Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 6, 2014
I have used this brand for past 10 years and I know how it looks. After I opened this set, I immediately saw the differences. Outside looked almost same, but inside was poorly made. The fabric from several area was broken, the thin layer of fabric only overs the bottom and left 4 sides open. I went to Walmart and bought the same set, it looked much better and it's only $65. I have uploaded some photos for you to compare. I just realized that most of the 5 star reviews the reviewer only has 1 or a few reviews. Maybe they are fake 5 star reviews.
1313 comments| 787 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 23, 2017
What I would consider a pretty good value.
As some other reviewers wrote, they look larger in pictures than their actual size.
We recently used them for travel for the first time and they held up well going through baggage claim.
Rollers rolled well on the roller bag.
The collapsible handle functioned properly, but does not seem to be very robust and probably will not last forever.

One other item of note, we chose the purple thinking that not many people traveling would have that color luggage. We were not correct with that line of thinking. Black and purple were the most popular two colors on the carousel.

For the price, if you're in need of new bags, these are a decent way to go. We are happy with them.
on August 6, 2016
I bought this set and the first time I used the smallest bag all-around the zipper loosed out. I am returning. Do not buy this set it is not strong at all.
review image
on March 23, 2017
The cancer causing material warning is disconcerting and it did have a strong chemical smell when it first arrived. I wish I didn't live in the city and could have aired it out outside.

But, otherwise, the quality seems good and the purple set I ordered is true to the picture. I saw no defects. For around 50 dollars it seems worth it. I'll update this if I notice anything wrong with it early on when traveling.
on April 4, 2016
First, for the money, its a great buy!!!! My first disappointment was the color. If you are expecting a vibrant purple with silver you aren't going to be happy. It arrived more as a darker, duller purple. On the bright side (no pun intended), my wife absolutely loves the color so -----there. The quality is great. All of the stitching appears to be great quality, but of course, the real test will be when we take them on our trip next month. I will say they are smaller than I thought they would be, but again this is 4 different matching bags for 70ish dollars. I plan on purchasing more of these in the future for our children (as moving out of the house gifts - yea!!!!) and I think that its perfect for that. The rollers roll good and again, the quality appears to be up to American Tourister par which is a great product. All of the packages arrived on time and in perfect condition. This is something I would recommend to you.
on May 2, 2017
This set comes as described. The pieces are good enough, but I'm not confident that they would survive going through airports or cargo ports without being torn up. The interior has only flimsy plastic to reinforce the fabric. I've seen these easily shattered in other pieces after luggage handlers got ahold of them. If you're going to be the only one handling your luggage (ie it's not going to be thrown around), these should hold up fine. Otherwise, you might want to spring for a pricier set or you'll just be purchasing another during your trip which is even more costly than having the time to shop around.
on May 15, 2016
Ok, so I guess I am giving away my secret here... but just pick another color, will ya?? GREEN LUGGAGE! I love the classic black look for almost all of my clothing and accessories, BUT NOW with this vibrant green color, I find my luggage so quickly when checking bags or going on a cruise... By the way, these bags are PERFECT for a cruise, they all fit into one another like Russian Nesting dolls, so save space in your cabin... and they are the perfect size allowable by the cruise lines for 2 people. I did read some negative reviews that these things fell apart on a few buyers, but this couldn't be further from my experience with this American Tourister product. With the exception of the largest of the 4 bags, all are the carry-on size... and can expand and contract with the extra zippers. Plenty of compartments... EXCELLENT PRICE TOO>
I would definitely recommend to a friend, especially with Amazon Prime Membership - QUICK DELIVERY!
11 comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2015
This saved the day for us. We are traveling to New Zealand and the had the perfect sizes for us or our Bus Tour. Very light weight and well made. Very much worth the money we paid for them. Not sure how long they will last, but I still think they are well worth getting.

I feel I need to add this information to this review as I had a problem getting the right size and weight for each bag in this set...

The Big Bag is about Check-In size 27H-17W-10D 7.6 LBS
The next Bag is Carry-On size 23H-14W-7.5D 5.8 LBS
The Tote Bag is Both 24W - 11H - 12D 3LBS
The small Bag is very nice size... 16.5 W - 11H - 6D believe it or not only 1 LBS

Hope this information helps all thinking about buying this set, I really like it....
on April 21, 2017
Have used these for both road travel, and multiple flights since purchased. They are excellent! Good quality, sturdy and hold up well to the abuse luggage gets during air travel, the zipper are smooth and don't snag or stick, pockets are large. I'd buy these again without hesitation. Great product.
on October 27, 2016
I bought these because since I got married, we've been traveling a lot and I was tired of borrowing luggage from everyone in my family. This is a great set of luggage for the price. The large bag is a check-on bag, the two smaller ones are carry-on and the forth and smallest bag is what I use to carry my hygiene items(shaving supplies, deodorant, soap, etc...) and store them in my check-on because it's a really small bag. The picture definitely misrepresents the size of the smallest bag. They have held up very well since I got them, about 6 months ago, the only problem I see is that the zipper in a couple places grabs two teeth when closing. Otherwise, they seem like they're going to last me a few good years. I love that every bag, but the smallest, has wheels.

I've seen single bags with the same quality sell at stores like Ross and Marshalls for the same price as this full set. Absolutely worth the price.