- File Size: 4054 KB
- Print Length: 277 pages
- Publisher: Cato Institute (April 23, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 23, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007W1RTZO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,485,813 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #914 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Public Policy
- #1019 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
- #2112 in Books > Business & Money > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
|Print List Price:||$25.95|
Save $12.96 (50%)
American Nightmare: How Government Undermines the Dream of Homeownership Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Home ownership should be a building block of financial success. Unfortunately for many, it has been turned into a financial wrecking ball that leaves their personal and financial lives shattered and requiring decades of work to repair.
The American Dream is alive and well and can be attained, but beware of those who use that phrase to lead the financially inept and fiscally ignorant down a primrose path to financial devastation for their own gain.
The sad thing is that there is money to be made for all in helping people get affordable, quality housing. But a zero-sum game mentality keeps some people thinking that your gain is their loss, so they set up everything they touch as a win-lose proposition rather than seeking the win-win that helps everyone.
I have bought and sold many houses as an investor and as a home owner. I know how to help people get affordable, quality homes and how to make money doing right by them. Greed is the only reason the American Dream becomes an American Nightmare.
The author is very involved with http://www.cato.org/ and http://americandreamcoalition.org/, those are fun sites to browse too.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Money > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Economic Policy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Public Policy