Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 26, 2015
Bought this because I have a fairly small yard, didn't want to deal with trying to find a cheap mower on Craigslist and pay for the maintenance, and any time I mow my toddler wants to help so I figured this would be safer. I've had it a few months and its great. Easy to put together, cuts the grass well.

Cut: Some reviews mentioned it doesn't cut as well as a gas mower. I think you just have to be ok with all the grass not being the same length and there being places that don't cut perfectly. This took some getting used to, but as my yard has grown and filled in, I've started to prefer it. Come spring, the yard will look like the outfield at a baseball stadium.

Weight: I usually mow with one hand, so I can hold a beer with the other. Occasionally, I'll end up having to hold the toddler and mow. i.e. this is lighter and more nimble than a gas mower.

Looks: You're spouse/family/friends/neighbors will laugh at you. Be prepared. But, as you whisper around the yard and it starts looking like a professional job, the cackling will... ya so they'll still laugh at you. I swear its worth it though.

Noise/Safety: Won't cut sticks, throw rocks, get hot, make noise, etc. Essentially all the things that make walking around your yard behind a gas mower unpleasant, this won't do. I have conversations with my wife and daughter in the yard while I mow. The other day, my daughter fell asleep in the Ergo carrier while I mowed the yard. Try that with a gas mower.

I took it down 1/2 star because I think there are better rotary mowers out there that have wider coverage which probably makes mowing quicker. But, that's really being nitpicky. If you've never used a rotary, this is a great starting point and well worth it.
33 comments| 241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
 This is a great little mower! It was easy enough to assemble, the mower is already put together you just have to add the handle. Very easy to push. I only had two issues: 1. Even the tiniest twig can stop this puppy. I had to rake first and even still I found myself having to pick sticks out of the wheel. 2. It is hard to get the perimeter of a building mowed. The wheels stick out a few inches from the mower which left a line of un-mowed grass around the building.
The included video is one-handed, so that is why I had some issues pushing. With two hands it works great!
-----
If you found my review helpful, please click the "Yes" button below! :)
review image
22 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 21, 2016
Holy Manoly. Susan here. Put the thing together in ten minutes (had to find a small spanner to keep hold of the bolt head while I turned the knobs on tight for the handle assembly).

I'm going to add four photos to this review to show you just how long our grass was/is ... and how much little old me got done in 25 minutes.

It's 90°F outside and I had to come on in. Notice I DID wear a hat! Great way for me to drop 10 lbs (one of the reasons I bought the little thing). Great arm exercise and stomach too ... not to mention the legs with all the walking! Will put sunscreen on later on.

Don't worry, I WILL NOT be cutting all 2.34 acres with this! (We have a SCAG mower that needs a repair hence a quick eighty-buck purchase delivered in two days!) I am REALLY pleased with it straight out of the box. I didn't adjust the cutting blade height ... I just pushed it and away I went! I did have to go over some areas twice -- no surprise -- the grass is L-O-N-G so I did a few overlaps too, just like I would with the power SCAG mower in dense areas.

I like the way you can pull it backwards on its rear rollers (keeping the blades off my concrete patio!) so you can move it to store it. Yes, it's light enough to lift and carry but obviously KEEP your HANDS away from the blades. Nuff said.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 18, 2014
 This is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. I grew up using a heavy old-fashioned reel mower, so I thought I knew what to expect. However, as you will see in this video, this newer model is much lighter, easier to maneuver around, and cuts grass like a dream!

This mower was easy to put together, just be sure to pay close attention to the included instructions. I didn't need any tools to assemble mine.

This mower is 14" wide, which isn't much more than one foot wide. If you have a small-medium area to mow, this mower is a great choice! Just keep in mind, that if you have a large lawn, you will have to do more trips across your lawn than you would with a larger gas-powered mower.

I highly recommend that you rake your yard before use. This is a fine mower and it will cut your grass well - but it is not a power mower and it doesn't cut through twigs and branches very well. It will jam up if it catches a twig or branch, which can be annoying if there are lots of twigs or branches in your yard. Unjamming the mower is easy - just rotate the blades backwards gently with your foot. I discovered that this mower won't cut down really tall weeds - it just pushes them over, as it did when I tried to cut a weed down in this video. (I'll just have to dig up or pull out those tall weeds!)

The greatest thing about this mower is that it isn't a gas guzzling, pollution spewing, noise making machine! There's no more gas or oil to purchase, and and all you smell is your freshly cut grass!
0Comment| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2015
This review is for all the people out there who have been wanting to switch from a gas mower over to these manual mowers. Do it. I was told it doesn't cut even, it's harder to use, but none of that is true. I actually prefer the look of my lawn to a powered mower when I use this guy, and I'm done mowing my lawn by the time gas mower has been primed, refueled and started.

The product itself: I don't have any experience with any other mowers to compare, but I'm pleased. It doesn't kill any of the really tall weeds as easily (takes another pass or two). Next time I buy, I'll go for a wider span just to get more grass at once. Yard is perfectly small enough that it doesn't matter. Great, easy product.

It's a great product.
review image
11 comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 27, 2017
Pros: This is easy to put together. Make sure to follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. Make sure to attach the handle to the right spot on the mower. Cuts the grass well, quietly, and without too much work. I can let the kids play outside while I mow the grass because I'm not worried about a rock shooting out of the mower and hitting them. I can also mow in the morning before work without bothering the neibors.

Cons: The only cons are those common to all reel mowers. This is going to be a nightmare to sharpen when the time comes. Can't power through twigs or sticks. Have to stay on top of mowing because it can't handle tall grass. Of course, probably not the best for a large yard.
on November 6, 2017
Never expected to use it as much as I do. I read that Bermuda grass needed to be kept short. Our lawn man was keeping it too high. So the first cutting was tough. But now it's a breeze. I can do it with one hand if I want to. I'm 5', 125 lbs (female) and it's easy for me to use now. I also love that it takes up little space in the garage and it's quieter and less pollution that other mowers. Now I just need to find a grass catcher for it...

I should note that we have a small yard. Still, it only takes me a few minutes to cut the grass. We have 2 areas and I cut them every 3- 5 days... because I can reach into the garage and easily take it out and mow away!
on April 4, 2017
The mower is not for a rugged lawn such as mine. It did not work for me, but if you have nice soft and even lawn akin to something like a golf course, this may be for you!

I had to return it the day after I tried it. :\
on December 22, 2017
Our push mower died the same time my husband landed on crutches for 6 weeks...and our 0.3 acre was all mine to manage :-) We wanted to buy a rider mower, but needed something to hold us over for a few weeks. I bought this since it seemed like something I could managed on my own and I loved it! It cut well and I got great exercise using it. It was a bit much doing the whole yard with this, I probably would have invested in a wider model. But for anyone with a small yard, this is more than sufficient. Best part was my 10 year old son liked using it as well (w/ my supervision), I would never have let him help with the gas push mower. We did end up getting the riding mower later on in the season, but we still use this for trim work and smaller areas the rider can't go. Definitely getting money's worth and will have for a long time. Only con: it does squeak a lot at certain speeds, but not any louder than the gas mower. And gloves are necessary when using to avoid any blisters.
on January 9, 2017
Excellent - very well-made. I got this mower to cut the grass next to the street in front of my house (the strip between the sidewalk and the street). I turned my lawn into flower beds, so this the only area with grass. The blades are super-sharp, and they actually do mow down fairly long grass.