Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 171 reviews
on May 16, 2011
I'm a home-owner who recently bought a small compressor (Bostich) around for lighter duty tasks around the house. I wanted an air nailer to speed up a fence project, some molding work, and potentially a kitchen cabinet rebuild. Also figured I could keep it around to inflate my car tires (got sick of paying $0.75 for 2 minutes worth of air at the gas station) and take care of my bicycle, basketballs, etc that I always seem to have lying around.

I bought this Ampro A1460 18 Piece Air Tool Accessory Kit from Amazon along with the Ampro A1430 Tire Inflator with Gauge to round out my connectors and base tools. The key components here are brass but I did have some problem with them not connecting properly and I had some air leaks at the seals. I cranked on the connections a couple of times with a wrench but still didn't get it 100% sealed. This isn't too big a deal for me but it was a tad annoying. Perhaps if I wrenched a bit more or used some tape I could have gotten a decent seal.

The main issue with this kit is as some others have mentioned: it does not come with any sort of case. The plastic it is shipped in is flimsy and as some of the parts are very small, you're bound to lose them over time if you don't come up with something else to store them in. Hey Ampro, if you're listening a small pouch would have been a great addition here!
on May 6, 2011
This is a good collection of basic air tool fittings that you'll need to go with your air compressor. The brass parts are nicely machined, burr-free, and work fine. Yes, the air gauge is cheap but that's not unexpected as you could pay as much for a single pocket air gauge as you did for the whole kit. I checked it against my precision dial gauge and it's fine across its 0-120 PSI range. The kit does need a bag or small box to keep the bits ... the plastic tray does not even hold the parts during shipping (my postmaster was worried that something was broken in box as everything was loose and rattling around - they simply threw the kit in the box with no other packing. Lucky that the brass parts did not suffer damaged threads. Amazon needs to get it together w/packaging ... many items are shipped like this.
on August 24, 2017
This is a nice kit with probably everything you will need to get the most from your air compressor. Just be sure to wrap the threads with some Teflon tape when putting on the quick-connects and your connection should be leak-free.
on December 13, 2011
The brass fittings feel good and sturdy and do not leak, but the blow gun, tire chuck, and tire gauge feel very cheap, and I do not expect them to last long. Also, I have to get the tire chuck positioned exactly right to get it to fill a tire. The part in the middle of the chuck that opens the valve is not well constrained, so it is difficult to get it positioned right so that it opens the valve on the tire.

Considering the number of fittings you get, the kit still a good value, but if you want a decent blow gun, tire chuck, or tire gauge, do not count on this kit.
on January 1, 2015
To echo other reviewers, these are cheap parts in every sense of the term, even for home shop use. Leaky even with tef tape, poor fitting. Gauge is useless (though most pencil-style gauges are anyway). Air gun stopped working properly not long after I received it. I bought the kit at the same time I ordered a new compressor and just wanted a starter set for little money. The tray is also flimsy and thin, so don't be thinking it is adding any value to the package.

You would be better off buying the fittings separately (search for "air coupler set") and then just getting a nice blow gun. Craftsman makes a good one with interchangeable tips, including an inflater attachment that goes for around $20 and is decent for non-professional use.
on December 31, 2016
One of the couplings (1/4" FNPT M Style Coupler) continually leaked air. This was not remedied by Teflon tape - more of a problem with the internal
parts. Poor quality control. After putting up with this for longer than I would like to admit I bought an American product: Milton 715BK 1/4" FNPT M Style Coupler. This product works perfectly.
on February 11, 2013
You buy an air compressor, and a hose, and you will immediately need 2 pieces out of this kit (the quick disconnect and a 1/4 npt fitting) The rest of the stuff I am not sure if I am going to use... maybe the blower nozzle... The tire fill thingy looks really cheap... the pop out air pressure gauge is the cheapest thing I have seen in my life... worse than any that I have received even for free with advertising on it... you will need to buy something else to fill your tires unless you like cheap junk...
on August 10, 2017
I should have trusted the 1 star reviews. Every connector I have tried leaks air and the air chuck is broken! The whole reason I puschased this is so I could air up car tires and the one part needed came broken. So disappointed. Trash can.
on July 15, 2012
I bought this item as I was getting my son a air compressor for Christmas. I figured he would need all the air fittings to go with it and this seemed to have everything for one low price. Atfer using the air chuck to fill a flat tire on my grandson's 14 inch tire the brass head just fell off the tube and will not thread back on, I mean this thing is the cheapest, lightest piece of metal I have ever seen. I can't believe it has been rated to withstand 90 psi, no way, Amazon needs to remove this from their listings. Absolutely GARBAGE FROM CHINA!!!!
on June 27, 2011
Don't buy this stuff. The fittings are OK but the nozzle and chunk are junk. The allowed free air flow straight out of the box and were useless for anything other than kids toys or paperweights. The tire gauge is only passable but I didn't buy this set for this item. And, or course, Amazon was really helpful with the return.