- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Harry N. Abrams (October 16, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1419726706
- ISBN-13: 978-1419726705
- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.8 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#18,477 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #7 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Fiber Arts & Textiles
- #18 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Knitting
- #27 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Fashion
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Amy Herzog's Ultimate Sweater Book: The Essential Guide for Adventurous Knitters Paperback – October 16, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 10 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each of the four basic sweater models (Drop-Shoulder, Raglan, Yoke, Set-in-Sleeve) comes with step by step explanations for planning garment measurements and a thorough explanation of all the calculations needed. Amy Herzog also gives basic tips on how to vary ease in different places of the garment, and how to best divide a sweater's bust circumference into front and back for heavily busted persons. Her instructions are rounded up by explaining different closure options and how to alter already existing patterns.
I have always wondered how sweater designers draft a sleeve cap for a set-in-sleeve sweater and I believed it to be a trade secret. Now, after reading about it in this book, I know how to do it and I cannot wait to try it out!
For all the people who do not want to jump into custom planning a sweater from scratch right away, Amy Herzog provides basic pattern instructions for a wide range of sizes and different yarn gauges as well as a beautiful collection of special patterns at the end of the book. I am very impressed by Amy Herzog's expertise and can only recommend to buy this book to beginners and knowledgeable knitters alike.