Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 6, 2014
I have used this brand for past 10 years and I know how it looks. After I opened this set, I immediately saw the differences. Outside looked almost same, but inside was poorly made. The fabric from several area was broken, the thin layer of fabric only overs the bottom and left 4 sides open. I went to Walmart and bought the same set, it looked much better and it's only $65. I have uploaded some photos for you to compare. I just realized that most of the 5 star reviews the reviewer only has 1 or a few reviews. Maybe they are fake 5 star reviews.
799 people found this helpful
|1313 comments|Report abuse
on January 23, 2017
What I would consider a pretty good value.
As some other reviewers wrote, they look larger in pictures than their actual size.
We recently used them for travel for the first time and they held up well going through baggage claim.
Rollers rolled well on the roller bag.
The collapsible handle functioned properly, but does not seem to be very robust and probably will not last forever.

One other item of note, we chose the purple thinking that not many people traveling would have that color luggage. We were not correct with that line of thinking. Black and purple were the most popular two colors on the carousel.

For the price, if you're in need of new bags, these are a decent way to go. We are happy with them.
21 people found this helpful
on March 23, 2017
The cancer causing material warning is disconcerting and it did have a strong chemical smell when it first arrived. I wish I didn't live in the city and could have aired it out outside.

But, otherwise, the quality seems good and the purple set I ordered is true to the picture. I saw no defects. For around 50 dollars it seems worth it. I'll update this if I notice anything wrong with it early on when traveling.
9 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2016
Ok, so I guess I am giving away my secret here... but just pick another color, will ya?? GREEN LUGGAGE! I love the classic black look for almost all of my clothing and accessories, BUT NOW with this vibrant green color, I find my luggage so quickly when checking bags or going on a cruise... By the way, these bags are PERFECT for a cruise, they all fit into one another like Russian Nesting dolls, so save space in your cabin... and they are the perfect size allowable by the cruise lines for 2 people. I did read some negative reviews that these things fell apart on a few buyers, but this couldn't be further from my experience with this American Tourister product. With the exception of the largest of the 4 bags, all are the carry-on size... and can expand and contract with the extra zippers. Plenty of compartments... EXCELLENT PRICE TOO>
I would definitely recommend to a friend, especially with Amazon Prime Membership - QUICK DELIVERY!
27 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 4, 2016
First, for the money, its a great buy!!!! My first disappointment was the color. If you are expecting a vibrant purple with silver you aren't going to be happy. It arrived more as a darker, duller purple. On the bright side (no pun intended), my wife absolutely loves the color so -----there. The quality is great. All of the stitching appears to be great quality, but of course, the real test will be when we take them on our trip next month. I will say they are smaller than I thought they would be, but again this is 4 different matching bags for 70ish dollars. I plan on purchasing more of these in the future for our children (as moving out of the house gifts - yea!!!!) and I think that its perfect for that. The rollers roll good and again, the quality appears to be up to American Tourister par which is a great product. All of the packages arrived on time and in perfect condition. This is something I would recommend to you.
11 people found this helpful
on April 21, 2017
Have used these for both road travel, and multiple flights since purchased. They are excellent! Good quality, sturdy and hold up well to the abuse luggage gets during air travel, the zipper are smooth and don't snag or stick, pockets are large. I'd buy these again without hesitation. Great product.
7 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2018
Very strong, sturdy material. This is not the first time I have bought these luggage, they last forever! the reason last one I had to throw away because my cat pee on it, seriously I was bummed out because I had used it to travel and was not even gentle with it and took all the abuse, still look brand new except my cat for whatever reason decided to spray on it. I bought the black and the red. I am now careful with it to put it in a safe place. I can tell you with certainty these luggage last a lifetime they do not make stuff like this anymore, so very happy with the purchase, I am even contemplating buying a few more and give them as gifts, what a great idea! who does not need luggage? I think is a perfect gift, hey and if they dont like it is more for me ;-)
2 people found this helpful
on August 29, 2016
Came all 4 pieces. Truly liked it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
10 people found this helpful
on October 27, 2016
I bought these because since I got married, we've been traveling a lot and I was tired of borrowing luggage from everyone in my family. This is a great set of luggage for the price. The large bag is a check-on bag, the two smaller ones are carry-on and the forth and smallest bag is what I use to carry my hygiene items(shaving supplies, deodorant, soap, etc...) and store them in my check-on because it's a really small bag. The picture definitely misrepresents the size of the smallest bag. They have held up very well since I got them, about 6 months ago, the only problem I see is that the zipper in a couple places grabs two teeth when closing. Otherwise, they seem like they're going to last me a few good years. I love that every bag, but the smallest, has wheels.

I've seen single bags with the same quality sell at stores like Ross and Marshalls for the same price as this full set. Absolutely worth the price.
3 people found this helpful
on May 2, 2017
This set comes as described. The pieces are good enough, but I'm not confident that they would survive going through airports or cargo ports without being torn up. The interior has only flimsy plastic to reinforce the fabric. I've seen these easily shattered in other pieces after luggage handlers got ahold of them. If you're going to be the only one handling your luggage (ie it's not going to be thrown around), these should hold up fine. Otherwise, you might want to spring for a pricier set or you'll just be purchasing another during your trip which is even more costly than having the time to shop around.
4 people found this helpful