Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(5 star). See all 324 reviews
on March 1, 2017
Great -old fashioned ideas that work - right up there with Dave Ramsey and his grandma!
on April 23, 2013
I decided to purchase this book after having previewed their website, America's Cheapest Family.com
This book is packed full of informative information to apply to your everyday living to help save you money in situations that we all have experienced ,one way or other, in our everyday living pertaining to coping in this economy. Consider Steve and Annette as private coaches who have years of experience looking over the finances of others whom have sought their help in building a realistic budget as it applies to their situation. It helps you to pay off debt, put away money in savings and what you need to do to categorize to allocate your money so that you have it available without chunking it all out at one time.
on July 1, 2013
Wow, THAT's where all that money was going! Great book to help you take a good look at where your hard earned cash goes, I plugged a few holes (like groceries!) and it made a big difference. You may not take all the tips (I'm not giving up cable), but everybody can benefit from looking at this book.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on October 8, 2017
Good ideas ,the best Info.
on April 24, 2013
My husband and I have been recently struggling with finances after a big move to a new state, so I picked up this book to garner some helpful tips for economizing around the house. Not only did the book offer amazingly practical, logical and helpful advice for altering your daily lifestyle, it has changed our lives completely. We have only started implementing some of the debt resolution and other excess-cutting tips and our finances have begun to change drastically for the better. Thank you for writing something that truly works!!!
on February 7, 2015
My favorite finance book of all time! Fiscal responsibilty and financial peace are very important to our family. It is not only a finance book but it helps you and your children realize the struggles everyone faces. Lots of tips and tricks on how to get the budget tight and how to live on less. We have used so many of these tips and it has made my children more compassionate and the importance of being good stewards with our money.
on February 19, 2013
I read this book in hopes that my husband and I could get a better take on our finances and actually set AND stick to a budget. My husband lost his job a few months ago and we have been cutting corners wherever we can. I started reading blogs and forums on saving and came across this book. While we will never implement all the ideas given in the book, I have a different view of our money now and we actually have goals and are excited about paying off debts and doing projects around the house. It was a blessing and I will pass it on to everyone that I know.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on February 8, 2014
Since reading the entire book, I have implemented several things the book discusses and have found it to be very helpful in budgeting and sticking to the budget! I have also personally met the authors and they seem to be the real deal. I recommend this book to anyone trying to create/stick to a budget.
3 helpful votes
on August 4, 2013
I absolutely love this book. I already had a budget, but their budget strategies made so much more sense to me. I implemented their budget strategies as soon as I finished the chapter. And their strategy to eliminate debt seriously made me stop and think, why didn't I think about that myself? Their tips and tricks are easy to implement, and easy to follow.
3 helpful votes
on May 22, 2014
I chose this book because I wanted to try to save more money on my expenses. It had a lot of good ideas that the authors themselves had used in their own family, as well as advice to others. I liked it because I found ideas that I hadn't thought about putting into practice. It was easy to read and well developed. I would recommend this book to others.