Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 227 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on July 31, 2012
I travel pretty regularly (at least 4 times a year), and after my standard two-wheeled suitcase gave out I looked for something with more features. I do like the 4-wheeled design, it makes walking through the airport with a heavy bag so much more comfortable! I've heard of other spinner cases tipping when full, and I was glad to see that not happening with this bag. The handles on top, side and bottom were very handy for getting it into the overhead compartment of the airplane. I was surprised how versatile the inside design was - there's a mesh pocket and larger plastic pocket on the inside that combined can hold all my toiletries and makeup, and keep them away from my clothes. There's also shoe pockets on the inside to keep dirty soles away from clothes. The wheels were well designed and I had little problem going over small bumps and such with all four wheels. I don't recommend doing that on sidewalks or cobblestones however, but this functions pretty good as a pull-along so that's fine. The only gotcha was the telescoping handle - it isn't as seamless to manage as several others I've had over the years. If that worked flawlessly this would get five stars. Would definitely recommend.
11 comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
This bag is mostly very successful, but I was still a little disappointed in a couple things.
cons:
- The "seaport blue" color does not match what is seen on-site. I've ordered a lot of products online, and can expect some small variation, but this bag is much darker than the photo appears here. It's not a bright teal, but a less saturated medium blue/dark teal. The more conservative color may appeal to more people, but I was hoping for the bolder color. It is definitely not navy or standard royal blue however, so it was still unique and easy to ID at baggage claim.
-The bag wavered when it was full and I tried pushing it along. It didn't stay in a straight line all the time and I had to expend some effort to keep it on track. This is my first spinner bag however, so it may just be something common I didn't know to expect. It was hard to move on carpet, and I resorted to pulling it behind like a regular upright.
-As some other reviewers noted the handle does feel flimsy - but I didn't have a problem with it or it's function, and I'm grateful for the lightweight nature of the suitcase overall.

Pros:
Overall I really enjoyed the suitcase - there were a lot of nice little surprises.
- The handle design is really sturdy and nicely constructed (and they don't stick out) to make it easy to put in overhead compartments on planes.
- Inside it was great to have a solid plastic pocket included along with a mesh one - very easy to keep a damp swimsuit or muddy shoes separated.
- It's so nice the front pocket unzips all the way down the sides rather than just across, I keep my carry-on liquids in there and it was so quick to pull them out at the airport.
- A small detail, but the zipper pull to expand the bag is a circle shape to differentiate it from the normal zippers for opening it. My last carry-on had standard zipper shapes all around, and I often mixed up which would open the bag. Not any more!
- On cement/tile floors it moved really well, I was able to change direction without a hitch, and even when full I didn't have any balance/tipping issues
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
With the airlines being more strict about the size of carry on luggage (1+1: one carry-on maximum size 14x9x22 inches and one personal item maximum 9x10x17 inches which INCLUDES a purse), I bought this luggage to make the most of the current horrible flying conditions.

This luggage is very sturdy and the wheels make it easy to steer. I especially like the three fabric built-in handles on three sides to make it easy to retrieve from the overhead compartment. The retractable handle is not a problem for me since I am tall and need the full length extended, but I also don't see a problem with the shorter length handle, you just have to pull it all the way out first, then lock it down into the shorter position. There are lots of pockets inside: two large mesh pockets at the inside corners, and 2 large zippered pockets on the inside door. The top pocket is mesh and the bottom is plastic to keep wet clothes or dirty shoes separate from your clothes. Very nicely designed. I am happy with my purchase. TIP: Packing cubes (eBags) are the BEST way to keep everything organized and neat. This luggage holds every variety of sizes of packing cubes. I was able to pack an entire week worth of clothes for an out-of-town business trip. Make sure to keep trial size liquids and toothpaste in a quart baggie to get through security. Here are the TSA rules: 3-1-1 for carry-ons: 3.4 oz (100mL bottles or less by volume) in 1 quart-sized clear, plastic, zip-top bag, with 1 bag per passenger placed in the screening bin.
on September 25, 2016
The bag is very nice and built like all AT bags - SOLID. There is plenty of room inside to pack for a 4 day business trip. I used some eBag Packing Cubes and was able to get four slacks, four dress shirts, two blazers, under clothes, socks, and a toiletry bag easily inside. That left plenty of room for my laptop and iPad. When I tried packing a pair of running shoes for the trip, it became tight, but they did fit with a little bulging at the front. All in all a really great bag that will get a ton of use from me without causing me to pay the airline's checked baggage fee.
on November 27, 2014
The suitcase can fit a ton of stuff, but there is one major shortcoming: the wheels are of extremely poor quality. I took the suitcase on 10 flights, with about 40 minutes of combined walking time in airports, and one of the wheel is completely busted.

I attached a photo of a work wheel: the axle is riveted to a very thin piece of plastic. It gives very easily and after that, there is no way of fixing it. After that happens, the suitcase becomes a really nice looking bag that you drag around the airport. I have also attached a picture of the busted wheel.

Very disappointed by this purchase. :(
on April 21, 2016
This is exactly what I was looking for in a suitcase to replace one that just had too many miles and wear-n-tear on it. I am VERY satisfied.
on July 24, 2013
I purchased this case 5 months ago. After using it 4 times, one of the rear wheels malfunctioned, making it useless. My daughter had to drag it to get it home. It supposedly has a 10 year warranty. I contacted customer service and they said that since there are no repair centers in my area, I would have to send the suitcase to them, at my expense, and IF they determined that there was a manufacturer defect, they would repair and return it to me. Otherwise, I would be responsible for the cost of repair and return postage. How could this possibly NOT be a defect? I asked if they could just send me the wheel assembly replacement part, and they said no because they had none in stock (I wonder how THEY were going to fix it without the part?). I emailed customer service and told them this was not acceptable - I would not pay to have a defective item repaired, and I again requested that they send me the part so I could repair it myself. That was a week ago and I am still waiting for a response. Even before the wheel broke, we were not satisfied with the case because, when anything was put in the outside pockets, the case would tip over, and it was extremely hard to maneuver. American Tourister and Samsonite are one and the same. I will never purchase another one of their products again. I have written this off as a complete waste of $90 and lesson learned. I purchased a Delsey case for my daughter instead and it is holding up just fine.
UPDATE August 2013: I ended up paying the postage to send this bag for warranty repair. They told me they could replace the wheel with a black one since they did not have any blue ones, so that is what they did, and sent it back to me. The bag looks silly with the one black wheel, but at least its functional again.
on April 23, 2017
Taken this around the world, I like it.
on September 15, 2013
Great piece of luggage. Plenty of storage for a carry-on. Front zip pockets very handy to carry
needed pieces of ID and boarding tickets, etc. Good construction.
Delivered when promised and in excellent condition.
on August 30, 2012
This is a great carry-on bag for me. I love the color and it's pretty open inside (not too many inside compartments which is good for me). I've travelled a lot with this and taken it over cobblestone streets and the wheels are still intact and working like new. Impressive! It's fairly light and fits perfectly into all overhead bins that I've tried to put it in. The handle on the bottom is great also for putting the piece in trunks and overhead bins. The sliding handle isn't great; it has two locking lengths and it's hard to use the shorter one, you need to do a lot of finicking to get it right or else it pulls right out or slides back in but otherwise a great piece of luggage!
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.