Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 575 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 5,164 reviews
on December 30, 2015
Defective scale on first use.

The AWS-100 scale I purchased here on Amazon is defective. I received the scale today. It's a nice size for me, and at first impression the scale appeared to work as advertised. However, the "On/Off" button does not work. The scale had an Auto-off feature which turns the scale off after 90 seconds of use. Since my power button does not work, the only way to turn the scale back on is by flipping it over and popping the batteries in and out (and praying). This is a TREMENDOUS hassle when you're trying to precisely measure out milligrams. The scale is also not the most accurate, it fluctuates approx +/- .015. This is fine for my purpose but it may cause issue for you.

Bottom line: Don't buy this scale, spend a little more and get something slightly better quality.
on March 21, 2016
When I received the scale I unpacked it and put the batteries in and tried to turn it on, nothing. I figure cheap batteries are more than likely dead so I get new ones, still nothing. I figure its more effort then its worth to try and return it so I proceed to take it apart. Once disassembled I find the problem, the never soldered the wires from the batteries to the circuit board. Bottom line you get what you pay for so spend a little more and get something that actually arrives assembled properly. After I soldered the wires to the board it should be noted that it does work properly so there is that.
on July 9, 2016
I had previously bought a version of this scale and liked it very much until it stopped working after a few years. Since it was inexpensive I decided to purchase it again. I need a scale that accurately measured to 1/10th gram for the various vitamins and supplements that I take. Unfortunately the new scale that I received was less reliable. There is a piece of plastic that sticks out on the bottom part of the scale so that it does not sit completely flat on a surface. I do not get consistent measurements with this. Also the batteries that were included did not work at all. It is basically going in the garbage.
on April 26, 2016
Was pretty excited to start using this once I got it. Quickly turned to disgust once I found out it was counting down by 3 10th of a gram every few seconds as I was measuring... I only noticed when I had hit the tare button and it read -.13, then -.36, -.67, -1.2.... etc... It did this every time. I tried to figure out was its issue was(maybe a stuck deck or bad wiring) . Everything seemed normal. it weighed correct as long as I was quick and got the weight on before it started counting down...Then came to find out I couldn't return it for some reason. Get a better scale, the money you save getting this isn't worth the chance on getting a good one.
on March 4, 2017
Bought in December, it's now barely March and the unit is displaying "FULL" (an error code not in the user manual) and won't do anything, or reset, even leaving overnight with the batteries out, nada. 2 months of very light use, never dropped and stored in the box it came with when not in use. Ridiculous that it would just up and quit on me like this, not worth spending your money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2015
You may as well save $10 and just guess the weight yourself. Even after calibrating, and letting a friend try, it don't read the same weight twice for the same item. Example; put a nickel on it which should be 5g.... Sometimes it will read as close as 5.6, take it off it reads -2.4.... Put it back on it reads 4.7.... Reset it/ zero it.. Yeah it will read 0... But measure the nickel again and it may read 3.6, or 7.2..... Save yourself the headache
on June 22, 2015
This thing is a piece of sh!t. It won't stay calibrated, comes with "GOD CAMEL" batteries (AAA) - WTF? And as soon as you zero it, the weight starts to fluctuate up or down - even with nothing on the scale! I bought this to use when making e liquid, so I could mix my recipes by grams (using dropper bottles). I'd sooner use this as a target with my Kimber than trust its accuracy for anything else.

Skip this purchase people. If you are looking for accuracy and reliability you have to spend more money on a quality product. I wouldn't even THINK about using this for precious metal or carat weights. However, if you're using it to weigh "green" then buy it - cause you deserve to be ripped off for using illegal substances.
on October 15, 2016
Recieved these scales, I bought five of them. All five had batteries that were corroding, 2 scaled didn't work anymore from the corrosion. I emailed the seller and they told me to handle it through Amazon. Not worth my time... it's only $20 they could replace. Dissolved the spring right off. The cheap blue and black batteries.
review image
on November 3, 2016
Worked very well for 5 weeks. Yesterday I was hand loading rounds for a ladder test.I had 15 groups of 10 each. When I was loading number 119. I noticed the weight jumped a full grain. So I dumped the powder and tried again. The scale keep changing the readout. So I dumped 118 on the the scale. It was off by .4gr I did the same with 111 to 117. Every one of them was off. Some by over a full grasin!! So I pulled the bullets of of the other rounds. None of them was accurate. The scale isn't worth $1
on December 1, 2015
There was no battery port in the back in one, and the other one had a poorly attached battery pack with batteries in it marked "Camel God" brand.Terrible construction;.Ordered twice hoping there was some sort of mistake on the first and that they would fix it for the second. There wasn't much difference between the two, as neither one worked. Emails got no reply, Waste of time. UltimatelyI ended up buying The Spirit 0.001 oz scale(http://smile.amazon.com/Spirit-0-001oz-Digital-Back-Lit-Stainless/dp/B017WZJ4ES?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00) and got a more accurate scale for a better price. Highly not recommended.