Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 294 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,421 reviews
on January 1, 2017
12 years later, and I still remember vividly the day I got this CD. I hadn't known until right before they released it that they were even working on a new one, so I was both surprised and eagerly looking forward to it. It was awesome, of course, but there was undeniably a deep darkness to the album. I wasn't even living in the US at the time, so was somewhat insulated from the lunacy there, but it still cast a strange haunting pall over me. The band I was in had a gig that night, and having listened to this album pretty much non-stop all day definitely put me in a strange place. Anyway, needless to say the songs and cohesiveness of the album and its message have certainly held up over the past decade+. I still listen to it regularly, and it's still a really important album full of amazingly good songs (my favorites are the two long multi-part ones).
on February 1, 2014
I bought this record because I think the album is fantastic. It has a lot of critics, but honestly I wish green day had produced more like this one. The vinyl is wonderful, a double record gatefold with a lyric insert; very cool. I only got it when I did because the price had been dropped to like 10 bucks, and they did that a few times so watch for that if you're looking at the vinyl.

Everything positive about this is above.

Now, I don't know who's at fault here or what, either Amazon or UPS, but someone really messed up (Probs ups, but Amazon was frustrating too). I've never been a fan of ups, but it wasn't exactly in my control. I bought this item and it took a week to ship out. When it finally did the tracking on it was awful. Then it was suddenly marked as delivered on my front porch. I had been home all day and had been occasionally checking for this and other packages so I was surprised that it was marked as delivered. Sure enough I go to check, and there's no package there. I've had it happen before where it gets marked delivered a day early or a few hours early so I just wait it out. So two days go by then I try to contact both companies. Neither one has a great way to contact them in my opinion (Amazon better than ups) but eventually I can file a lost package claim with ups (since Amazon says if it's not delivered it's not their problem, which while basically true wasn't helpful). I waited for a week and a half and then ups cancels my claim. I eventually get in contact with a service rep (say 'agent' at the beginning of the menu of their help line, something they don't post anywhere on the website) who tells me Amazon was able to cancel my claim, which still makes no sense because the agent never explained how Amazon is able to do so. So a few days go by before I get a chance to contact Amazon, when the package was finally delivered. But the icing on the cake, it was delivered to the wrong house. I don't know what happened but it was spectacularly ridiculous, and I wasn't very thrilled with either company, although I realize it was primarily ups at fault.

Just be warned if anything gets shipped ups guys.
on April 7, 2017
I've always loved this album. One song leads into another with out a pause in between so it flows in an awesome way. I listened to it over and over again back when it first came out and now that I own it again I must have listened to it another 20 times in the last month.
on March 27, 2014
Great; accessible; melodic at many points, but hardens it's punk-pop-rock chops when it needs to. Examples: Hard, anthemic, punk screeds: 'Holiday', and the title track; Melodic, setting aside the vitriol, disgust/discontent for a few minutes: 'Wake Me Up When September Ends', 'Extraordinary Girl', 'Blvd. of Broken Dreams'. 'Jesus of Suburbia' is a 9-minute manifesto on the meaning, or lack thereof, of life for tweens/teens/20-somethings lucky enough to find themselves alive in these "Interesting Times". The song, IMHO, is *every* bit the icon, milepost, cultural touchstone; a worthy peer to classics such as 'American Pie' or 'Born in the USA'. The whole thing even kinda works on a wider, theatrical level, i.e. an 'Original Cast Recording', or dare I say, 'Rock Opera'. The band, led by frontman Billy Joe Armstrong, proved this cart-before-horse theory by creating 'American Idiot', a one-act, sung-through musical that originated in the band's hometown of Berkeley, CA, and subsequently ran on Broadway for about a year. I saw the touring production here in Cols., OH, and thoroughly enjoyed it, even acknowledging the fact (we learned afterwards) that the cast/crew had purportedly incurred food poisoning the previous day, and had actually cancelled that Sunday's earlier matinee performance.
on April 21, 2014
This review is about the 2009 pressing of Green Day's American Idiot punk rock musical, specifically the $7.99 amazon 2xLP vinyl record album. This doesn't feel like the regular record weight, these are at least 120 if not 180 gram records. That's where the good news stops, however. I have a decent amp and turntable combo, a lifetime's experience with records, a set of good speakers and the sense to use them properly.

Do not buy this pressing if you're expecting the usual day-and-night difference between the record and the CD, because it's not there. I've got a few other records since first buying the CD and on the same system they are worlds different. This just sounds like the CD coming from my turntable, and that's somewhat disappointing.

Maybe the red and black swirled pressing exclusive to Hot Topic has better sonics, but I honestly doubt it.

Again, an excellent album, best of the year 2004, and a cultural touchstone in the remix culture featured on Dean Grey's American Edit. But this vinyl is mediocre, and I wanted it to be awesome. Caveat emptor.
on October 3, 2015
Terrific sound quality, the packaging was great, and it even came with a poster!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 28, 2017
Posting three stars based on the greatness of the album. However, this IS NOT what I expected to arrive. Formerly, this had the cardboard slip over the cover of the album with the "American Idiot" artwork on the cardboard slip that went over the jewel case. This looks like someone has redone this album and slapped it together in a 2 CD capable jewel case.
on June 24, 2017
Great CD and the songs are great to.
on August 21, 2017
So fitting for the current times.
on February 9, 2017
I'm rating this four stars because the jewel case on the back is crack this is my only negative or because of shipping but I think this is the best album that green day has ever made so far my dad had this album long time ago and I wanted it back CD has no cracks or scratches you will love it I highly recommend this CD by Green Day