|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.2 x 5.3 x 1.8 inches|
|Item model number||MT-10|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Temperature Range||5/40 degrees_fahrenheit|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Display Style||Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.64 shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
Amprobe MT-10 Moisture Meter
|Price:||$53.96 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$5.99 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Meter measures the moisture content of materials such paper, lumber, sheetrock, concrete, and plaster, and in indoor air quality applications that detect moisture in walls, floors, and ceilings
- Measures wood and paper moisture from 8 to 60 percent, building material moisture from 0.3 to 2.0 percent, and temperatures from 32 to 99 degrees F (0 to 40 degrees C)
- Accuracy for testing wood or paper is + or - 2 percent, accuracy for building materials is + or - 0.1 percent, and accuracy for temperature is + or - 2 degrees F (1 degree C)
- Three LED lights provide quick moisture indication, a backlight supports operation in low-light areas, low-battery indicator, and auto-power off
- Requires 9V battery (installed), and complies with European Directives and relevant Australian standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Fast, Accurate and Easy Moisture Level Readings
Designed for building maintenance, carpenters, home inspectors and homeowners, the Amprobe MT-10 provides fast, accurate and easy to understand moisture level readings. Features an easy to read backlit LCD display for use in low-light areas, two usage modes (wood and material), wide measuring range for wood (8-60%, ±2%) and precise measuring range for materials (. 3% - 2%, ±.1%), strong stainless steel pins, and low battery indicator. Three colored LED lights provide quick moisture indication for air-dry conditions (Green), increased moisture (Yellow), and excess moisture (Red). To extend battery life an Automatic Power Off feature turns off the unit if unused for one minute.
A Wide Range of Applications
The MT-10 can be use for home inspections to verify foundation, exterior walls, ceilings, attics do not exhibit excess moisture, indicative of a leak or in need of sealing. It can find roof leaks, plumbing leaks in floors, ceiling and walls, foundation leaks as well as verify lumber is dry before purchasing at the yard, as wood may warp as it dries. It is perfect for verifying firewood has been properly seasoned prior to purchase. Ensure concrete is dry prior to sealing or has enough moisture to cure properly and verify wood moisture content prior to joinery, staining, treating or sealing. Test surfaces of wood, sheetrock, plaster and concrete prior to painting or recoating. The MT-10 also tests moisture content of subflooring prior to laying hardwood floors and hardwood flooring to ensure equilibrium moisture content (EMC) has been reached before installing.
What's in the Box?
MT-10 Moisture Meter - 9V Battery - Users Manual.
Press the two prongs into the material to be measured and moisture content is quickly displayed.
- High accuracy (±.1% building materials, ± 2% for wood & paper)
- Quickly measures the moisture content of materials including wood, sheetrock, concrete, paper and plaster.
- Easy to read LCD display with backlight displays moisture content (%) and temperature (F & C)
- Ultra-sensitive sensors easily detect hidden leaks in wood, concrete, plaster and under carpet.
- Ideal for home, industrial and commercial applications for measuring moisture content in floors, walls and ceiling or building materials prior to installation.
' Moisture Meter, Checks For Moisture Content In Wood, Paper or Cardboard and Building Materials Such As Sheetrock, Concrete, Mortar, Plaster, Moisture Content Wood/ Paper 8~60 Percent, Building Material 0.30 to 2.0 Percent, Moisture Content Accuracy Wood +/-2 Percent, Building Material +/-0.1 Percent, Temp. Range (F) 0 ~ 40C or 32 ~ 99 Degrees F, Display Dual, LCD and LED, Number of Species of Wood All Species of Wood, Battery Type 9V, Includes Battery, Manufacturers Warranty Length 1 Year '
Top customer reviews
If you are going to seal coat a newly constructed home my advice is to purchase this little device to make sure that your wood is dry. Preparation will make you ahead of the game in the long run.
The MT-10 seems sturdily built, and the back-lit display is easy to read. On the negative side, there is no carrying case, the probes don't appear to be replaceable, and the snap-on probe cover doesn't snap-on very tightly: I glued a Velcro strap over it in order to secure it to the meter body. On the whole, I'm satisfied with my purchase.