Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 12, 2016
I never write reviews, but I have to in this case because there are others who don't know what they are talking about with regard to American Touristers product lines. I've read a few reviews that claim they got "stuck with a counterfeit or a cheaper version" of the product that they ordered; nonsense, they just don't know what they are talking about. There are 2 very similar looking product lines, this one the FIELDBROOK (again the product that I'm reviewing now) and the upscale (and costing twice as much) BROOKFIELD line. Both products look very similar but the BROOKFIELD has a more finished look, the inside is lined better and has 4 swivel wheels. The FIELDBROOK (again the product this review is actually for) is half the cost of the BROOKFIELD, is semi lined and has 2 fixed inline wheels. I have to assume they ordered the FIELDBROOK and are confusing it with it's higher priced sibling the BROOKFIELD thus making their reviews somewhat null.

Now for a review of the FIELDBROOK line here we go.

It's cheap luggage, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like swivel wheels; so you can't put the two larger cases back to back and just push along or change direction as quickly. Also, along with having to pull the bags, you will have to deal with the weight of the bags hanging on your arms, but for the vast majority this is of little concern for the amount of time we're pulling this along when compared to the price. The entire thing is made out of polyester and plastics, the inside finish is ok but Spartan. This line is the base product line, it's like a Toyota Yaris, not the Avalon.

I've had a FIELDBROOK set for 10 years and gone everywhere with them. I'm only replacing now as the old ones were fraying\pilling a little on the outside, the wheels are worn down to nubs and the airline broke the handle off the larger case on my last trip. The differences I see between the 10 year old bags and these are the older large bag was 24" vs the new one at 25". The older bags have a reinforcing strap running the entire way around the outside and the new ones don't. Finally the new ones have a better, more sturdy looking foot (2 wheels and a plastic foot to balance on when upright)

I gave it 4 stars because these are good, decent luggage, but they aren't perfect. If your looking for perfect, with all the options then be willing to spend some real money
55 comments| 560 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2016
This set was more then sufficient to get my wife to Canada for a 10 day vacation. No issues fitting into the new size requirements for the airlines. All our old luggage was one to two inches over the new sizing. Very cost effective also.
on January 12, 2017
Considering that this is a full set of luggage for around $60, I thought it was a steal. The largest bag was a little smaller than I was expecting, but still large enough to hold my stuff. I haven't used them enough to see how well they hold up, but they seem sturdy so far
I looked at a lot of different luggage sets before deciding on this one. I was afraid that the quality might not be as good as others that cost more, but I was very well pleased with it. Both uprights are large enough but not too large and the small shoulder bag is actually large enough to put a weekend of clothing into. The material is heavy and it rolls very well.
on August 7, 2017
I bought this set to take on a 3 week trip to South America. Not even a week into the trip, the handle bent so much that it will no longer retract into the suitcase, and one of the zippers split off the track. When I came back from my trip, the return window had closed, so now I'm stuck with broken poorly made luggage. Save your money and invest in a better quality product.
review imagereview image
on December 5, 2016
Either of the 2 luggages holds enough for a good amount of clothes and some extra things. Like things you get on the trip. Very light weight and perfect bargain for you money. The carry on bag is a nice size two fitting a days worth of clothes maybe two and extra things like chargers and wallet.
on January 6, 2018
I purchased these earlier this year and they have been on several trips, the only wear is on the wheels which is expected. I typically only purchase higher end bags, but for luggage I honestly don't care I would rather not draw attention to myself while traveling. I have seen a lot of negative reviews about these being cheap, well they are cheap. They cost under $100 that is extremely cheap for 1 bag you are getting 3 sturdy bags for this price, I don't even own a wallet that costs under than $400.00. All I am saying is don't knock these and be upset because you didn't receive Louis Vuitton quality, you didn't pay for it. These have lasted me through several cruises, business trips and vacations. I HIGHLY recommend these if you are not worried about a high end label. They do the job, protect my clothing and I am not worried about them becoming damaged. I am actually purchasing a second set for my husband because our next vacation is going to last a bit longer than usual.
on May 23, 2017
I just received this today and must review it because it is just so poorly made. I'm wondering how many trips I will actually be able to make with it. There are several areas where it is poorly constructed. There are kinks in the zipper and loose threads all over the place. There is even an area where the suitcase fabric looks skewed period again I just bought this and received it today. This is how it looks straight out of the box. I'm definitely not happy with this purchase.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on September 30, 2017
This was a surprising purchase. The price was so good, my expectations were low. This is good quality luggage in the three most convenient and usable sizes. The red in the Amazon photo looks very bright, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a darker red.
on December 16, 2015
Mine looked just like they do in the image, however I seem to have gotten the lower quality/rip off version that another reviewer spoke of. First I opened the main compartment of the largest case, the zipper opened smoothly but the positives stop there. The "lining" of the main compartment was just a loosely fitting bit of fabric held on with dots of velcro in each corner that looked to me like the mere movement of clothes would dislodge them - completely defeating the purpose of the lining. The lining fabric itself felt, and sounded more like paper than fabric, this applied to the linings in the main compartment and the two front pockets. When I tested the pull out handle it was wobbly and felt flimsy to the touch. The back panel of the case was thin and looked a bit loose. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the cases after that. I was looking for something a little more long term and as it is, this set is not it for me.

UPDATE: 01/14/2016
I realized that I didn't post any of the pictures I took so I'll be putting them up now.
You can see the fabric puckering on the back in the second picture. The third picture shows how the rough sides are exposed to the clothing. The fourth is the "lining" turned up to show how it was fastened. And the last one shows the seaming next to one of the corners.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 279 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.