Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,187 reviews
on January 1, 2013
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if any significant weight is applied to it. For the price, this is something to be expected, but it should at least be a consideration if you plan on packing anything fragile in the suitcase.

In terms of storage, there are three various sized exterior pockets that would be suitable for documents and small, relatively flat items you may want to access. Only one of these pockets can be locked. On the inside, there is a single full size mesh pocket on the top flap of each bag. Each suitcase comes with two elastic straps that will require you to rummage around in your packed suitcase to put them together.

The wheels held up well and no visible damage was seen from any trip. After being on six different plane flights, the wheels all roll as smoothly as they did when new. In fact, they are so smooth that our one year old can easily push a loaded suitcase along a smooth floor with minimal effort.

For size, they are capable (and come shipped this way) of being loaded one inside the other for easier storage. The two larger ones will not fit in any overhead bin I am familiar with. Speaking of, the smallest only came in the cabin for the final leg and was rather tricky to place in a bin. While it technically fits (by the smallest of margins in a 777 overhead bin), the wheels create some interesting problems. If the bin is the curved type found in some newer planes, the bag will actually roll forward with ease when placed lengthwise in a bin, unless there is another bag directly next to it to hold it in place. Inserting it in backwards (with the wheels facing you) will prevent this, but then makes it hard to remove as there is no bottom handle on any of these.

For weight, they weigh almost nothing, which is a good/bad thing. It takes up less of your weight allowance, and makes it easier for some to manage it. However, this partly comes from a lack of structural support throughout the entire suitcase.

Finally, on to looks. Personally, I can care less how it looks, so long as I can easily spot it on a conveyor belt. After picking these up four times, I found that I had no issue picking out the light blue ones from the sea of black and brown bags out there. However, there were two legs where rain got on them, which caused a lot of discoloration. Additionally, all that dirt and grime lurking in the cargo hold will find your suitcase and smother it with a variety of ugly spots. If looks matter, I would avoid this color.

Overall, they were easy to lift and move, and provided adequate protection to mostly clothing and books. The elastic straps were irritating to use as it requires you to hunt for them at the bottom of your stuff to hook up. Also, it would be nice to see a bottom strap because it makes lifting the suitcase up onto a luggage holder a much more enjoyable experience on your back.
1717 comments| 873 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
First trip one bag came apart. Not good.
review image review image
11 comment| 255 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
These suitcases have been on 3 trips with us so far and are doing great. The spinning wheels make it so much easier to move around the airport. Very roomy and can fit a lot.
on June 21, 2015
They are thinner than I thought, The material feels good and the color Looks good.anyway there are very good stuff for something at this price.
review image review image
on July 8, 2015
EPIC ZIPPER FAIL with first use while vacationing in Peru. Order arrived one week before vacation and everything seemed great. Love the color! Arrived in Peru and the luggage handler at the airport had to carry my mid-sized bag out to me because the zipper failed SO miserably that the only thing holding the luggage together was the TSA lock - the zipper was completely split and off the rails. Thankfully, I had packed all of my clothes in giant Ziploc bags, or my underwear may have rained down while in-flight from Phoenix to Peru. I would LOVE to have the mid-size piece replaced but Amazon wants the original returned. Unfortunately, that worthless piece was tossed in Peru and replaced in order to keep my dignity (and underwear) in check, so I'm unsure how I can get this bag replaced or a partial refund. I'm so disappointed!
on May 27, 2015
Purchased this set after exhaustive research. Went to a bunch of stores to price luggage. These individual pieces were available from a major retailer for about $250 together. Checked other online vendors. Amazon's price was significantly lower at about $114. Looked at a bunch of other styles and brands of luggage. This set comes with a 10-year warranty. The spinner wheels are amazing and look like they will hold up well. Handles all seem sturdy, with no problems extending and retracting. Soft side handles are well sewn. Zippers all close and open easily with no catching. I'll be testing this out on a 6 hour flight across country where I'll have to change planes. If I encounter any problems, I'll post a follow-up.
One caveat - the color in the picture looks like lavendar. It's actually a deep plum color, which is fine. I just wanted something that would stand out when my bags come thru the gate. And the darker color won't show dirt as much.
Some reviewers reported strong chemical smells. Yes, it's brand new luggage, so yes it has a strong "new car" smell. If you spritz it with Febreze and air out, the smell goes away.
on March 23, 2014
I bought this luggage because I am constantly traveling, and wanted to have a decent set. I was impressed with the reviews on this luggage, as well as the price. I found the luggage to be exactly what I expected, and a little more. The spinners work pretty well, even when the bags are full. The only issue I had with the spinners was that occasionally, if the ground was uneven (cobblestone, sidewalk, etc) they would tend to turn a little to the side. But other than that, these are fantastic! The material is thick and seems to be good quality. The hardware is strong enough to have made it through a cruise and two international flights so far with no signs of wear and tear. They are highly adaptable for packing, as they actually have useful interior straps to hold clothes and accessories down. The side handles are stitched with a thick, reinforced thread, so they don't strain when you lift them by the side. I also love that they are nesting, making it perfect for storage. Love these and would highly recommend them!
on August 6, 2015
I purchased this last minute for a week long training convention in June. Was worried that I had purchased it rather hastily and that I would be disappointed. I was so wrong!! This set is perfect for me and my needs. I don't travel too often, but have used all 3 sizes on 3 separate trips and they were all 3 perfect for what I needed. The middle one accompanied me on a week long work convention session in VA & gave me plenty of room for everything you could need, (work, casual, dress, running, books, essentials, etc.), and I still had enough room for souvenirs. The larger one traveled with us for a weekend getaway for a family reunion in NC where I shared it with my boyfriend. There was plenty of room for all of his & all of hers!! The smaller, just recently accompanied me for an overnight meeting out of state to FL and was perfect. The rollers are of good quality and I had no issues with the luggage falling over due to over packing (& believe me it was loaded down).The zippers are of good quality and I have had no issues. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it. Am contemplating on buying the lovely turquoise set for myself and leaving this one for my boyfriend. As soon as I talk him into this 2 week cruise, I WILL get another set!!
on August 11, 2016
Rarely do I review products. Mostly because I feel some products are based upon individual preference or usage. However, I was so outraged I felt compelled to rate this luggage set so others don't have the same problem I had. I decided on this set partially due to the price but mainly because of the reviews. I travel for work regularly. Most trips are anywhere between 1-4 overnights. So the carry on sized bag got the most usage. This morning after less then 2 years with this set the carry on zipper ripped so badly the zipper came completely off the track making it impossible for me to put back on and close my bag. Luckily for me I was on the last and only day of my trip so my luggage was light I could used a duffle bag but any frequent traveler doesn't use a duffle bag when they have their regular essentials always packed in their carry on bag. Even luckier still I wasn't flying on this trip so I had my car. Since the zipper came completely off I had to carry my bag like a cake to my car this morning. I must've looked like a total rookie as I was doing the travel walk of shame out of the hotel. I have no idea what I would have done if I had a flight on this trip. Having to carry my luggage through the airport, through check in, through the terminal to my gate. To think if I had to check my luggage as some airlines when using smaller planes on short domestic flights force you to check your carry on at the gate. I'd advise against this set unless you'd like to had a catastrophic luggage mishap.
on November 28, 2014
So far I love this luggage. I travel a few times a month and usually after the first flight I can see damage to my luggage, but so far with luggage I have flown 2 times and it still looks new. Now maybe the airlines are treating luggage better, but I seriously doubt that!

I love the spinner wheels, this luggage rolls so nice and with only a finger you can push it right along beside you. No more pulling it behind you (although you could if you really wanted.) At Detroit airport they have many escalators, and this handled them perfectly, just pushed it right on the tread in front of me and then right off at the end. So much better then non spinner wheel luggage you fight with to get on and off the escalators.

In January I will have flown 6 times and taken a cruise with this luggage. If it still is holding up, I will be purchasing another set or 2 and getting rid of all my other luggage!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.