Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,112 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,168 reviews
on January 1, 2013
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if any significant weight is applied to it. For the price, this is something to be expected, but it should at least be a consideration if you plan on packing anything fragile in the suitcase.

In terms of storage, there are three various sized exterior pockets that would be suitable for documents and small, relatively flat items you may want to access. Only one of these pockets can be locked. On the inside, there is a single full size mesh pocket on the top flap of each bag. Each suitcase comes with two elastic straps that will require you to rummage around in your packed suitcase to put them together.

The wheels held up well and no visible damage was seen from any trip. After being on six different plane flights, the wheels all roll as smoothly as they did when new. In fact, they are so smooth that our one year old can easily push a loaded suitcase along a smooth floor with minimal effort.

For size, they are capable (and come shipped this way) of being loaded one inside the other for easier storage. The two larger ones will not fit in any overhead bin I am familiar with. Speaking of, the smallest only came in the cabin for the final leg and was rather tricky to place in a bin. While it technically fits (by the smallest of margins in a 777 overhead bin), the wheels create some interesting problems. If the bin is the curved type found in some newer planes, the bag will actually roll forward with ease when placed lengthwise in a bin, unless there is another bag directly next to it to hold it in place. Inserting it in backwards (with the wheels facing you) will prevent this, but then makes it hard to remove as there is no bottom handle on any of these.

For weight, they weigh almost nothing, which is a good/bad thing. It takes up less of your weight allowance, and makes it easier for some to manage it. However, this partly comes from a lack of structural support throughout the entire suitcase.

Finally, on to looks. Personally, I can care less how it looks, so long as I can easily spot it on a conveyor belt. After picking these up four times, I found that I had no issue picking out the light blue ones from the sea of black and brown bags out there. However, there were two legs where rain got on them, which caused a lot of discoloration. Additionally, all that dirt and grime lurking in the cargo hold will find your suitcase and smother it with a variety of ugly spots. If looks matter, I would avoid this color.

Overall, they were easy to lift and move, and provided adequate protection to mostly clothing and books. The elastic straps were irritating to use as it requires you to hunt for them at the bottom of your stuff to hook up. Also, it would be nice to see a bottom strap because it makes lifting the suitcase up onto a luggage holder a much more enjoyable experience on your back.
1717 comments| 845 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
First trip one bag came apart. Not good.
review image review image
11 comment| 235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
The set of three pieces of luggage arrived on time. Used two pieces on a trip abroad and they were so easy to maneuver! The suitcases weathered several transfers in cars, airlines, buses & a ship very well. The spinner wheels make traveling a breeze. I am well-pleased with the set.
22 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2012
i received my luggage very fast! it shipped in about 3 days with the free shipping. The first thing i noticed was the color. I ordered this in purple. it is MUCH darker than the picture. its almost as dark as the black. But i like it better than the picture. Its more of a deep plum color. the luggage is great quality and great size. Its very heavy when all three are stacked inside each other. each individual piece isnt that heavy though. about 10lbs for the larger ones each. the wheels on this are very nice. i would recommend getting luggage with four rotating wheels. this helps a lot when lugging it around. the carry on piece is big, but small enough to be a carry on for a plane. I love everything about this product. I think its very well made and it will last a long time. Dont hesitate to get the purple, like i said its much darker and is very nice. not too out there, but very feminine. Also might i add, the price is such a deal! BUY THESE! :D its worth it!
1717 comments| 412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2012
I haven't used my luggage yet because I just got it today, but it seems to be very well made. I bought the purple set, and because I read reviews complaining that the color didn't match the photo I was prepared for a darker or different shade of purple than shown in the product photo. After I got the luggage out of the shipping box, I took it outdoors and photographed it in partial sun. The color resembles the product photo, and I would call that color a lavender, not plum. I've rolled my luggage set forwards, backwards, and sideways without problems on my wooden deck and on carpeting. The spinner wheels are wonderful.
review image
11 comment| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
We bought this luggage a while ago but just got the chance to use it. We bought the aqua blue.First thing I will say about this luggage are that the pics a little deceiving. The material is not as shiny as the pics which I wasn't worried about because no matter what we bought the aqua blue to pick it out from other luggage in baggage claim and you can definitely do that. We used this on a cruise we went on but had to fly and drive a car to get to the port. So thats two flights, a car trunk and a cruise it had to go through.The best thing about this luggage is the spinners between rolling them to the car rental and rolling to our room that we stayed at the night before the cruise and the smallest piece which we used as carry on the spinners got a big work out and they worked great. I felt like I could roll these for miles and at the airport I think we did. I will never buy a piece of luggage without spinners ever again. The zippers worked flawlessly and the luggage has a definite better quality feel then the last luggage we had. I will say on the lighter color you can definitely notice the dirt and smudges. We always had black so never noticed this on our other luggage so not sure if its the material or just the color. Also the smallest piece is small enough for a carry on.A friend of ours bought this at a department store on sale and paid 30% more.We are definitely happy with this purchase.
55 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
These suitcases have been on 3 trips with us so far and are doing great. The spinning wheels make it so much easier to move around the airport. Very roomy and can fit a lot.
on August 11, 2016
Rarely do I review products. Mostly because I feel some products are based upon individual preference or usage. However, I was so outraged I felt compelled to rate this luggage set so others don't have the same problem I had. I decided on this set partially due to the price but mainly because of the reviews. I travel for work regularly. Most trips are anywhere between 1-4 overnights. So the carry on sized bag got the most usage. This morning after less then 2 years with this set the carry on zipper ripped so badly the zipper came completely off the track making it impossible for me to put back on and close my bag. Luckily for me I was on the last and only day of my trip so my luggage was light I could used a duffle bag but any frequent traveler doesn't use a duffle bag when they have their regular essentials always packed in their carry on bag. Even luckier still I wasn't flying on this trip so I had my car. Since the zipper came completely off I had to carry my bag like a cake to my car this morning. I must've looked like a total rookie as I was doing the travel walk of shame out of the hotel. I have no idea what I would have done if I had a flight on this trip. Having to carry my luggage through the airport, through check in, through the terminal to my gate. To think if I had to check my luggage as some airlines when using smaller planes on short domestic flights force you to check your carry on at the gate. I'd advise against this set unless you'd like to had a catastrophic luggage mishap.
on July 8, 2015
EPIC ZIPPER FAIL with first use while vacationing in Peru. Order arrived one week before vacation and everything seemed great. Love the color! Arrived in Peru and the luggage handler at the airport had to carry my mid-sized bag out to me because the zipper failed SO miserably that the only thing holding the luggage together was the TSA lock - the zipper was completely split and off the rails. Thankfully, I had packed all of my clothes in giant Ziploc bags, or my underwear may have rained down while in-flight from Phoenix to Peru. I would LOVE to have the mid-size piece replaced but Amazon wants the original returned. Unfortunately, that worthless piece was tossed in Peru and replaced in order to keep my dignity (and underwear) in check, so I'm unsure how I can get this bag replaced or a partial refund. I'm so disappointed!
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2013
I bought this luggage after doing much research online and wanting a set with spinner wheels. This luggage is very good quality for the price you are paying for it. I bought the black set and also bought neon pink luggage tags and handle wraps which I also purchased from Amazon. Those two items were LIFESAVERS in recognizing our luggage on the luggage carousel! My mom and I used the smaller pieces for a trip back east especially wanting to use smaller luggage to avoid paying extra weight charges (we flew Southwest so we had could check the bags free). This luggage was very easy to move around by ourselves and stood up to plane changes coming and going, it looks brand new! The only drawback I could mention with the luggage is there is no "handle" at the bottom of the luggage to grab onto when trying to lift it and put it a car, etc. but other than that this luggage is perfect!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.