Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on January 1, 2013
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if any significant weight is applied to it. For the price, this is something to be expected, but it should at least be a consideration if you plan on packing anything fragile in the suitcase.

In terms of storage, there are three various sized exterior pockets that would be suitable for documents and small, relatively flat items you may want to access. Only one of these pockets can be locked. On the inside, there is a single full size mesh pocket on the top flap of each bag. Each suitcase comes with two elastic straps that will require you to rummage around in your packed suitcase to put them together.

The wheels held up well and no visible damage was seen from any trip. After being on six different plane flights, the wheels all roll as smoothly as they did when new. In fact, they are so smooth that our one year old can easily push a loaded suitcase along a smooth floor with minimal effort.

For size, they are capable (and come shipped this way) of being loaded one inside the other for easier storage. The two larger ones will not fit in any overhead bin I am familiar with. Speaking of, the smallest only came in the cabin for the final leg and was rather tricky to place in a bin. While it technically fits (by the smallest of margins in a 777 overhead bin), the wheels create some interesting problems. If the bin is the curved type found in some newer planes, the bag will actually roll forward with ease when placed lengthwise in a bin, unless there is another bag directly next to it to hold it in place. Inserting it in backwards (with the wheels facing you) will prevent this, but then makes it hard to remove as there is no bottom handle on any of these.

For weight, they weigh almost nothing, which is a good/bad thing. It takes up less of your weight allowance, and makes it easier for some to manage it. However, this partly comes from a lack of structural support throughout the entire suitcase.

Finally, on to looks. Personally, I can care less how it looks, so long as I can easily spot it on a conveyor belt. After picking these up four times, I found that I had no issue picking out the light blue ones from the sea of black and brown bags out there. However, there were two legs where rain got on them, which caused a lot of discoloration. Additionally, all that dirt and grime lurking in the cargo hold will find your suitcase and smother it with a variety of ugly spots. If looks matter, I would avoid this color.

Overall, they were easy to lift and move, and provided adequate protection to mostly clothing and books. The elastic straps were irritating to use as it requires you to hunt for them at the bottom of your stuff to hook up. Also, it would be nice to see a bottom strap because it makes lifting the suitcase up onto a luggage holder a much more enjoyable experience on your back.
1717 comments| 914 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 11, 2012
i received my luggage very fast! it shipped in about 3 days with the free shipping. The first thing i noticed was the color. I ordered this in purple. it is MUCH darker than the picture. its almost as dark as the black. But i like it better than the picture. Its more of a deep plum color. the luggage is great quality and great size. Its very heavy when all three are stacked inside each other. each individual piece isnt that heavy though. about 10lbs for the larger ones each. the wheels on this are very nice. i would recommend getting luggage with four rotating wheels. this helps a lot when lugging it around. the carry on piece is big, but small enough to be a carry on for a plane. I love everything about this product. I think its very well made and it will last a long time. Dont hesitate to get the purple, like i said its much darker and is very nice. not too out there, but very feminine. Also might i add, the price is such a deal! BUY THESE! :D its worth it!
1717 comments| 412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 1, 2013
We bought this luggage a while ago but just got the chance to use it. We bought the aqua blue.First thing I will say about this luggage are that the pics a little deceiving. The material is not as shiny as the pics which I wasn't worried about because no matter what we bought the aqua blue to pick it out from other luggage in baggage claim and you can definitely do that. We used this on a cruise we went on but had to fly and drive a car to get to the port. So thats two flights, a car trunk and a cruise it had to go through.The best thing about this luggage is the spinners between rolling them to the car rental and rolling to our room that we stayed at the night before the cruise and the smallest piece which we used as carry on the spinners got a big work out and they worked great. I felt like I could roll these for miles and at the airport I think we did. I will never buy a piece of luggage without spinners ever again. The zippers worked flawlessly and the luggage has a definite better quality feel then the last luggage we had. I will say on the lighter color you can definitely notice the dirt and smudges. We always had black so never noticed this on our other luggage so not sure if its the material or just the color. Also the smallest piece is small enough for a carry on.A friend of ours bought this at a department store on sale and paid 30% more.We are definitely happy with this purchase.
55 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2017
After getting it I thought its not going to run for longer, specially the fiber handles, however I have used it during multiple international travels and still looks same as I bought it initially. I would recommend it.
on November 24, 2012
I am not sure I like the spinner wheels. When the large case is full, it does not seem to move as easily as a regular 2-wheeled suitcase. In fact, I noticed many people in the airport tipping their spinner suitcase to pull it on 2 wheels, the same as I was doing. Also, because of the spinner wheels, there is no handle on the bottom end of the suitcase, which makes it hard to pick up and manipulate, getting it in and out of a car trunk or van.

It expands, but only the bottom half expands, so the result is an uneven shape.

The handles are flimsy, and do not look to be very well attached. The suitcase made it on one trans-Atlantic flight, so time will tell.

The inside pockets and the outside pockets are fine. The color is lovely, and the nylon material seems sturdy. The tiny spinner wheels and the flimsy handles are the cause of my "blah" rating.
0Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 20, 2014
So glad I bought these. I threw out my last luggage set after a bedbug episode in 2013. These bags have held up being yanked back and forth across the streets of NYC laden with books, as well as many trips on the train for work. The telescoping handles seem a little bit cheap and fragile, so I just make sure I'm extra careful with that part of it. Overall, it's a good set for the money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2016
29 inch spinner has a seam that is seperated about 2 inches at the top. Very poor quality control. Then you have to use American Tourister for warranty repairs. The suitcase has not been used and of course cannot be in this condition. Be smart, buy something else!
review imagereview image
on November 29, 2013
Love the color. After one trip still looks brand new even after the airline handled it. Looking forward to years of use out of this set. As others have stated the purple is darker than shown but still beautiful and easy to spot. Best value I have seen for spinner luggage, I will never again get a set with the old wheels again after using this.
on December 20, 2017
Work ok, but should have sprung for a better quality. The large suitcase frame was bent on our first trip. Overall, not terrible but spend a bit more on another American tourister line and get better quality and durability.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2016
One of the compartments on the very front of the largest suitcase is missing the zipper pull, thus I can't use that compartment. Not very happy w/ the quality of this luggage and would not buy this set again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.