Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 898 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,308 reviews
on April 21, 2017
I saw this many years ago, when it first came out, and was surprised to find it again here on Amazon. It's still a campy mixture of horror and tongue-in-cheek humor (good music, too). Was worth revisiting. :)
on August 20, 2015
Okay I'm as surprised as anyone that I'm giving this only 3 but I need to be honest and in my (just my opinion) this film has aged a little bit compared to The Howling which still holds up. The main culprit is the story which is pretty flimsy and some of the humor just leaves me cold (though a few jokes are spot on.) That's not take anything away from the iconic transformation sequence which is still worth the price of admission even today. Also David Naughton, while a fine actor, doesn't really hold your attention the way Bruce Campbell or Dee Wallace are able to, though admittedly he kills it in the zoo scene. Maybe I'm nitpicking but to me this film contains a lot of the laziness that John Landis became infamous for. In later movies like Beverly Hills Cop III it became impossible not to notice that there was something missing.
on March 20, 2015
The DVD and the movie was great. DVD included extras on the filming, making of, interviews which I thoroughly enjoy. I'm sure most of you have seen the movie as it's a classic. The video wasn't "enhanced" for those picky enough, seems right from the video, but the film, story line, acting were all top notch, and the movie is fun. I'm a fan of dark humor and this was lighter than dark without being a full fledged comedy. And it's really nice to "own" the movie as I hate watching commercials of an edited movie. This also "sounds good" in that I can put it on, and enjoy it without having to be glued to the visual, and still be able to do my work around the house. It also works well with "An American Werewolf in Paris" for when I want to spend my day in the same vein of werewolves. The special effects were/are classic, and again, all parts played where one can't imagine anyone else in the roles. A good movie for any movie buff's collection. And just a thought...enhancement, 3D, Blue Ray wouldn't necessarily make this movie "better" as its own version stands by itself and has stood the test of time as a cult favorite. God bless and enjoy!
on February 16, 2016
How could I not love it? It's a classic with a very simple but solid story, believable characters, amazing effects, some of which still look better than modern CGI and a really great sense of humor. I love that it doesn't ever have time to turn into an angst fest as some stories of this nature are want to do. The soundtrack's also pretty good without being anything too complicated- the same song is actually repeated three times in different styles but it just works so well I can't imagine it being any different. Overall an amazing film.
on June 29, 2016
Really good. Enjoyed it.
review image
on November 2, 2016
Loved the movie. I was amazed that it doesn't seem dated at all. We watched it Halloween night. What a wonderful mix of humor, terror and love making that is believable enough to pull you into the story's horror and pathos at the same time you have a good laugh or two. Scenes shot on the English moors are by themselves beautifully atmospheric and scary as heck without the need of CGI. Makeup and transformations are superb. I particularly liked the wit that went into the makeup job on the walking dead. I won't give anymore away. Just watch the film and see for yourself.
on May 10, 2017
One of the best werewolf movies of all time. ;)
on October 22, 2015
Note: I am not the biggest werewolf movie fan, but found The Silver Bullet and Wolf a much more engaging story. AAWIL seems unable to decide whether or not it wants to be taken seriously. This drastically reduces the suspense element of the film. I also didn't buy into the love story. To me, it seemed less than genuine. Therefore, I found it difficult to really "care" for the characters and emotionally engage/invest in the film. The special effects were great for its time and the there were a few good scares, but I considered only giving this one two stars. I watched this for research purposes into compiling a list of the top 50 scariest movies of all time. This will not make the top 50 cut.
on August 24, 2016
writer/director, JL, breaks new Horror filmmaking ground by creating a smart & witty, big-budget, Stan Winston special effects wonder.
With many memorable movie moments, this film makes my Top 100 American Made Films. Unfortunately, the attention to pointless detail and ensuing pace hurt the films watchability. Soooo, unlike Jack (the doomed hiking buddy, whose spirit, following the death of David, is freed from limbo) American Werewolf in London will remain in cinematic limbo; a film that resides somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
on March 5, 2017
This is one of my favorite horror films, next to demons, every year on Halloween I watch a bunch if horror films, and this is one of them,