Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

American Idol Season 11

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2011, 10:01:01 PM PST
Phantastic says:
Yes, folks, it's almost upon us. Just one more month until it's back on the air (January of 2012). I started this early so we can post any news about the new season. I heard that the rules will stay the same as season 10 for the new season because the show had pretty good ratings (better than X-Factor) and probably also because of Scotty's success. Frankly, I'm almost ready to kiss X-Factor goodby and gladly welcome Idol back again.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011, 9:52:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011, 11:53:01 AM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
Polly...i must confess after the last couple weeks of X- Factor has made me appreciate idol a little more,not a perfect program by any means but i must say it does a better job of making the show about the contestants than their new competition,for some unexplained reason Simon allowed his show to be hijack by quarreling judges and by allowing that to happen removed the spotlight away from the contestants to the judges table gripped with blindness and spite,not a promising ending with a show that displayed some fresh hopeful signs in the beginning only be followed by a crippling display of a show teetering on becoming a joke,this is the reason the industry itself has trouble with programs like this..when they stumble so badly in choosing contestants only undermines the concept they are to be taken seriously...hep.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011, 11:51:01 AM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
I saw a early promo for season 11,looks promising...and if i am not mistaken i thought i saw a former x-factor contestant on that clip,i am most likely wrong but god he looked just like that DJ got sent home by Nicole...hep.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011, 5:40:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2011, 5:41:14 PM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
Wonder if we will get female winner this time around,maybe it is about time...the guys have had a great run but i think a change may be in the wind for season 11...hep.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011, 11:41:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2011, 11:42:53 AM PST
Gini says:
Hep ~
I don't care if it's a guy or girl...give us give us real talent! If we have to have her, please put some tape over J.Lo's mouth while they're at it. Did you see that BoyToy she has with her now? Yuck! 24 years old.....how can you have a conversation with them? Gini ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011, 12:58:48 PM PST
carolb57 says:
J-Lo got what she wanted from being a judge on Idol last year--the chance to perform and pimp her new CD. It was totally an ego trip and that's why she was so critical of her competitors on the show--Pia and Haley and even Lauren. Remember, it was mostly the females getting the harsh criticisms.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011, 7:01:35 PM PST
Gini says:
Carol ~
Your so right! I don't resent her getting attention and a boost in her career from Idol but she was unfair to everyone of those girls. It just seems odd after AI she dumped her husband to move on with her career. My husband always said they were the "odd couple". lol Gini

Posted on Dec 7, 2011, 7:19:30 PM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
Gini...of course it should be about talent but i would not mind seeing a changing of the guard at idol,i am ready for another Haley,if they can find one..hep.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011, 2:44:05 PM PST
Phantastic says:
American Idol's 11th season starts with a two-night premiere on January 18 and 19 on your local Fox station. After the last few weeks of X-Factor, I'm looking forward to it.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011, 2:52:41 PM PST
Phantastic says:
According to USA Today:

"NBC has been looking at American Idol host Ryan Seacrest as a potential replacement for departing Today host Matt Lauer."

So Ryan does AI, an E celeb gossip show, produces ALL of the various Kardashian shows, has a radio Top 40 show, and NOW he's suddenly a REAL NEWS show reporter/host.

I'd like to know:

Could Ryan get any richer???
When does he get time to sleep???
What ever happened to the guy who was the co-host with Ryan on the first season of AI????

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011, 11:12:10 AM PST
A customer says:
I am with you on kissing the X-Factor goodbye. I really liked Idol, not just for the entertainment but also the easy, breezy tone set by Steven Tyler. Always felt good watching that show. The cast of the X-Factor gets under my skin to the point that Simon is actually the good guy. The judges votes are so distorted by the "team" concept that every week has been a disturbing train wreck that is very uncomfortable to watch. I also think their format is a little too hardcore for those young kids. Telling a 13 or 14 yr. old that they are about to be kicked off the show if they don't sing the next song really great is too much for them to handle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011, 9:07:23 AM PST
Deb says:
Kara, I found this article written in Feb 2011 regarding Brian Dunkelman. He was the co-host of the first season of AI. He has woulda-coulda syndrome.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/brian-dunkleman-admits-leaving-idol-was-a-bad-move-san-francisco-contestant-stefano-moves-judges_article_43565

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011, 9:20:14 AM PST
Deb says:
TF, I am teetering on the brink of not watching X-Factor next season. I was not happy with this show. The only reason that I will probably check it out is to see if they make any improvements to the format. On a 1 - 10 rating scale, without including the talent, I give the X Factor USA about a 3.

Posted on Dec 15, 2011, 10:17:34 PM PST
mr freeze says:
Let's get it on!

Posted on Dec 15, 2011, 11:47:46 PM PST
mr freeze says:
Adam's cd and Madonna's cd coming in March. wonder if they'll come out the same day. the battle for #1 would be on like Donkey Kong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2011, 11:49:52 PM PST
mr freeze says:
A woman really has to bring it to win the show. The young girls are the one's voting for their hearthrobs.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011, 4:10:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2011, 4:11:35 PM PST
Phantastic says:
Sort of spoiler alert (only for who went to Hollywood Week):

The American Idol 11 Top 300

http://www.votefortheworst.com/story/668060/fallenangelgabriel-spoils-the-american-idol-11

I think this guy is there unless it's another guy with the same name. I remember him:

Christopher Edward "Chris" Medina (born November 30, 1983) is an American singer born in Oak Forest, Illinois. Medina is most notable as a former American Idol contestant during the tenth season of Idol and his single, "What Are Words", which went to #1 in Norway and Sweden and spent 19 weeks at number 1 combined. 11 in Norway and 8 in Sweden.

He released a single called "What Are Words" on February 25, 2011, the day after his elimination from American Idol. He made it to the top 40 out of 327 contestants. The song is about his fiancée who suffered a brain injury as the result of a car accident on Oct 2, 2009. The song debuted at #22 on the Heatseekers Songs chart, and then reached #83 on the Billboard Hot 100. It has since sold 61,000 copies. He performed the ballad on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on February 28, 2011 and on Good Morning America on March 4, 2011.

Here's his photo:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Chris_Medina_at_Liseberg.jpg

Posted on Jan 7, 2012, 1:49:27 PM PST
Phantastic says:
The week of January 15th should be really interesting:

January 17 - Adam sings BTIKM on Leno
January 18 - American Idol Season 11 debuts with auditions in Pittsburgh
January 19 - Adam sings BTIKM on Ellen in the afternoon
January 19 - American Idol second day of auditions airs in the evening

Posted on Jan 8, 2012, 10:49:05 AM PST
Phantastic says:
Ryan Seacrest To Be Sacked From 'American Idol'

He's got just one more series on his contract...

With the success of the new panel, with the exception of Randy Jackson, American Idol producers are having a re-think about the line-up and may not renew Ryan Seacrest's contract. The new season that kicks off this month could be Ryan's last despite his presence on the show from day one.

The Hollywood Reporter claims that money is the problem, and 19 CKx which is the parent company of 19 Entertainment - which produces the show - is not willing to stump up Ryan Seacrest's huge salary.

Ryan, 37, gets paid $15 million to host the show and now they've had enough and will not renew his contract after it expires after the season. "There's no way FremantleMedia (who also produce Idol) and CKx will continue to pay Ryan when he can be replaced for $2m to $3m," a source told Mail Online.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/67213/Ryan-Seacrest-To-Be-Sacked-From-American-Idol

(Maybe they should hire Steve Jones - LOL)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012, 11:58:04 AM PST
I honestly think this would be a huge mistake...a lot of what makes AI so successful is Ryan Seacrest and his hosting abilities. He has a wonderful personality, is charismatic and holds the audience in the palm of his hand...they let Seacrest go that will be the beginning of the end of idol

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012, 12:04:33 PM PST
Phantastic says:
I agree that it would be a HUGE mistake to get rid of Ryan. He's been there since day one and fans see him as a vital part of the show. For all of us who watched X-Factor, we know how boring a bad host like Steve Jones can be.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012, 3:21:44 PM PST
Deb says:
This is a no-brainer...BIG mistake. Seacrest might cost the big bucks, but like you said, Polly, the other possibilities are ughhhh. I say keep Seacrest and get rid of either Lopez or Jackson. Tyler can stay...he is amusing.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012, 4:17:57 PM PST
Gini says:
Please move Randy out of AI....he's a nice guy and is very experienced in the producing business but I'm tired of his usual boring remarks after each contestant. He has passed his prime. I like Seacrest.... just keep him under control! One of the times when Adam was there sitting in the audience...he acted so giddy it was embarrassing! I think he really likes Adam....too much! gini

Posted on Jan 9, 2012, 10:38:41 AM PST
Phantastic says:
As of today, Fox and Ryan Seacrest are in negotiations for his contract for next season. Fox issued a statement that they really want to keep Ryan (who knows if that's true) but it all depeneds on how the salary negotiations work out. Apparently, they are offering him less than he wants. They did that to Paula Abdul too, and the first season she was gone, their ratings took a nose dive. I hope they can work something out with Ryan's reps.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012, 11:14:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012, 11:16:56 AM PST
Phantastic says:
From USA Today:

Look for more young faces on 'American Idol' 11.0

Looks like the success of Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina encouraged more teens to try out for American Idol this season.

"We have more kids going through to Hollywood than ever before, because the talent was that good," Idol producer Ken Warwick told an audience at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour Sunday in Los Angeles.

Steven Tyler says being on Idol has brought younger fans to his band, Aerosmith. "We haven't had an album out for a while," yet sales have spiked. "It's all been good."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 125 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  3105
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars (920)