Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on October 19, 2010
First, let me say I am a big fan of the Morning Joe crew and enjoy Willie Geist's humorous telling of News You Can't Use. However, this book was not as funny as I expected. It was mildly amusing but perhaps too over the top - I guess I prefer finding the humor in real (yet insane) political events.
on February 19, 2011
Willie Geist has a great sense of humor and a fantastic writing style. He sprinkles real stories throughout the book, which are so outlandish you would think that they're just another product of his talented mind. I am hoping for a sequel!
on March 8, 2014
why did I wait so long to read this? must've been busy watching him on all of his tv shows.
on March 12, 2011
I purchased this item for my son who thoroughly enjoyed it. He in turn bought one also to give as a gift.
on October 19, 2014
So so!
on October 15, 2010
OK, so how does one give five stars to a book that is absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme of things and contains not one iota of wisdom that will change your life? Easy...because it is absolutely meaningless and contains not one iota of wisdom that will change your life! Who says all books have to be filled with metaphorical universality to get top ratings? Hogwash, I say! How about because we have just possibly found a new political satirist who has the potential to keep us entertained for years to come. I mean, come ON...P.J. O'Rourke has been creatively dying on the vine for years is obviously turning out new books lately for the sole purpose of supplementing his 401K before he hits the Pablum stage of life.

So...what is this book? Funny. Entertaining. Something that makes us laugh about the madness all around us, which makes it something we could use a lot more of. It would probably help if you have watched Willie on Morning Joe a time or two because, having done so, you're not caught off guard with his brand of wit and Python-esque sarcasm ("'Eee's using Saaahrcasm."). Having seen Willie a few times and being familiar with his style of devilish humor, it was easy to get right into the book. I'm actually surprised that Willie does not have his tongue permanently stuck to his cheek after writing this.

So go ahead...buy it and have fun laughing out-loud as Willie lampoons the lineup of freaks in the American freak show. Life's too doggone short to be serious ALL the time! if you are the serious type you either REALLY need to buy this book or consider Googling "New Life."
on November 4, 2010
Once again ... its an acquired taste ... if you are up to see him at 0430 or if you record and watch ... the book is GOOD!
on October 22, 2010
I loved this book! It made me laugh so hard at times that I was crying! My favorite chapter is the "Neverland Ranch Yard Sale". I was laughing so hard I could barely read it outloud to my hubby. I am really looking forward to the next book from Willie Geist. Seriously, if you need a break from the political madeness in America read this book. I got the book at 1 pm on a Tuesday and I was done by noon on Wednesday. I could not put it down!
on November 19, 2010
I've been a fan of Geist on MSNBC for some time but this takes it to another level. This book is laugh-out-loud funny.
on November 11, 2010
exactly as the title to my review states...dudes so out of touch its embarassing. i get it, im not his target audience, (and i bought the book for my stepmom who is) but still, what an unfunny white boy. book gave me the douche chills many times, until i finally put it down.