Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 1, 2013
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if any significant weight is applied to it. For the price, this is something to be expected, but it should at least be a consideration if you plan on packing anything fragile in the suitcase.

In terms of storage, there are three various sized exterior pockets that would be suitable for documents and small, relatively flat items you may want to access. Only one of these pockets can be locked. On the inside, there is a single full size mesh pocket on the top flap of each bag. Each suitcase comes with two elastic straps that will require you to rummage around in your packed suitcase to put them together.

The wheels held up well and no visible damage was seen from any trip. After being on six different plane flights, the wheels all roll as smoothly as they did when new. In fact, they are so smooth that our one year old can easily push a loaded suitcase along a smooth floor with minimal effort.

For size, they are capable (and come shipped this way) of being loaded one inside the other for easier storage. The two larger ones will not fit in any overhead bin I am familiar with. Speaking of, the smallest only came in the cabin for the final leg and was rather tricky to place in a bin. While it technically fits (by the smallest of margins in a 777 overhead bin), the wheels create some interesting problems. If the bin is the curved type found in some newer planes, the bag will actually roll forward with ease when placed lengthwise in a bin, unless there is another bag directly next to it to hold it in place. Inserting it in backwards (with the wheels facing you) will prevent this, but then makes it hard to remove as there is no bottom handle on any of these.

For weight, they weigh almost nothing, which is a good/bad thing. It takes up less of your weight allowance, and makes it easier for some to manage it. However, this partly comes from a lack of structural support throughout the entire suitcase.

Finally, on to looks. Personally, I can care less how it looks, so long as I can easily spot it on a conveyor belt. After picking these up four times, I found that I had no issue picking out the light blue ones from the sea of black and brown bags out there. However, there were two legs where rain got on them, which caused a lot of discoloration. Additionally, all that dirt and grime lurking in the cargo hold will find your suitcase and smother it with a variety of ugly spots. If looks matter, I would avoid this color.

Overall, they were easy to lift and move, and provided adequate protection to mostly clothing and books. The elastic straps were irritating to use as it requires you to hunt for them at the bottom of your stuff to hook up. Also, it would be nice to see a bottom strap because it makes lifting the suitcase up onto a luggage holder a much more enjoyable experience on your back.
1717 comments| 909 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
First trip one bag came apart. Not good.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 8, 2015
EPIC ZIPPER FAIL with first use while vacationing in Peru. Order arrived one week before vacation and everything seemed great. Love the color! Arrived in Peru and the luggage handler at the airport had to carry my mid-sized bag out to me because the zipper failed SO miserably that the only thing holding the luggage together was the TSA lock - the zipper was completely split and off the rails. Thankfully, I had packed all of my clothes in giant Ziploc bags, or my underwear may have rained down while in-flight from Phoenix to Peru. I would LOVE to have the mid-size piece replaced but Amazon wants the original returned. Unfortunately, that worthless piece was tossed in Peru and replaced in order to keep my dignity (and underwear) in check, so I'm unsure how I can get this bag replaced or a partial refund. I'm so disappointed!
on June 21, 2015
They are thinner than I thought, The material feels good and the color Looks good.anyway there are very good stuff for something at this price.
review imagereview image
on May 27, 2015
Purchased this set after exhaustive research. Went to a bunch of stores to price luggage. These individual pieces were available from a major retailer for about $250 together. Checked other online vendors. Amazon's price was significantly lower at about $114. Looked at a bunch of other styles and brands of luggage. This set comes with a 10-year warranty. The spinner wheels are amazing and look like they will hold up well. Handles all seem sturdy, with no problems extending and retracting. Soft side handles are well sewn. Zippers all close and open easily with no catching. I'll be testing this out on a 6 hour flight across country where I'll have to change planes. If I encounter any problems, I'll post a follow-up.
One caveat - the color in the picture looks like lavendar. It's actually a deep plum color, which is fine. I just wanted something that would stand out when my bags come thru the gate. And the darker color won't show dirt as much.
Some reviewers reported strong chemical smells. Yes, it's brand new luggage, so yes it has a strong "new car" smell. If you spritz it with Febreze and air out, the smell goes away.
on January 2, 2013
The purple is not violet but plum, but I knew that from reviews and I like it. The three piece set was used on a car trip. we were in and out of the luggage each day for a week. The luggage is well made and is durable. The large bag has plenty of room for one person packing winter clothes for a week and still had extra room. The medium was used by a teenager for a week and still had room, the carry on was used for a week of winter clothes by a child. we stayed with family and a cat slept on top of the luggage each night. It was durable and has no scratches or tears. The spinner wheels and handles worked great. I tried out the set in a store but saved $100 by getting it here.

UPDATE: The carry-on just went through 4 plane rides and still looks great! (And has gone on 2 more trips in cars) I pulled it with a laptop bag over the handles through 4 airports with ease. I could tilt and pull, but it was easier to pull on the spinners. I was worried the handle would break with the weight but it did great. I am still very happy! Note for airline travel - with the wheels the bag is 1 1/2 inches too tall, but I was never stopped and measured. It fit in a small jet overhead compartment just fine.
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2013
I bought this luggage after doing much research online and wanting a set with spinner wheels. This luggage is very good quality for the price you are paying for it. I bought the black set and also bought neon pink luggage tags and handle wraps which I also purchased from Amazon. Those two items were LIFESAVERS in recognizing our luggage on the luggage carousel! My mom and I used the smaller pieces for a trip back east especially wanting to use smaller luggage to avoid paying extra weight charges (we flew Southwest so we had could check the bags free). This luggage was very easy to move around by ourselves and stood up to plane changes coming and going, it looks brand new! The only drawback I could mention with the luggage is there is no "handle" at the bottom of the luggage to grab onto when trying to lift it and put it a car, etc. but other than that this luggage is perfect!
on September 8, 2017
For the price of this set, you won't be disappointed. I use the carry-on size a lot (26 flights since purchasing this set last year). If you don't stack a briefcase on top, you really won't have any issues. If you do try to next a briefcase, you'll have balance issues. The handle has a concerning amount of play after a full year of heavy use, but I'm not replacing the suitcase until it officially dies. The two larger bags hardly get used unless I travel with my family on a vacation. My kids sometimes like to hide in the large one, and they both fit inside at the same time!

If I were purchasing this for personal use, I would feel confident that the whole set would last for years and years. Pro-tip: get a loud color (like the orange ones that I bought). Nobody else on the plane ever has orange luggage, so the 5 times that I've had to check a bag, I've had no issues spotting it on the luggage conveyer.
on January 12, 2017
My husband and I got these before heading on our honeymoon to Jamaica. We decided on American Tourister because my family and I have always gotten this brand of luggage and loved it. The luggage we have previously bought has lasted for years and for many trips, so we decided to go with this brand again. We loved the color and the spinning wheels and they moved great through the airport! But once we got back to the States and picked up our bags, the handle on the largest suitcase could not be pulled up. The metal on the inside had been bent so the handle couldn't be used anymore. I was disappointed because yes, luggage can be thrown around when flying, but I have never had any previous American Tourister luggage get ruined on the first trip.
on October 19, 2016
After 2 trips the luggage riped and my items were all over the airport runway!
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.