Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 798 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 829 reviews
on August 12, 2016
I never write reviews, but I have to in this case because there are others who don't know what they are talking about with regard to American Touristers product lines. I've read a few reviews that claim they got "stuck with a counterfeit or a cheaper version" of the product that they ordered; nonsense, they just don't know what they are talking about. There are 2 very similar looking product lines, this one the FIELDBROOK (again the product that I'm reviewing now) and the upscale (and costing twice as much) BROOKFIELD line. Both products look very similar but the BROOKFIELD has a more finished look, the inside is lined better and has 4 swivel wheels. The FIELDBROOK (again the product this review is actually for) is half the cost of the BROOKFIELD, is semi lined and has 2 fixed inline wheels. I have to assume they ordered the FIELDBROOK and are confusing it with it's higher priced sibling the BROOKFIELD thus making their reviews somewhat null.

Now for a review of the FIELDBROOK line here we go.

It's cheap luggage, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like swivel wheels; so you can't put the two larger cases back to back and just push along or change direction as quickly. Also, along with having to pull the bags, you will have to deal with the weight of the bags hanging on your arms, but for the vast majority this is of little concern for the amount of time we're pulling this along when compared to the price. The entire thing is made out of polyester and plastics, the inside finish is ok but Spartan. This line is the base product line, it's like a Toyota Yaris, not the Avalon.

I've had a FIELDBROOK set for 10 years and gone everywhere with them. I'm only replacing now as the old ones were fraying\pilling a little on the outside, the wheels are worn down to nubs and the airline broke the handle off the larger case on my last trip. The differences I see between the 10 year old bags and these are the older large bag was 24" vs the new one at 25". The older bags have a reinforcing strap running the entire way around the outside and the new ones don't. Finally the new ones have a better, more sturdy looking foot (2 wheels and a plastic foot to balance on when upright)

I gave it 4 stars because these are good, decent luggage, but they aren't perfect. If your looking for perfect, with all the options then be willing to spend some real money
44 comments| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
Mine looked just like they do in the image, however I seem to have gotten the lower quality/rip off version that another reviewer spoke of. First I opened the main compartment of the largest case, the zipper opened smoothly but the positives stop there. The "lining" of the main compartment was just a loosely fitting bit of fabric held on with dots of velcro in each corner that looked to me like the mere movement of clothes would dislodge them - completely defeating the purpose of the lining. The lining fabric itself felt, and sounded more like paper than fabric, this applied to the linings in the main compartment and the two front pockets. When I tested the pull out handle it was wobbly and felt flimsy to the touch. The back panel of the case was thin and looked a bit loose. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the cases after that. I was looking for something a little more long term and as it is, this set is not it for me.

UPDATE: 01/14/2016
I realized that I didn't post any of the pictures I took so I'll be putting them up now.
You can see the fabric puckering on the back in the second picture. The third picture shows how the rough sides are exposed to the clothing. The fourth is the "lining" turned up to show how it was fastened. And the last one shows the seaming next to one of the corners.
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
Nice sizes. Beautiful purple and grey. Not too showy. Survived the trip from Mid-Wisconsin to lower Alabama. Like the feature that lets me unzip the larger one to make more room. The over the shoulder bag has loads of room and I was able to transport some Christmas gifts and all of my medications and still have room for toiletries, books to read on the plane and my purse. I recommend this set and especially for the price. After comparing similar pieces, I found individual pieces costing more for each piece than I paid for the whole set.
55 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2016
This set was more then sufficient to get my wife to Canada for a 10 day vacation. No issues fitting into the new size requirements for the airlines. All our old luggage was one to two inches over the new sizing. Very cost effective also.
on January 11, 2017
I looked at a lot of different luggage sets before deciding on this one. I was afraid that the quality might not be as good as others that cost more, but I was very well pleased with it. Both uprights are large enough but not too large and the small shoulder bag is actually large enough to put a weekend of clothing into. The material is heavy and it rolls very well.
on December 5, 2016
Either of the 2 luggages holds enough for a good amount of clothes and some extra things. Like things you get on the trip. Very light weight and perfect bargain for you money. The carry on bag is a nice size two fitting a days worth of clothes maybe two and extra things like chargers and wallet.
on March 23, 2017
Great price, nothing broke while my two young boys were running around pulling them. I'd buy it again.
on March 8, 2017
What a great buy, and I thought nice set even though I have some already. Purchased these for the one friend who needs to always borrow a suit case and not give up my nice luggage. WOW!! Friend moving to Orlando today 3/8/17 "can I borrow your luggage? " No, but you can have these. Less than $54.00 for the 3 piece, a blood deal
on October 8, 2016
This set is exactly what I wanted! The large bag can be used for enough clothes and shoes for a week's stay, the small bag is a good carry-on size for extra shoes, shampoo/conditioner, straightener, curling iron, and those types of things and the shoulder bag is great for any souvenirs you pick up on your trip. They came bigger than I expected them to and worked perfectly for my trip! The quality is good as well. I have used for 3 trips including air travel to and from so far and there is no damage to the stitching or interiors.
on April 8, 2017
Not the most features, but certainly good enough to last many years. I just didn't think the super-swivel wheels were worth the cost. This is for a teen who is going to Japan but probably won't be using luggage much anyway. Appreciate a not-black color, hopefully easier to find on the carousel.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.