Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 177 reviews
on August 6, 2014
Im glad he recorded it on his 27th birthday! His last year with us :( His poetry can take you for a ride to a place that you didn't know your mind can go to. I found it quite hypnotic, beautiful and haunting. I love to listen to it when I want my mind to drift. When I'm out there on the hiking trails alone and reflective. The music that compliments it by the other surviving Doors was pretty cool as well. I recommend it for any Jim Morrison / Doors fans out there.
on January 21, 2013
I've the vinyl version of this outstanding stuff, but hadn't heard for a great lenght of time owing to this & that with life in general. But it's one of those master peices that was never recognised as so by the commercial world and its sad inhabitants for what was and how it spoke out. Lyrically & musically it's outstanding stuff (well it was the Doors).
Profound was Morrison's mind, drug induced or not, "as was his Hotel". And the people that he often sang about lived to multiply and brought us Bay City Rollers, then Take That and the Britians Got Talent grew. But regardless, life goes on & on as does all good albums; (and this is one of them!)
on April 7, 2016
Get this album if you enjoy Jim Morrison's poetry. A lot of the time in this album he is reciting his poetry while the doors provides background music. There are a few bonus tracks as well that are to die for. I love this album. Great buy for anyone who enjoys the doors and Jim Morrison.
on June 10, 2017
Well crafted and performed album.
on February 5, 2017
His best work, wish they released more of this type of poetry.
on March 27, 2017
0 so cool
on April 15, 2002
I am 33 years old and have listened to American Prayer at least a couple hundred times over the past 15 years. After reading some of the negative reviews, I am once again reminded of what separates the wheat from the chaff, in terms of people. This album is a perfect compilation of music and poetry (for lack of a different label). First off, anyone who is offended by the "vulgarity" of the album wouldn't strike me as someone who would appreciate Jim anyway. Other negative reviews seem to focus on 2-dimensional, establishment, criteria for good "poetry". No, Jim doesn't focus on specific rhyme or syllabic patterns. The focus is on the words and the images they invoke. The shallowness of preoccupation with such trivial elements of poetry is troublesome to me. If you are one of these 2-dimensional folks who has all of life's answers figured out: where we came from, where we're going, etc., you do well to leave this album alone. All of Jim's work(especially on this album) deals with the uncertainty surrounding death/the "loss of god". This underlying theme permeates much of what Jim is about. Also, in Jim's own words, the poetry on this album does exactly what it's suppose to - "It's not suppose to say anything, just tick off the possibilities." I have found my brain ticking off the possibilities for the last 15 years on this one. In short, if you generally wake up in a good mood each morning, this Cd is not for you. If you often find yourself wondering what the heck's going on, you'll appreciate this CD.
on February 28, 2013
I bought this cd because I haven't heard it since I bought the album on it's release. It's great to listen to when I'm driving down the highway and hearing "Riders on the Storm" or the Wasp. Jim's poetry mixed with Ray's hypnotic organ playing and Robbie's mystical riffs and John's rythmic beats sounds so special to me and puts me in a relaxed mood.
on February 13, 2016
I never write reviews and I've had the album for years. But one night as my girlfriend and I were driving this album came up in conversation and I knew I had introduce her to it immediately. I downloaded the MP3 (even though I have the disc at home) and let the words and music do the rest.
on March 14, 2016