Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 12, 2016
I never write reviews, but I have to in this case because there are others who don't know what they are talking about with regard to American Touristers product lines. I've read a few reviews that claim they got "stuck with a counterfeit or a cheaper version" of the product that they ordered; nonsense, they just don't know what they are talking about. There are 2 very similar looking product lines, this one the FIELDBROOK (again the product that I'm reviewing now) and the upscale (and costing twice as much) BROOKFIELD line. Both products look very similar but the BROOKFIELD has a more finished look, the inside is lined better and has 4 swivel wheels. The FIELDBROOK (again the product this review is actually for) is half the cost of the BROOKFIELD, is semi lined and has 2 fixed inline wheels. I have to assume they ordered the FIELDBROOK and are confusing it with it's higher priced sibling the BROOKFIELD thus making their reviews somewhat null.

Now for a review of the FIELDBROOK line here we go.

It's cheap luggage, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like swivel wheels; so you can't put the two larger cases back to back and just push along or change direction as quickly. Also, along with having to pull the bags, you will have to deal with the weight of the bags hanging on your arms, but for the vast majority this is of little concern for the amount of time we're pulling this along when compared to the price. The entire thing is made out of polyester and plastics, the inside finish is ok but Spartan. This line is the base product line, it's like a Toyota Yaris, not the Avalon.

I've had a FIELDBROOK set for 10 years and gone everywhere with them. I'm only replacing now as the old ones were fraying\pilling a little on the outside, the wheels are worn down to nubs and the airline broke the handle off the larger case on my last trip. The differences I see between the 10 year old bags and these are the older large bag was 24" vs the new one at 25". The older bags have a reinforcing strap running the entire way around the outside and the new ones don't. Finally the new ones have a better, more sturdy looking foot (2 wheels and a plastic foot to balance on when upright)

I gave it 4 stars because these are good, decent luggage, but they aren't perfect. If your looking for perfect, with all the options then be willing to spend some real money
55 comments| 424 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
Mine looked just like they do in the image, however I seem to have gotten the lower quality/rip off version that another reviewer spoke of. First I opened the main compartment of the largest case, the zipper opened smoothly but the positives stop there. The "lining" of the main compartment was just a loosely fitting bit of fabric held on with dots of velcro in each corner that looked to me like the mere movement of clothes would dislodge them - completely defeating the purpose of the lining. The lining fabric itself felt, and sounded more like paper than fabric, this applied to the linings in the main compartment and the two front pockets. When I tested the pull out handle it was wobbly and felt flimsy to the touch. The back panel of the case was thin and looked a bit loose. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the cases after that. I was looking for something a little more long term and as it is, this set is not it for me.

UPDATE: 01/14/2016
I realized that I didn't post any of the pictures I took so I'll be putting them up now.
You can see the fabric puckering on the back in the second picture. The third picture shows how the rough sides are exposed to the clothing. The fourth is the "lining" turned up to show how it was fastened. And the last one shows the seaming next to one of the corners.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2016
Big Two Bags are really very light in weight, quality wise it's OK, but the little one is just a good for nothing bag. if you wanna spend $64.99 for two bags,go for it!!! I recommend it for the price and the quality.
on November 2, 2017
Very decent *for the low price*. I knew before ordering that this wasn't great quality, durable luggage, therefore, I'm not disappointed. For travel by car this is perfect...easy to handle and my husband and I both have separate cases. I like that! It's doubtful it could make many trips by air with rough handling.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 24, 2017
Is not that kind of luggage that I was looking for. The materials of this items was cheap looking and it seems like it will break if I will put alot of clothes inside of it. Doesn't have enough support. It keeps falling down.
on September 5, 2017
Great! I went on a trip recently and pact ALOT of stuff I thought the zipper would break and coming back home I had a whole bunch of souvenirs in their, a lot of bulky books too.
on September 9, 2017
Upon receiving the luggage my wife noticed that there was fraying along the seem along the zipper on the larger luggage. I needed this luggage as a replacement for another piece of luggage that had a broken wheel. The luggage made it intact. Just dissapointed with fraying before first use.
on September 2, 2017
They got it to me too late. when I got back from Chicago and looking it over I did like the luggage but it wasn't as good as the stuff I had to buy as a quick replacement due to this not showing up. returned
on November 14, 2016
I have used this luggage several times since I purchased it and it has held up just as well, if not better, than my expensive luggage. I'm very satisfied with the quality and will definitely be purchasing another set for my daughter.
on October 4, 2017
Sturdy and easy to move around during travel. Great price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.