Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 12, 2016
I never write reviews, but I have to in this case because there are others who don't know what they are talking about with regard to American Touristers product lines. I've read a few reviews that claim they got "stuck with a counterfeit or a cheaper version" of the product that they ordered; nonsense, they just don't know what they are talking about. There are 2 very similar looking product lines, this one the FIELDBROOK (again the product that I'm reviewing now) and the upscale (and costing twice as much) BROOKFIELD line. Both products look very similar but the BROOKFIELD has a more finished look, the inside is lined better and has 4 swivel wheels. The FIELDBROOK (again the product this review is actually for) is half the cost of the BROOKFIELD, is semi lined and has 2 fixed inline wheels. I have to assume they ordered the FIELDBROOK and are confusing it with it's higher priced sibling the BROOKFIELD thus making their reviews somewhat null.

Now for a review of the FIELDBROOK line here we go.

It's cheap luggage, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like swivel wheels; so you can't put the two larger cases back to back and just push along or change direction as quickly. Also, along with having to pull the bags, you will have to deal with the weight of the bags hanging on your arms, but for the vast majority this is of little concern for the amount of time we're pulling this along when compared to the price. The entire thing is made out of polyester and plastics, the inside finish is ok but Spartan. This line is the base product line, it's like a Toyota Yaris, not the Avalon.

I've had a FIELDBROOK set for 10 years and gone everywhere with them. I'm only replacing now as the old ones were fraying\pilling a little on the outside, the wheels are worn down to nubs and the airline broke the handle off the larger case on my last trip. The differences I see between the 10 year old bags and these are the older large bag was 24" vs the new one at 25". The older bags have a reinforcing strap running the entire way around the outside and the new ones don't. Finally the new ones have a better, more sturdy looking foot (2 wheels and a plastic foot to balance on when upright)

I gave it 4 stars because these are good, decent luggage, but they aren't perfect. If your looking for perfect, with all the options then be willing to spend some real money
55 comments| 590 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I looked at a lot of different luggage sets before deciding on this one. I was afraid that the quality might not be as good as others that cost more, but I was very well pleased with it. Both uprights are large enough but not too large and the small shoulder bag is actually large enough to put a weekend of clothing into. The material is heavy and it rolls very well.
on September 8, 2016
This set was more then sufficient to get my wife to Canada for a 10 day vacation. No issues fitting into the new size requirements for the airlines. All our old luggage was one to two inches over the new sizing. Very cost effective also.
on January 12, 2017
Considering that this is a full set of luggage for around $60, I thought it was a steal. The largest bag was a little smaller than I was expecting, but still large enough to hold my stuff. I haven't used them enough to see how well they hold up, but they seem sturdy so far
on December 5, 2016
Either of the 2 luggages holds enough for a good amount of clothes and some extra things. Like things you get on the trip. Very light weight and perfect bargain for you money. The carry on bag is a nice size two fitting a days worth of clothes maybe two and extra things like chargers and wallet.
on April 19, 2018
By giving this two stars, I do not mean that it is worse than similarly priced offerings. But the brand, American Tourister, used to imply ruggedness. Compared to my older "Kirkland" roller, which may have cost me $40,

1. The wheels on the Kirkland are 3" diameter. This set used 2-1/4" wheels.The bearings seem acceptable.
2. The Kirkland is made of Dupont Cordura nylon. This set is made of no-name China fabric.
3. The handles of the Kirkland are attached by metal swivels to attachments made of hard plastic. The handles of this set are attached by fabric to soft plastic reinforcements.
4. The Kirkland hardware has Philips head screws, faciliating repair. The hardware of this set is riveted.
5. The Kirkland has substantial hard frame reinforcement at the corners. This set has insubstantial plastic reinforcement.
6. The extension handle of the Kirkland has more metal.

All this is apparent in the weight of the bags. The bags of the "American Tourister" set are featherweight by comparison. So this bag set is two steps down from premium luggage; the "Kirkland" is one step down. What makes it acceptable is that it's disposable.

I did not give this set the ultimate test, that of airline baggage handling. I used the two rollers to ferry art supplies between Penn Station NY at 32nd & 7th, and the School of Visual Arts, on 21st. The bags were heavily loaded. By careful handling, using the handicapped access ramps, avoiding potholes, each bag completed one round trip. A season of this, and something would break. On pavement, the small wheels erode quickly.

But you might consider the set because of the throw-away price. If flying, consider use for soft clothes only. If the inadequate structure of the bags is mashed, clothing tends to survive.
on December 28, 2013
Nice sizes. Beautiful purple and grey. Not too showy. Survived the trip from Mid-Wisconsin to lower Alabama. Like the feature that lets me unzip the larger one to make more room. The over the shoulder bag has loads of room and I was able to transport some Christmas gifts and all of my medications and still have room for toiletries, books to read on the plane and my purse. I recommend this set and especially for the price. After comparing similar pieces, I found individual pieces costing more for each piece than I paid for the whole set.
55 comments| 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 30, 2017
This was a surprising purchase. The price was so good, my expectations were low. This is good quality luggage in the three most convenient and usable sizes. The red in the Amazon photo looks very bright, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a darker red.
on March 8, 2017
What a great buy, and I thought nice set even though I have some already. Purchased these for the one friend who needs to always borrow a suit case and not give up my nice luggage. WOW!! Friend moving to Orlando today 3/8/17 "can I borrow your luggage? " No, but you can have these. Less than $54.00 for the 3 piece, a blood deal
on September 29, 2017
For the price you can't complain too much. You are getting three pieces of luggage for a good price. I wouldn't consider it a long term investment, but more of a medium term investment. If you travel often this may not be the purchase for you. But if you are like me, it's absolutely a great starter set. Worst thing to mention, my bag began to tear at the seam. My advice to you, utilize the components of the bag, namely, a zipper portion that allows you to expand the bag increasing its volume capacity. That to me adds the extra star that I gave it due to the foresight of the manufacturer to find ways to compensate for cheaper and affordable luggage for someone who travels less than often. I will be traveling much more in the future and I foresee this baggage lasting me another 5 or 6 trips tops...just an approximation, nothing to take to literally. But all that I've mentioned should give you a good idea of the material and content that you are considering for whatever purposes you may have.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.