The American Red Cross FRX3+ Emergency Weather Radio with Smartphone Charger, ARCFRX3+WXR
- This is the emergency radio with a large, ergonomic hand crank that requires little effort to generate power for delivering a superior combination of sound quality, playback time, and reception.
- Its superior audio quality provides clear, crisp sound that allows you to hear every word of a NOAA Weather Band, unlike other models that produce distorted, static-filled audio.
- Its superior battery provides 8.7X longer playback time than lesser models. Unlike other radios with analog tuners, it has an easy-to-adjust digital tuner that receives radio stations.
- Additional superior features include an integrated LED flashlight, USB port for charging smartphones, mini-USB cable, and a built-in solar panel for supplemental power.
- Utilizes a rechargeable lithium ion 3.7V battery (included). 5 3/4" H x 7" W x 2 2/3" D. (1 1/4 lbs.)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Dimensions 5.8 x 6.9 x 2.6” (W x H x D) 14.7 x 17.5 x 6.6 cm (W x H x D) Weight: 0.93 lbs (0.42 kg)
- Receives AM/FM (digital radio)
- Receives all 7 NOAA/Environment Canada Weather bands
- Alert function broadcasts in emergency weather alerts
- Hand turbine and solar power charging in emergencies
- USB smartphone charge with 2600mAh battery
- Long-lasting LED flashlight
- One red LED flashing beacon
The American Red Cross FRX3+
Hand Turbine AM/FM/NOAA Radio with Weather Alert, USB Smartphone Charger, and LED Flashlight
Be Red Cross Ready.
The American Red Cross encourages everyone to be prepared for emergencies and disasters. Since these events can strike suddenly, individuals and families can make a difference by gathering important emergency supplies, making a plan and being informed. Simple preparedness actions can equip you with the necessities that can make all the difference should an emergency occur. You can Be Red Cross Ready with the FRX3+ which is a multi-powered, multi-function, smartphone charging, weather alert radio which will give access to news and information in an emergency.
Stay tuned and up-to-date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with alarm clock, bright LED flashlight and phone charger.
When the 'Alert' function is on, the radio will automatically broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes and severe storms.
Never be left without a charge for your device in any emergency situations. Power up your smartphone 1.5X with a capacity 2600mAH battery.
Keep your family safe and sound with the latest updates and news from the FRX3+ digital radio. You have direct access to weather updates with the NOAA bands and Alert feature.
Protect Your Family
This all-purpose, rechargeable weather alert radio with solar panel and hand turbine power generator will keep you in the know, alerted and well connected.
Safe & Sound
Keep your family safe and sound with the FRX3+ which provides you with an all purpose weather radio, alarm, flashlight and most importantly power for your phone when you need it most with the 2600mAh battery.
This is the emergency radio with a large, ergonomic hand crank that requires little effort to generate power for delivering a superior combination of sound quality, playback time, and reception. Its superior audio quality provides clear, crisp sound that allows you to hear every word of a NOAA Weather Band, unlike other models that produce distorted, static-filled audio. Its superior battery provides 8.7X longer playback time than lesser models. Unlike other radios with analog tuners, it has an easy-to-adjust digital tuner that receives radio stations. Additional superior features include an integrated LED flashlight, USB port for charging smartphones, mini-USB cable, and a built-in solar panel for supplemental power. 5 3/4" H x 7" W x 2 2/3" D. (1 1/4 lbs.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As shipped, the battery is separate from the radio itself. I opened up the flimsy battery cover, installed the battery, and tried to close the battery cover. No go.
I rotated the battery multiple times, trying to end up with SOME orientation where the battery terminals (under the outer shrink wrap) didn't interfere with the battery cover. I finally managed to find the one magic orientation where the battery cover should close without interference.
Despite the battery being oriented "just right", the flimsy battery cover latch (the latching part is made from VERY THIN plastic) would not hold the cover securely in place. All it took was a single shake, and the battery cover popped off & the battery came dangling out of the radio.
Even poorer design.
This piece of <fill in the blank> is going right back to Amazon.
Radio reception seems perfectly adequate; I live in a desert WB chan 7 comes in fine.
It is medium-weight for a device its size, and feels sturdy.
I'm at about 3.6 stars right now; if it alerts, it can have 4.9 stars.
Immediately apparent design flaws:
1) No safety-color bulb at the antenna tip. Even the military requires this. Poke my eye at night (no lights, remember?)
2) Solar cell in the way of carrying handle; I'd prefer not to put my hand prints on the sunlight charger.
3) Single cell non-redundant battery: This device should have two batteries wired in parallel, not one. Redundancy is the key to electronic reliability.
4) No stow compartment for the USB charger/power cable: The unit should really be self-contained.
5) (semi-)proprietary battery is not necessarily easy to obtain; and impossible after the zombie apocalypse.
6) No A/C adapter. I miss this (true, it can be worked around).
"Be prepared: Donald Trump is all you need."
A two hour crank on a discharged FR1 provided 0 hours of radio and 15 hours of light,
A four hour crank on a discharged FR1 provided 10 hours of radio and 25 hours of light
If you would like to see the two machines I used to crank these, you can see them at:
I would have given the FR1 a 5 Star rating, but there is no on/off switch. I have not determined the discharge rate when not being used, it has to be very, very small. However it does mean that you need to keep it maintained more frequently. Overall a nice, well built product.
The ability of installing the AAA was a big difference between this and other radios ...If I was able to return this I would it.
Most recent customer reviews
I really feel like you can buy a clock radio at a thrift store that takes AA batteries, and that's more...Read more