- Age Range: 4 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 3
- Series: Heroes for Young Readers
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: YWAM Publishing (October 20, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1576582337
- ISBN-13: 978-1576582336
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 0.3 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #169,581 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Amy Carmichael: Rescuing the Children (Heroes for Young Readers) Hardcover – October 20, 2002
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Renee Meloche is the author of the Heroes for Young Readers series, written to inspire children to dream big, stand tall for God, and be a hero. A graduate YWAM's School of Creative Ministries, Renee has worked as a missionary overseas. She served aboard the mercy ship, the Anastasis, where she first dreamed of writing true stories that would encourage children to discover the wonder and joy that awaits them when they live their lives for God.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's written in verse--and not *good* verse. I would have appreciated this book so much more if it had been written in good-quality prose instead of verse. I don't even want to read it aloud to her because of this (I'm not opposed to poetry, but....)
2. The illustrations are kind of meh.
3. The print isn't exactly small, but...it feels very distracting--like there's a lot of it on one page
I had very high hopes for this book, but they were, sadly, not achieved. I've tucked this book away on the off chance that my daughter may someday want to read it. In the meantime, I'll introduce her to Amy Carmichael some other way.