Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 176 reviews
on October 18, 2015
Had this book - once. Somehow mine disappeared. Great book for any cook's library. Over 1,300 recipes.
ANYONE who cooks SHOULD have this book. The BEST reference book ever!!! I am BACK here to replace it today, buying a second one!
MUST have this in my home!
on November 7, 2014
HUGE, Heavy. Thorough. It was impressive and well organized and yet - SO MASSIVE. It was purchased as a lightning deal, so I got a great price on it. You definitely get your moneys worth on this purchase (with the abundance of recipes, photos, information and great hardcover binding).
on December 1, 2014
Another superlative cookbook from America's Test Kitchen! The chefs/cooks/authors are exacting in the explanation of each creation. That's my favorite aspect of these cookbooks - they take out the guesswork. And I like the reviews of cooking pots/pans and implements, as well as information about some of the ingredients. The pictures are extremely helpful. Last but not least, the recipes TASTE GOOD! And that's what cooking is all about.
on February 28, 2016
ATK's recipes are just about always perfect. I love this cookbook and will be using it for many years to come. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that overall the book didn't knock my socks off with recipes destined to become NEW family classics. There were a few, but I was hoping for more. What you do get is perfected methods for dishes that are already family classics (meatloaf, chicken parmesan, etc) and a few recipes for things you might not have tried to cook yet (Asian noodle bowls and such).
on July 9, 2016
I use this cookbook almost every day. This thing is an encyclopedia and I tell everyone about it. We have lots of other cookbooks that we cook from, but never as regularly as this one. And everything tastes great! You can tell if you have a good cookbook if there is food all over it. :) If you are just starting out in the kitchen or if you are more experienced, this book is a great resource to have on your shelf.
on December 16, 2014
Amazing content for the novice chef. Everything from A to Z including how long eggs are good for after the sell by date. Love it! I use to record the America's Test Kitchen tv shows on the weekends when I seen a recipe I wanted to try, but now I can save space on my DVR because of this cookbook! It's got everything. Not only great recipes, but they preface every recipe with "Why it works" which is very interesting information. Tons of cookbooks out there, but you can't possibly go wrong with this one.
on December 22, 2015
Bought as a gift for brother in law who loves to cook. Opened it up to make sure everything was good and I just have to say this book is beautiful! Has pictures of almost every recipe, goes in to great detail and is just really well made. I will be buying one for myself!
on January 3, 2015
We haven't had this cookbook for very long but used the recipe to prepare a standing roast for Christmas and it was fabulous, tender, pink, yum! We also did the pepper crust filet Mignon. That was really good too. I can see this as a go to book for recipes like this when you want it to turn out right!
on August 27, 2016
A lot of duplication from other ATK cook books.
on December 8, 2014
This is an wonderful cookbook written by well-qualified people from an excellent organization. It was purchased as a gift and the recipient found it to be very clearly and logically written. The style and size of the type font are easy to read. The number of ingredients per recipe is very reasonable. You will have many very satisfying culinary experiences if you purchase and and use this worthy book.