Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on January 1, 2013
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if any significant weight is applied to it. For the price, this is something to be expected, but it should at least be a consideration if you plan on packing anything fragile in the suitcase.

In terms of storage, there are three various sized exterior pockets that would be suitable for documents and small, relatively flat items you may want to access. Only one of these pockets can be locked. On the inside, there is a single full size mesh pocket on the top flap of each bag. Each suitcase comes with two elastic straps that will require you to rummage around in your packed suitcase to put them together.

The wheels held up well and no visible damage was seen from any trip. After being on six different plane flights, the wheels all roll as smoothly as they did when new. In fact, they are so smooth that our one year old can easily push a loaded suitcase along a smooth floor with minimal effort.

For size, they are capable (and come shipped this way) of being loaded one inside the other for easier storage. The two larger ones will not fit in any overhead bin I am familiar with. Speaking of, the smallest only came in the cabin for the final leg and was rather tricky to place in a bin. While it technically fits (by the smallest of margins in a 777 overhead bin), the wheels create some interesting problems. If the bin is the curved type found in some newer planes, the bag will actually roll forward with ease when placed lengthwise in a bin, unless there is another bag directly next to it to hold it in place. Inserting it in backwards (with the wheels facing you) will prevent this, but then makes it hard to remove as there is no bottom handle on any of these.

For weight, they weigh almost nothing, which is a good/bad thing. It takes up less of your weight allowance, and makes it easier for some to manage it. However, this partly comes from a lack of structural support throughout the entire suitcase.

Finally, on to looks. Personally, I can care less how it looks, so long as I can easily spot it on a conveyor belt. After picking these up four times, I found that I had no issue picking out the light blue ones from the sea of black and brown bags out there. However, there were two legs where rain got on them, which caused a lot of discoloration. Additionally, all that dirt and grime lurking in the cargo hold will find your suitcase and smother it with a variety of ugly spots. If looks matter, I would avoid this color.

Overall, they were easy to lift and move, and provided adequate protection to mostly clothing and books. The elastic straps were irritating to use as it requires you to hunt for them at the bottom of your stuff to hook up. Also, it would be nice to see a bottom strap because it makes lifting the suitcase up onto a luggage holder a much more enjoyable experience on your back.
1717 comments| 909 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
First trip one bag came apart. Not good.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 8, 2015
EPIC ZIPPER FAIL with first use while vacationing in Peru. Order arrived one week before vacation and everything seemed great. Love the color! Arrived in Peru and the luggage handler at the airport had to carry my mid-sized bag out to me because the zipper failed SO miserably that the only thing holding the luggage together was the TSA lock - the zipper was completely split and off the rails. Thankfully, I had packed all of my clothes in giant Ziploc bags, or my underwear may have rained down while in-flight from Phoenix to Peru. I would LOVE to have the mid-size piece replaced but Amazon wants the original returned. Unfortunately, that worthless piece was tossed in Peru and replaced in order to keep my dignity (and underwear) in check, so I'm unsure how I can get this bag replaced or a partial refund. I'm so disappointed!
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2013
I bought this luggage after doing much research online and wanting a set with spinner wheels. This luggage is very good quality for the price you are paying for it. I bought the black set and also bought neon pink luggage tags and handle wraps which I also purchased from Amazon. Those two items were LIFESAVERS in recognizing our luggage on the luggage carousel! My mom and I used the smaller pieces for a trip back east especially wanting to use smaller luggage to avoid paying extra weight charges (we flew Southwest so we had could check the bags free). This luggage was very easy to move around by ourselves and stood up to plane changes coming and going, it looks brand new! The only drawback I could mention with the luggage is there is no "handle" at the bottom of the luggage to grab onto when trying to lift it and put it a car, etc. but other than that this luggage is perfect!
on September 8, 2017
For the price of this set, you won't be disappointed. I use the carry-on size a lot (26 flights since purchasing this set last year). If you don't stack a briefcase on top, you really won't have any issues. If you do try to next a briefcase, you'll have balance issues. The handle has a concerning amount of play after a full year of heavy use, but I'm not replacing the suitcase until it officially dies. The two larger bags hardly get used unless I travel with my family on a vacation. My kids sometimes like to hide in the large one, and they both fit inside at the same time!

If I were purchasing this for personal use, I would feel confident that the whole set would last for years and years. Pro-tip: get a loud color (like the orange ones that I bought). Nobody else on the plane ever has orange luggage, so the 5 times that I've had to check a bag, I've had no issues spotting it on the luggage conveyer.
on January 12, 2017
My husband and I got these before heading on our honeymoon to Jamaica. We decided on American Tourister because my family and I have always gotten this brand of luggage and loved it. The luggage we have previously bought has lasted for years and for many trips, so we decided to go with this brand again. We loved the color and the spinning wheels and they moved great through the airport! But once we got back to the States and picked up our bags, the handle on the largest suitcase could not be pulled up. The metal on the inside had been bent so the handle couldn't be used anymore. I was disappointed because yes, luggage can be thrown around when flying, but I have never had any previous American Tourister luggage get ruined on the first trip.
on October 19, 2016
After 2 trips the luggage riped and my items were all over the airport runway!
review image
on December 8, 2014
I absolutely love this luggage set! I wanted a set that would stand out at baggage claim so was happy that blue was an available color (at a slightly lower price too!) I was even more pleased when the luggage arrived and was closer to a teal blue color, than the baby/powder blue it looks in the pictures.

The largest size piece has more than enough room so that my daughter and I could share one piece of luggage for a week long trip, while still coming in under the airline size limits. The middle size is a perfect for one person for a week and the smallest is a perfect carry on size. All pieces have the ability to expand (although expanding the largest may push it over the size limits of most airlines). They also have 360 degree rolling wheels, which was awesome for getting through the lines at the airport. They are sturdy, well built and kept everything inside safe and sound through 2 plane transfers.

The only drawback with this is that because the blue is on the lighter side, it did get noticeably dirty after only one use. Doesn't bother me at all, but something to keep in mind for those that it does. I think that all the benefits of this luggage set far out weigh that one drawback.
on May 21, 2015
Frankly, I was quite disappointed that American Tourister seemed to fall short of quality with this set of luggage. Someone else also wrote about the inadequacy of the straps used to fasten over the items in the suitcase - I should have paid attention to that! Besides being very flimsy, they are far TOO SHORT; I had to use a strong piece of cord to thread through the ends of the elastic which I knotted together to fit over my clothing. There isn't a place for a luggage tag which really surprised me - I had to go shopping for luggage tags to affix to the handle which inevitably gets caught on something through the rough treatment by luggage handlers. On another set of luggage I had ordered through Amazon, Rockland Polo Equipment, there was a type of reinforcement on the bottom of the luggage, which this set of American Tourister lacks. The Rockland luggage was far superior and less expensive, however to its detriment, there was no handle on the side to assist in lifting. If I hadn't ordered this set of luggage for an impending cruise, I probably would have returned it. The old adage proves true in this case - "you get what you pay for"!
on September 4, 2015
I decided to write my review once I actually used the luggage to travel across the country.

I will first say that I was pleased that the color is a darker purple than shown in the image (I was worried it would be too light and thought I'd take a chance and pay attention to all the other reviewers who mentioned the darker purple). I love that you can stack them into each other for easy storing. And the way it rolls is great -- so easy and hassle free!

However, the reason for my four-star review and not five stars is because after just the first leg of my trip, I noticed the medium piece had two tears on the side and on the bottom of the luggage -- just after its first use! Granted, I know that the airport luggage handlers can be careless, but I was pretty bummed that it tore so quickly and, seemingly, easily.

Other than that, I really do love my new luggage! Hopefully it holds up for more of my trips!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.