Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 316 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 345 reviews
on March 7, 2014
I've used this shampoo for years and found really great deals on Amazon. My last purchase dated 1/24/14 will definitely be my last purchase. The shampoo has a different formulation than it used to have. Where once great-smelling and clear, it is now opaque, slimy, and stinking of chemicals.

Not being sure if this was a faulty batch, or a fake, I sampled an identical bottle being sold at my local supermarket. I found the same new nasty stuff, although perhaps better smelling. This confirmed that the product change is by the manufacturer.

I can no longer recommend.

UPDATE 3/14/14
I have switched to American Crew Power Cleanser Style Remover Shampoo 33.8 oz and have found it to be close to the original formulation of the Daily Shampoo in its clear color and herbal smell. So far so good.
on September 12, 2015
This is a really good shampoo for men that leaves my hair clean and smelling great. They have changed the formula in the past year which is why many reviewers are claiming the item is counterfeit. It's not counterfeit at all, from the AC website, "With enhanced moisturizing properties, our new and improved Daily Moisturizing Shampoo will provide moisture balance while cleansing and invigorating hair and scalp. "

The shampoo provides a scent that is masculine which is great as there are so many shampoos on the market that leave your hair smelling like a berry, apple, etc. If you're looking for a great shampoo give this a shot.
on April 6, 2014
This shampoo used to have classic printed on the bottle. Back than it smelled better and was clear. Now it is milk white. All my amazon order history shows I been ordering this and not the classic. I NEVER ORDERED THIS ONE BEFORE and I have a few almost empty bottles laying around my shower to prove it. I have been using American Crew and only American Crew for over 11 years now. I think I know this product well enough.

From what I have read American Crew changed their product. What I am upset about is they have tricked many people into buying their new product and trying to pass it off as the old one. I think I will be changing to a different brand soon.
on November 5, 2011
I shampoo every day (I like to keep it clean, and also like to remove any leftover gel from earlier that day or previous day) so my hair does tend to get dry (devoid of natural oils and sweat that builds up if you was less frequently). So a few years back I realized that I should stick with products that are - a) light enough to use everyday, and b) preferably moisturizing.

I started by switching to baby shampoo for daily use, while using a regular or dandruff shampoo every once in a while as needed and that went pretty well for a while.

Then on a whim I ordered the Wen Cleansing Conditioner from an infomercial and liked the product, apart from the fact that it doesn't lather noticeably and hence takes a little getting used to. What I didn't like was the price and the rate at which I kept running out of it. Small bottles were super-expensive and the large ones though more economical were too large to keep in a shower caddy and probably were best suited only for salons (or large bathrooms). Since Wen is thick, pouring from a large to small shampoo bottle isn't easy either.

Then, on my hair stylist's recommendation I tried American Crew Daily Moisturizing Shampoo. I have absolutely loved it ever since. It's light, less thick then most shampoos, lathers just the right amount, hydrates, and is perfect for regular use. The large bottle from Amazon comes with a regular cap and the lightness/viscosity makes it convenient to pour into smaller bottles. The smell is less strong than most regular brands or Wen.

For a guy, I think I have experimented with shampoos quite a bit - regular shampoos, dandruff shampoos, baby shampoo, the new fad of Axe shampoos and expensive novelty products like Wen. Heck, I even had the misfortune of buying one brand (was it Rejoice by P&G?) once that had so much Ammonium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfates that you could smell the ammonia every time you use it yikes!).

Anyways, the buck stops here. I think I will stick with this one for years.
on November 16, 2010
Mmmm. Silky smooth hair.

This was my first foray into "good shampoo", as I've lived a lifetime of Herbal Essences and Suave products (not to say they are terrible). I read a lot about people saying how they love the smell of this shampoo, and I was surprised when it arrived at how subtle the scent is. I don't have the best nose in the world but I could barely notice it. It was good, just extremely subtle (which may be the appeal).

People also say that this soap does not lather (get all foamy) very well. I have noticed that upon first application it does not create a whole lot of foam... but if you wash, rinse and put a bit more on for a second quick scrub, you get great, thick suds. I have no idea what the science is behind that but I always wash my hair twice when using this product and it's done well for me.
on August 19, 2011
This is for you if: you want a salon quality shampoo that gives your hair a healthy and clean feeling, has a subtle minty scent, and leaves your scalp feeling cool and reinvigorated.

The combination of the shampoo and conditioner (American Crew Classic Stimulating Conditioner 15.2-Ounce (Pack of 2)) is amazing. The shampoo cleans your hair without leaving it feeling dried out and damaged. The conditioner give it a nice soft feeling without leaving residue.

The minty smell is quite subtle and not overpowering like some fruity conditioners. It's subtle and just smells fresh and clean.

The menthol in the conditioner not only gives your hair a great smell, it leaves your scalp with a nice gentle tingle. It's quite refreshing, especially on hot summer days. Yes, it cost a bit more than the generic hair products at your grocery store, but it's worth it. You get clean, soft hair with a fresh smell and a nice feel on your scalp.
on April 9, 2014
I have been using American Crew's Daily Moisturizing Shampoo for at least 10 years. When I first opened this bottle, I was surprised by the different smell and texture of what the bottle contained. I went to a local store to see if maybe American Crew changed their formula. They had not, so I have to conclude that this seller replaced the product contents with some other false concoction. I would have asked for a refund and sent the product back, but I just don't have the time to deal with it.
on November 6, 2014
I have to agree that this product isn't nearly as good as it used to be. The updated formula doesn't lather, smell, or clean like the old one. I bought the 1 liter bottle because I was tired of paying $12 for the little 8 Oz bottle in my local grocery store. Now I can't wait to finish this up do I can be done with it.

My local grocery has stopped carrying American Crew products, so I guess it's time to find something else.
on May 4, 2016
I am currently using SP Remove Shampoo ( http://www.amazon.com/WELLA-REMOVE-SHAMPOO-MEN-250ml/dp/B0070B5QEW?ie=UTF8&keywords=sp%20remove%20shampoo&qid=1462360354&ref_=sr_1_2_a_it&sr=8-2 ) which solved all my hair problems.

I tried the Crew Daily Moisturizing Shampoo because I remember having used it a long time ago.

It's not bad... but I will definitely stick to my SP Remove...
on May 30, 2013
Problem with Amazon and cosmetics is that there's a lot of fake ones on here. Be careful buying anything that's not sold by and shipped by Amazon. I just purchased a bottle at a local salon to replace my old one from Amazon (it was not sold by Amazon but by a 3rd party seller) and the difference in scent is night and day.

You might think "no big deal, close enough and I save $20 over SuperCuts" but you should be careful with buying fake cosmetics. Often they use cheap chemicals or unsafe substitutes that could be seriously harmful to your body. At worst they are used to launder money and fund things such as drug cartels, organized crime, etc.

I've had similar experiences with other products on Amazon such as fake brand name earphones.

As far as the American Crew shampoo is concerned, it's a 5 star shampoo as long as you got the real deal.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.