- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B004T8G5H6
- Item model number: 10117
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (121 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #397,678 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Ameristep 3-D Leafy Poncho (Solid Mesh/Non-Woven Leafy)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-D leafy poncho for hunting
- Helps you blend seamlessly into terrain
- Multi-textured leafy pattern
- Ideal for turkey and varmint hunting
- Available in 1-size-fits-most design
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Ameristep 3D Leafy Poncho (solid mesh/non-woven leafy)
Blend seamlessly into the background while hunting with the Ameristep 3-D leafy poncho. The ultimate accessory to Ameristep's hunting blinds, the 3-D poncho features a multi-textured leafy pattern that looks just like a leaf-covered shrub. Wear the poncho and you'll disappear into any wooded terrain. Available in a one-size-fits-most design, the poncho is great for turkey and varmint hunting.
Top customer reviews
My daughter put it on in the woods and practically disappeared. Look at the photos I uploaded to Amazon and see for yourself.
I took it turkey hunting once, but didn't see any birds. But if I had I assure you the birds would not have seen me.
This is a great buy. It's cheaper than a ghillie suit, but it's easy to put on and take off on-site, so you don't need to wear it all the time.
Technical: The poncho is a mesh rectangle, approximately 58" x 92" (the size might be off a little, as it does stretch a tad).
There are 25 strips of leaf pattern sewn in stripes, 4" apart, starting on one edge and ending on the last edge.
The hood is in the middle and had 5 snaps and a cord to cinch it tight (like most hoodies have).
There are two more draw strings at either side, where your arms would be.
The design is simple, but it works well.
UPDATE: I used the poncho last winter for bowhunting deer. I had several times where the deer directly looked at me in the tree stand, then continued about their business unalarmed.
Now that it's archery season again put the poncho on and hunted from the deer stand. Yesterday I saw 9 different deer but only spooked two two of them and that's because I was on my cell phone and moved too much when I looked to see what that noise was. The other deer would sometimes looked at me but they all decided that I was a funny looking tree and continued moseying around for acorns.
I really like the poncho in this hot weather because I can stuff it in my pack on the hike to and from my tree stand. Wearing a full suit on the hike in this heat would be unbearable.
Very light weight and breathable - Wore it on a days that reached 93 degrees and humid, and didn't have any problems with overheating or sweating.
Excellent camouflage - throw it over your head, put your arms through the slings, sit quietly next to/behind/in front of a tree or bush, and you WILL blend in to your surroundings. Had several deer, turkey, and even a coyote stair right in my direction from 20-50 yards and not see me.
Just enough concealment - I'm a big guy, and there is just enough poncho to cover me up entirely while sitting in my turkey chair. But just barely. Make sure to wear long sleeve camo shirt and pants for complete coverage.
Not any really to speak of. It snags easily on surrounding brush if you are walking or stalking...
Would buy again, and hope to get many seasons of turkey and varmint hunting out of it.
- The netting material is good quality fabric, very soft, pliable, and silent.
- The leafy material completely covers the netting, is fabric, soft and pliable, and quiet.
- The stitching is surprisingly sturdy and does not look like it is in danger of coming out.
- The hood is just the right size, and has good quality buttons and a draw string so that the hole size can be adjusted.
I am six foot, and the size is just right to cover me when I am sitting on a stool on the edge of a treeline.
So far I have been able to store this folded in a small bag (about 12"x18") and I haven't seen that the material is getting creased or damaged by being compressed in that way.
I like that its a poncho rather then a shirt and pants, because I can put it in my backpack when I am hiking to and from my spot, and then when I get there I can take it out and quickly put it on. And it covers my foldout armchair or stool as well as myself.
Thanks Ameristep for a great product for hunting!