American Pie Presents: The Book of Love (Unrated)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are several cameos in Book of Love that do add to the fun, and a load of extras that add value as well, but personally I'd have to say that this one veers far more to rental territory than to purchase territory. Tread carefully here. If you aren't a fan of the series, then look elsewhere.
Hopefully the next film in the series delivers something a little better for everyone to enjoy.
The females were a bit of a disappointment, with the exception of Beth Behrs as Heidi and Louisa Lytton as Imogen. I sort of wished the directors had put Lytton as one of the main female cast members as the other 2 were rather bland.
Overall, it is better than some of the other American Pie movies, but I suggest you rent instead of buy.
made about the same as the last 4 of them, funny parts and no famous people, not enough nudity either, but cute movie.
if you like any of the american pie movies starting with number 4, then you will like this one, if not don't bother, but i did like it.....
It is worth watching once, but is not an event movie, not great, just something fairly good to watch when you don't particularly feel invested in the time needed.
The plot of the movie is pretty simple 3 guys (Nathan, Rob, and Lube) are trying to lose their virginity in high school and keep striking out big time kind of like Finch, Kevin, Oz, and Jim in the first pie movie. The main character Rob takes the place of Jim in this movie since he is tying to get with a girl named Heidi and keeps woosing out when trying to pick her up, kind of like Jim does with Nadia in the first pie movie. Except the big difference is Heidi isn't an exchange student, is present through out the entire movie, and isn't really comparable to Nadia in the first pie movie. Then there's Nathan who has a girlfriend who won't go all the way kind of like Kevin does in the first pie movie. Except the difference is Nathan's girl (Dana) is not a virgin and has black hair. Then Lube because he's overweight kind of plays the part of Oz and Finch combined without being involved in any sports. And then Scott Stifler takes the place of Steve Stifler in the movie.
Rob accidentally sets part of the school library on fire when going after Heidi at a school dance and puts the fire out with water. After he puts the fire out with water he finds the book of love/bible in ruins through serving detention cleaning up his mess. Him, Nathan, and Lube try to read the book of love and use it to get laid.Read more ›
* Making of, 8:00 minutes. Director intros with how he dislikes the usual fare so this and all of the others could have been one long documentary of gags, outtakes and fun on the set. This one covers some brief interviews and gags.
* Love Manual, 5:50 minutes. The hot girls from the movie and some of the cameo guys give their take on how to get with ladies.
* Trivia. One of the cast goes around the set and tests people's memory on some good American Pie trivia. Enjoyable.
* Pie-Cons, 6:50 minutes. Interviews with the long list of cameos in this film.
* Deleted scenes, 11:14 minutes. Plenty of extra skin and forgettable dialogue.
* Gag Reel, 4:00 minutes. More outtakes and adlib stuff - hilarious.
* From the Set, 10 clips totaling 19 minutes. Essentially more deleted scenes with lots of extra ladies sans their clothing in funny sequences. Obviously this crew/cast had a good time making the film.
The extended is only a few minutes longer and there really isn't that much of a difference to warrant watching this twice. I would say bookmark the few worthy music scenes on your BD player (love that feature) watch the supplements and skip the rest, but the quality and extras make this a worthy addition to your library if you like the franchise. 3 stars for the positives listed. Enjoy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My most favorite part in this movie is when the grandma died while giving pleasure on James' Biggs character if I were correct.Published 4 months ago by Nathaniel Dizon
Love this movie. Bought the blu-ray to upgrade it from DVD, since it was worth the price. Looks so much sharper, clearer, and cleaner!Published 13 months ago by wew1992