Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 192 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on November 11, 2015
This review is for the LP (record / Vinyl) version of this, which is apparently not missing as much as the CD release. Of note, the amazon 'autorip' mp3 downloads that are included with the LP purchase are apparently only what is on the CD

The sound quality of the LP is certainly acceptable, and better. I don't have the most critical ear, but it sounds really good to me. Especially considering it's standard weight colored vinyl (red for the first LP, blue for the second), it performs well with most of the subtleties etc coming through clearly, i.e. the whisper in 'How Can You Mend a Broken Heart' is subtle but clear.

If you like this genre you'll love this LP.
review image
on June 27, 2014
I wanted to pick this up even before seeing the film because of the amazing artists, but wouldn't allow myself to until I had. ELO/Jeff Lynne, Elton John, Duke Ellington, Danny Elfman, Wings... Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is one of my favorite songs from Elton and I never owned one of his albums, so it's inclusion here was perfect for me. There is a terrific cover of White Rabbit and the Bee Gees How Can you mend a Broken Heart (quicker than the Al Green version I'm used to) and America's A Horse with No Name lend-- at least in my mind-- a sort of vague continuity in a very eclectic album that contains disco, jazz, lounge singing and an oddly enjoyable song of revenge and tragedy by Tom Jones. The Duke Ellington track sets the mood beautifully and at the albums close we are treated to, short as it is, one of the best Elfman tracks to date, but the icing on the cake is a rare ELO track titled Long Black Road. it's so catchy I could just keep skipping back and playing it over and over, and I have.
on August 10, 2017
This is a great album because it's a compilation of songs you wouldn't usually pick, but fun for background nonetheless.
As others mentioned, you might be disappointed about some of the movie songs missing.
on June 23, 2016
This a great soundtrack! I remember listening to the soundtrack during the movie and liking what I heard. As I started searching through for some new music, this soundtrack came up as a suggestion for me. I took a look at a few of the songs and it stuck out to me as a good purchase!

America's A Horse With No Name has been one of my favorite songs for a long time now but I have never had it on my iPod til buying this soundtrack. That song alone was worth the 5 dollar price! Through in a Duke Ellington tune and a few others, it has a great sound that will keep you moving in your seat at work!
on April 28, 2014
"American Hustle" is an excellent movie. It has excellent songs as well. I'd never heard "Long Black Road" by ELO before, but once I heard it at the end of this movie, I just had to have it. I play it over and over again. It's a great song with a great message about life. Yet there's another favorite song of mine: "Live and Let Die" by Paul McCartney and Wings. I just love this song. There's another ELO song as well as a Bee Gees song that are both great. There's even a Duke Ellington jazz song, "Jeep's Blues", and an Elton John song, "Good-bye Yellow Brick Road", on the soundtrack. I give this soundtrack A-one and five stars. It's a great CD at a great price.
on August 26, 2017
Enjoy the music as well as the movie.Good sound track with some great music..
on March 22, 2017
the best . I love this CD...A+
on April 29, 2017
Another excellent mix on a soundtrack album. Interesting mix of music from the late 20th century.
on April 30, 2017
As a child of the 1970's this film explained a lot of things I heard about when I was a boy. Now I understand what my parents and other adults were talking about.
on March 1, 2016
Loved the movie and had to buy the cd. It's too bad they didn't include ALL the songs from the movie!