Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on August 12, 2016
I never write reviews, but I have to in this case because there are others who don't know what they are talking about with regard to American Touristers product lines. I've read a few reviews that claim they got "stuck with a counterfeit or a cheaper version" of the product that they ordered; nonsense, they just don't know what they are talking about. There are 2 very similar looking product lines, this one the FIELDBROOK (again the product that I'm reviewing now) and the upscale (and costing twice as much) BROOKFIELD line. Both products look very similar but the BROOKFIELD has a more finished look, the inside is lined better and has 4 swivel wheels. The FIELDBROOK (again the product this review is actually for) is half the cost of the BROOKFIELD, is semi lined and has 2 fixed inline wheels. I have to assume they ordered the FIELDBROOK and are confusing it with it's higher priced sibling the BROOKFIELD thus making their reviews somewhat null.

Now for a review of the FIELDBROOK line here we go.

It's cheap luggage, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like swivel wheels; so you can't put the two larger cases back to back and just push along or change direction as quickly. Also, along with having to pull the bags, you will have to deal with the weight of the bags hanging on your arms, but for the vast majority this is of little concern for the amount of time we're pulling this along when compared to the price. The entire thing is made out of polyester and plastics, the inside finish is ok but Spartan. This line is the base product line, it's like a Toyota Yaris, not the Avalon.

I've had a FIELDBROOK set for 10 years and gone everywhere with them. I'm only replacing now as the old ones were fraying\pilling a little on the outside, the wheels are worn down to nubs and the airline broke the handle off the larger case on my last trip. The differences I see between the 10 year old bags and these are the older large bag was 24" vs the new one at 25". The older bags have a reinforcing strap running the entire way around the outside and the new ones don't. Finally the new ones have a better, more sturdy looking foot (2 wheels and a plastic foot to balance on when upright)

I gave it 4 stars because these are good, decent luggage, but they aren't perfect. If your looking for perfect, with all the options then be willing to spend some real money
55 comments| 520 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2017
Purchased no more than 6mo ago and was a gift for my mom. we took a cruise and this was her 2nd time using the set....The entire side fabric is ripped and was not over packed! Ridiculous how these products dont even last 1 year!!!!!
review imagereview imagereview image
on December 16, 2015
Mine looked just like they do in the image, however I seem to have gotten the lower quality/rip off version that another reviewer spoke of. First I opened the main compartment of the largest case, the zipper opened smoothly but the positives stop there. The "lining" of the main compartment was just a loosely fitting bit of fabric held on with dots of velcro in each corner that looked to me like the mere movement of clothes would dislodge them - completely defeating the purpose of the lining. The lining fabric itself felt, and sounded more like paper than fabric, this applied to the linings in the main compartment and the two front pockets. When I tested the pull out handle it was wobbly and felt flimsy to the touch. The back panel of the case was thin and looked a bit loose. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the cases after that. I was looking for something a little more long term and as it is, this set is not it for me.

UPDATE: 01/14/2016
I realized that I didn't post any of the pictures I took so I'll be putting them up now.
You can see the fabric puckering on the back in the second picture. The third picture shows how the rough sides are exposed to the clothing. The fourth is the "lining" turned up to show how it was fastened. And the last one shows the seaming next to one of the corners.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2017
It has enough room to pack several items into the luggage. Also, it is not too heavy or unmanageable. The shoulder bag has an extra side strap on the back of the bag and you can insert it thru the handle of either of the suitcases. It fits perfectly on top of the suitcases. That way you don't have to carry over the shoulder. I liked the extra pockets on the outside and inside as well. Lovely color and easily detectable among other travel suitcases that gravitate towards navy or black that seem to be popular among travelers. Makes it real easy to identify your suitcases when picking it up at the airport. Overall had a wonderful experience and for the money you pay I think it is worth it.
on May 20, 2017
Luggage was used there were a pair of old shoes it one of my bags and one compartment lining was ripped open
review image
on March 23, 2017
Great price, nothing broke while my two young boys were running around pulling them. I'd buy it again.
on September 6, 2016
I had this shipped to my daughter in Illinois, and she came out to see us 3 weeks later, unfortunately for me, when I realized one of the suitcases was not with it, so we only received 2 of the bags and one of them was torn. I was able to sew it, yet very upset that I only received 2/3 bags.
on March 23, 2017
It is what I expected and I am satisfied.
on February 7, 2018
These are your average luggage suit cases. They were bought as a Christmas gift and we took our vacation a few days later. No complaints! No tears or scuffs during travel. I had cookies in my suitcase so I KNOW our suitcases definitely got thrown around. But it didn't cause any damages to the suit cases as another comment stated.
on October 29, 2017
Have used them one time so far and am quite happy with the purchase. We have another brand set that is slightly larger. The American Tourister middle size is the same as the other brand small bag. Both these are considered carry on size. I actually like the American Tourister set better. They are slightly smaller but I had no problem getting my stuff for a week long trip in them. In addition, they are much easier to handle.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.