Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on December 14, 2012
I made a big mistake not to listen to other users' reviews and purchased this installation kit thinking "it's only a plastic mounting bracket, how many things can go wrong with it?"... I've got my answer: everything is wrong about this kit:
1. Material: plastic is very brittle and easy to break, seems to be made from recycled plastic.
2. Workmanship: really poor. The parts don't fit well together. Pegs are either larger or smaller than the hole where they're supposed to fit in. Don't try to force their way in because they will break due to poor material quality. To assemble this kit successfully you will need a knife, a file, a pair of snipping pliers, some tapes and super glue. You will need to modify each and every piece of the kit to make them fit together. File off this side a bit, cut off that protruding peg, put some tape to this peg to make it thicker so that it doesn't wiggle in the hole, snip off that corner 1/16" or these won't snap together.... You've got the idea. It's really frustrating. Doesn't matter how carefully you are, some tabs will be broken and you will need to supper glued them back...
3. Instructions/guides: it's a joke. If you follow the guide, I guarantee that you'll end up breaking more tabs than I did. For example, the instructions read: 1) Break the top part off the main mounting bracket. 2) Snap part #xyz to the location where the top part were. 3)... And at the very end of the 10 steps, they mention that if your car is model A, B or C, do not break the top part off... What the heck? Shouldn't the warning be included in step 1 instead?
on December 29, 2013
This kit works for the manufacturer because it covers many cars and many years. I find it weak but functional because all of the tabs on the side of the bracket need to get removed and almost break the whole bracket unless you are exceptionally careful. I spent more time on this bracket than with taking apart dash/wiring harness/install as a whole. It took two of us to figure out which tabs to remove. I think you should get a bracket more specific to your car and with less plastic parts. This is 100% plastic so when you tighten down the side screws they slip unless you make a custom washer like I did. If you use a large washer, it'll prevent it fitting width wise. The radio must be installed sticking out quite a bit or else this bracket will prevent the front plastic cover piece from the stereo snapping into place. No harness included with this, but I knew that when I bought it but it should not be called radio install kit, just bracket kit because that is what it is. The best feature is the bottom screw mount for a 95 honda accord which allows a somewhat snug, final fit. I rested the radio on the existing dash edges that stick out, then tightened the bottom bracket. Special time spent on making side washers to sung the side mounting screws. These slip and slip out of the side slot unless you have plastic washers or custom cut metal washers. The stereo slips in/out of place without washers. This bracket does not allow easy slide in/out after install like some brackets. You will always have to tear the whole dash apart. If I had a choice, I would have spent more and got a higher quality bracket kit more specific to the 95 Honda Accord.
on April 29, 2013
Once you realize the language is a bit backassward the directions are fine. Instead of "Leave these tabs on", the directions say, "Remove every tab BUT these".

Kenwood 665U and Honda CR-V 2001. Went in perfectly and looks great. Unit does not stick out like I've seen on some of the cheaper Metra kits.

Cubby box could have been just a bit wider and there is room on the mold, at least it looks as if there is, to make it a bit wider. BUT it is more than wide enough for iPOD, ext laptop hard drive that is used to play music via the rear USB port of the Kenwood 655U.

Would buy again.
on December 9, 2013
I have used a Number of other universal mounts, mainly from Scosche, and this one does not come close for fit and finish. hat to cut 90 percent of it off according to the instructions. Yes, i did get it installed and im not very happy with the fit and finish in my dashboard (the storage box has a dip in it at the top because it was not molded right and it did not fill the hole 100 percent like i would have wanted). I would buy Scosche over this brand.
on August 23, 2013
I first got the Metra kit for my 2005 Honda Element, but was really disappointed as the radio ends up being recessed in the dash & the buttons hard to reach. As I've had good success with a single DIN kit from American International in the past, I decided to give this one a shot. First off, I have to agree the instructions are very confusing at first glance, but actually make sense if you start at the first page and read every line. There was quite a bit of flash (excess from the injection molding) that had to be trimmed off, but no biggie. For the Honda Element, almost every tab has to be removed from the face plate and the sides, again easily accomplished with a pair of flush cut side cutters. The sides of the kit don't attach really well to the face plate, so I ended up using a few drops of CA (super glue) to hold them in place. First really well in the car and looks MUCH better than the the Metra kit.
on March 20, 2017
You get what you pay for, very very complicated to put together, would not recommend to anyone
on November 24, 2016
Cheap, and flimsy didn't fit my car like advertised.. Buyer beware
on January 7, 2014
Terrible Directions.
Difficult to piece together (more like break apart).
Took much longer than it should have, but it eventually worked.

It's great that you can engineer something as generic as this and have it work for so many different applications, but it's just not worth sitting around for an hour, trying to decrypt instructions that seem to contradict themselves. I would not purchase this again. However, once assembled, I can't deny that it's doing its job.

Purchased for a 2003 Honda CR-V.
on November 8, 2013
Installed in a 2004 CRV, and it fits well. The directions are almost unusable, so take a lot of time and experiment with it BEFORE you start cutting. Took a little extra filing, but the end result is great. It's plastic, but it's still very stable (at least in my car) in the end.
on December 31, 2013
Does not fit my 2001 Honda CRV. I consider myself pretty mechanically inclined; I'm college educated, and I did not understand those directions at all! That kit would not fit, and I finally wound up just using the OEM brackets and drilling holes to make it fit. Very disappointed.