Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
American Lawn Mower 1ST-SP Reel Mower Grass Catcher
|Price:||$20.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fits with 14, 16, and 18-inch width reel mowers
- Acutal width is 19.5-inches
- Durable plastic bottom, polyester rot-resistant fabric, and a heavy-duty wire frame
- Features galvanized steel bottom and adjustable attached hooks
- Reel mower grass catcher prevents grass from being strewn across the lawn
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Here are the instructions and the material you will need. This is what works great for me. Your experience may vary
1. Place catcher close to the Black rod behind the catcher.
2. The grass is thrown to your left, if you standing behind the catcher. So place the catcher to the extreme left of the black rod. The space on the right hand is not a problem.
3. Cut four square patches of small Velcro and attach to 2 pieces to the black rod and 2 pieces to the catcher on either end where the steel rod is exposed. This prevents the catcher from sliding to the right.
4. Use a strip of velcro to attach the catcher securely to the black rod.
5. You are in business. Go cut some grass.
The velcro helps in detaching the catcher from the scotts for easy storage (duct tape works, but is too hard to remove. You can use twistix, but the catcher slides)
This thing needs a serious redesign, start with the attachment clips...
I guess this thing will have to do, as I have yet to locate a better device. But I'm looking.
From what I can tell the old version didn't fit well at all and was a bear to install, needing customization, etc. Well let me tell you that I pulled this out of the box, and without the instructions (which are decent), had it clipped onto my brand new Scotts 2000-20S in about 4 minutes. Looks great and fits like it was made specifically for this mower.
Don't believe the negative hype- it's ooooolllddddddd data.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this to go with my reel mower because I wanted to put the clipping in my compost. I have a postage stamp yard so I don't need a big mower and reel mower works great. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Gloria Bold
Only after receiving this product was it mentioned that it does not fit an 18 inch manual mower. I am very disappointed and hope I can find someone who can use this bag with their... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Dan
I probably should have paid closer attention to the reviews but I thought they had improved the product. Very easy to assemble and takes very few tools. Fits my mower perfectly. Read morePublished 9 days ago by plumbergirlisme
Given as a gift to a new home owner. This American Lawn Mower Grass Catcher was paired with the Great States 415-16 16" push reel mower with T-style handle. Read morePublished 17 days ago by GratefulOne
Easy to assemble and use. We bought it for a small, sloped area and it works perfectly.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This bag allows for three different model types in directions (size or roller wheel location). It works well on my 18 inch GREAT STATES rear roller model. Read morePublished 1 month ago by sbulthui
The instructions on this catch are not easy to understand. I still haven't figured out how to attach this thing onto my mower. Its just collecting dust out in my garage. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I was a little hesitant on buying this grass catcher due to poor reviews. I have a Scott's 16" reel mower, and for some reason they make a grass catcher for the 20", but... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nick