Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on September 2, 2016
The mp3 did not work on any device I had so I could not use it. They would not let me return it because the window for return expired before I tried it.
on June 1, 2008
Adult learners do not have hours of free time to devote to studying , we have to make every moment count and this book is perfect for that. For my RN-MSN course I needed to take 2 history courses as quickly as possible. I decided on the CLEP US History I and Western Civilization I.
In preparing for the US History this book was AWESOME. It cuts straight to the important events, people and topics, the exact items that were all on the CLEP exam. Everything you need to know all in a nice neat little condensed book.
I used this book in conjunction with the REA CLEP US HISTORY book , which is also excellent. Infact, some of the practice test questions were on my actual CLEP exam, word for word. It did not matter how nervous I was going into the exam, I walked out of there with a score = to an A and I have to give the credit to these 2 books. What a great feeling it is to look at the test question on the screen and think " my gosh I know all of this ! " For those that want or need a bit more background in the way of a text book , please consider America A Narrative History 6th edition by Tindall. It too cuts right to all the important topics but is written in a very entertaining informative way. I will be reading that book from cover to cover just for the fun of it, it is that good.
on November 19, 2014
Do not just buy this book and expect to gain the information, rather this book is a long list of bulletin points with topics yu should know. It doesnt go into any depth.

TO USE THIS BOOK: Look at the topics within in the book, and look them up online.
on July 29, 2013
This book contains many facts that I can include in my classroom notes for the year. Very comprehensive and complete.
on March 22, 2015
I have been trying to learn about how America became what it is today. This book has helped me tremendously in learning about the history of that period. The other books on the American history have taken me back to the thinking of American people going back to 1600s and up to the present times. The American History to 1877 has filled in a niche in my quest to learn about the development of America.
on December 8, 2012
This is a good book if you just want the facts and can memorize like that. I need a story to go along with the facts so it didn't really help me all that much. However if that is what you are looking for it is a very small just the facts book with not pictures to distract you.
on December 23, 2009
Barron's EZ 101 Study Keys - easy to follow and clear. Will help you to catagorize and learn background details too. :-)
on February 28, 2013
Great for the AP courses, used thru the year, and was great for the prep of the AP final Exam
on June 8, 2016
If you are using it for us history clep it is not efffetive
on October 20, 2014
I didn't really like the format of the material. Maybe it was the font itself, idk, but it made it harder to process. I prefer the actauly CLEP matieral, although it's more pricey.