Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 12, 2016
I never write reviews, but I have to in this case because there are others who don't know what they are talking about with regard to American Touristers product lines. I've read a few reviews that claim they got "stuck with a counterfeit or a cheaper version" of the product that they ordered; nonsense, they just don't know what they are talking about. There are 2 very similar looking product lines, this one the FIELDBROOK (again the product that I'm reviewing now) and the upscale (and costing twice as much) BROOKFIELD line. Both products look very similar but the BROOKFIELD has a more finished look, the inside is lined better and has 4 swivel wheels. The FIELDBROOK (again the product this review is actually for) is half the cost of the BROOKFIELD, is semi lined and has 2 fixed inline wheels. I have to assume they ordered the FIELDBROOK and are confusing it with it's higher priced sibling the BROOKFIELD thus making their reviews somewhat null.

Now for a review of the FIELDBROOK line here we go.

It's cheap luggage, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like swivel wheels; so you can't put the two larger cases back to back and just push along or change direction as quickly. Also, along with having to pull the bags, you will have to deal with the weight of the bags hanging on your arms, but for the vast majority this is of little concern for the amount of time we're pulling this along when compared to the price. The entire thing is made out of polyester and plastics, the inside finish is ok but Spartan. This line is the base product line, it's like a Toyota Yaris, not the Avalon.

I've had a FIELDBROOK set for 10 years and gone everywhere with them. I'm only replacing now as the old ones were fraying\pilling a little on the outside, the wheels are worn down to nubs and the airline broke the handle off the larger case on my last trip. The differences I see between the 10 year old bags and these are the older large bag was 24" vs the new one at 25". The older bags have a reinforcing strap running the entire way around the outside and the new ones don't. Finally the new ones have a better, more sturdy looking foot (2 wheels and a plastic foot to balance on when upright)

I gave it 4 stars because these are good, decent luggage, but they aren't perfect. If your looking for perfect, with all the options then be willing to spend some real money
55 comments| 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
Nice sizes. Beautiful purple and grey. Not too showy. Survived the trip from Mid-Wisconsin to lower Alabama. Like the feature that lets me unzip the larger one to make more room. The over the shoulder bag has loads of room and I was able to transport some Christmas gifts and all of my medications and still have room for toiletries, books to read on the plane and my purse. I recommend this set and especially for the price. After comparing similar pieces, I found individual pieces costing more for each piece than I paid for the whole set.
55 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2017
For the price you can't complain too much. You are getting three pieces of luggage for a good price. I wouldn't consider it a long term investment, but more of a medium term investment. If you travel often this may not be the purchase for you. But if you are like me, it's absolutely a great starter set. Worst thing to mention, my bag began to tear at the seam. My advice to you, utilize the components of the bag, namely, a zipper portion that allows you to expand the bag increasing its volume capacity. That to me adds the extra star that I gave it due to the foresight of the manufacturer to find ways to compensate for cheaper and affordable luggage for someone who travels less than often. I will be traveling much more in the future and I foresee this baggage lasting me another 5 or 6 trips tops...just an approximation, nothing to take to literally. But all that I've mentioned should give you a good idea of the material and content that you are considering for whatever purposes you may have.
on September 30, 2017
This was a surprising purchase. The price was so good, my expectations were low. This is good quality luggage in the three most convenient and usable sizes. The red in the Amazon photo looks very bright, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a darker red.
on December 16, 2015
Mine looked just like they do in the image, however I seem to have gotten the lower quality/rip off version that another reviewer spoke of. First I opened the main compartment of the largest case, the zipper opened smoothly but the positives stop there. The "lining" of the main compartment was just a loosely fitting bit of fabric held on with dots of velcro in each corner that looked to me like the mere movement of clothes would dislodge them - completely defeating the purpose of the lining. The lining fabric itself felt, and sounded more like paper than fabric, this applied to the linings in the main compartment and the two front pockets. When I tested the pull out handle it was wobbly and felt flimsy to the touch. The back panel of the case was thin and looked a bit loose. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the cases after that. I was looking for something a little more long term and as it is, this set is not it for me.

UPDATE: 01/14/2016
I realized that I didn't post any of the pictures I took so I'll be putting them up now.
You can see the fabric puckering on the back in the second picture. The third picture shows how the rough sides are exposed to the clothing. The fourth is the "lining" turned up to show how it was fastened. And the last one shows the seaming next to one of the corners.
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2017
You kind of get what you pay for here. It isn't fancy, and doesn't seem super durable, but it does what it is supposed to. If you travel frequently I would say spend the money and buy something nicer, but for the occasional trip, this set works just fine.
on June 24, 2017
Good luggage but carry on doesn't expand so cannot pack as much as I would have liked
on July 2, 2016
Gorgeous luggage, used it for several trips so far and has lasted through 3 kids and all their junk!
on December 15, 2016
I traveled to Dominican Republic and the bags handled the trip perfectly. Only problem I had was that I probably stuffed to much in the front pockets of the tall suitcase and it kept tipping over. I'm very happy with the quality of the product.
on February 23, 2017
Great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.