Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 411-420 of 13,803 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15,531 reviews
on February 22, 2016
Bought this as a gift for a few family members. Who in the world didn't enjoy this book? I will say that the print seemed really small to me and I think I would have struggled after a while with such small text. I guess that's what happens when you buy the cheap version.
on March 17, 2013
An interesting and absorbing account of US special forces at war in Iraq. Chris's narrative puts you right there at the sharp end with him. No one reading this account can doubt his courage or commitment to his mission or his team-mates, the hallmark of the true warrior.
That said, it is interesting to compare the attitude and belief systems of the "American patriot" to those of his counterparts in the spec-ops communities of other nations engaged in this, and other, modern conflicts.
Readers will no doubt draw their own conclusions on this.
I have no hesitation in recommending this account from a man at the tip of the spear, not hesitating to risk it all for what he believes, a trait becoming much less common in the modern western world,something which may yet come back to bite us.
on March 26, 2013
What I love about this book is that Chris Kyle is brutally honest. Whether one agrees with his point of view or not is a different matter entirely. However, I do have tremendous respect for his (or anyone else's) blunt talk, on the war and being a SEAL. I don't care much to listen/read people who concern themselves with politically correctness because it is not honest - it's like having a muzzle on. As such, Mr. Kyle paints a beautiful mess by sharing his experience(s) and highlights that despite all the training and bravado that comes with earning the right to be called a SEAL -- they are very much mortal.

When I read this book, I can't believe people waste time reading non-fiction thrillers...this book has it all. It may not be as articulate but who cares - it is true history.
on December 18, 2016
God bless this man and his family!!!
on April 15, 2013
Chris Kyle has more confirmed kills than any sniper in the history of the military. Yeah, he writes about some of them. You are going to read about some of the missions he was a part of. But those stories, while detailed, are not what makes this book as powerful as it it. Chris also talked about parts of his life growing up. He talked about how the military affected his marriage. He talked about how it was easy to kill, but at the end, he was starting to feel the stresses of war. His wife added small parts to the story to get the perspective from her end as well. This book was not just about death, and it's a shame that the author met his way too soon.
on March 26, 2015
I loved this book. For me, it offered a very interesting insight into the war that, until now, I really had not thought about or understood. It gave me a better appreciation for what it means to be in the Services to both the men and women and their families. I now have a greater appreciation for what they do and how they, and their families lives, end up being dedicated to our freedom.
on March 6, 2015
I so hate to give this book 3 stars. I am so thankful for the military and everyone in it and this book did a fantastic job of depicting not just Chris's point of view but the family's as well. However, there was nothing really keeping me on the edge of my seat during the book like there was in the movie and there was no fluent plot line. It was a decent book nonetheless and I do recommend it.
on February 25, 2013
Chris does a great job of describing the challenges of serving in the U.S.Military during the War On Terror. He aptly describes the desire to be part of the fight, the difficulty and guilt of priorities between duty, family and self. He shares the difficult decision to give up that which defines a Warrior and leaving the service. As I am currently in at process, it is comforting to know that eventually one's self identity can change in life after the Service. It is tragic that his life was seemingly cut short, but during his time he gave to everyone around him, perhaps not in the way or priority those individuals would always prefer, but in the final accounting, he gave to all of us: Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines, Wounded Veterans and his Family. Thank you, Chris!
MSG M.W. Corkrum, USAR
on January 11, 2015
I wanted to read this book before the film came out. Also I'm a big war stories fan added in to my already intrigued mind.

The book is just macho jargon. The fact that the gist says he sees himself only as a machine to kill “ savages" with almost hollow perspective on why war is actually a need is disappointing.

All in all an ok read if you like to know the distance of his sniper kills.
on April 14, 2015
His honest and candid description of what occurred, how he acted and reacted to the dire circumstances leaves the reader spell bound. I cannot imagine how anyone could objectively criticize this man and ridicule those who have been so moved and touched by his experiences and the impact his service had on him and his family. He saved lives and did so in an honorable way. To say otherwise shows you how some in our hyper partisan society will intentionally corrupt reality to fit within their ideological perspective