Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 21, 2008
This DVD set was released in the UK, it contains 2 exceptionally funny standup routines by David Brent himself RICKY GERVAIS. (THESE DISCS WILL ONLY PLAY IN REGION FREE PLAYER HERE IN THE STATES)
Animals is 78 mins of live standup some of it concerning animals, there is also a 20 + min doc on the filming of the special with STEPHEN MERCHANT interviewing Ricky, and a commmentary track.
Politics (68 mins) showcases a slighty more streamlined and hipper Ricky than Animals, and suffers lightly from this slicker RG, it is still funny as you please however. The extras on Politics are lengthier and funnier particularly the 19 min with Karl Pilkington, he is hilarious to listen to on Ricky's podcasts but even funnier to look at (him and his little freak book) Also very funny is Robin Ince and Rickys commentary track.
A nice deal for the standup/Ricky G. fan just make sure you have the means to watch it if you are on this side of the pond.
on November 30, 2013
The show's chemistry was altered 180 degrees when Warrick was added. Warrick is too deep, too reflective, and too intelligent to be a part of this. He defuses Karl's frustration before it ever comes to fruition. Gervais should go with Karl if there ever is a next season, or somehow get Karl to go out on his own again. Send him out into the world to peddle his pant invention or something. Like a door-to-door salesman except on a global scale. GET KARL BACK OUT THERE BY HIMSELF!
on July 9, 2013
Admittedly this series is shorter than the previous two, only weighing in with 3 real episodes, however that shouldn't deter anyone from taking the time to enjoy the third incarnation of an Idiot Abroad.

Ironically in this series it seems that Karl has managed to figure out that his mates aren't out there to make his life more fun or even do things that he wants during the excursions and has accepted his fate as a simple object for our amusement. This does reduce the amount of traditional 'belly aching' from Karl and seems to honestly open his eyes a bit more to the things he is experiencing in a way more fitting to how you or I would. I found myself thinking "Hrm, thats more how I'd react to that." far more often in series 3 than the previous series' which made me wonder if either Karl is losing his edge (is Ricky finally getting through to him?) or have they simply run out of new ideas to throw at him.

The introduction of Warwick Davis does bring a new element into the series (you keep having those moments where you think, "Oh ya! He was also in..." through the whole series) and his interactions with Karl make for the occasional chuckle, however in my opinion the jokes and experiences between the two of them feel completely fake and staged...until the very end.

Overall, without giving too much away on the series I will say that for fans of An Idiot Abroad it's a worthy addition to your Blu-ray collection (I have all 3 series myself) but for those looking to get into the series...do yourself a favor...start at the beginning as you will appreciate the complexities (or lack there of) of Mr. Karl Pilkington, a true Idiot Abroad.
on August 27, 2013
Karl really comes across as even more clueless and rude than in the previous seasons. I do not know what kept Warwick from punching Karl. As usual Karl is usual his whining complaining self. But it is still a funny concept, a travel show about someone who does not want to travel. Karl is particularly upset that Warwick treats the trip like a holiday/vacation. Warwick gives Karl more fodder for moaning and whining in phone calls to Ricky which only make Ricky howl with laughter. If you a fan of this round headed buffoon you will want to watch this series.
on May 10, 2013
I loved the first two seasons of An Idiot Abroad and couldn't wait for this to come out on DVD through Netflix, so my husband and I bought this from Amazon Video on Demand. Despite being shallow, slow, and offensive, Karl's trials and his reactions to them in the first two seasons endeared him to me somewhat. He had my sympathy when he was going through unnecessary crap (caused by Ricky), his interactions with locals made me laugh (the Mongolian throat singing was the best), and his observations were often spot-on and witty. In Season 3, Karl lost much of my sympathy in the absolutely horribly offensive things he said to to Warwick. (As I side note, I highly recommend Warwick's memoir, "Size Matters Not.") But ultimately, the dynamic between the two of them was awesome and made for great television. The third and final episode was the best; it definitely had me laughing out loud.
on August 31, 2017
BRILL
on March 18, 2013
I don't understand it. Warwick is brilliant, his addition to the show should have worked on so many levels least of which was simply to annoy Karl with his positive attitude. Turns out, I really just enjoy Karl whinging and Warwick was more of a distraction from the punishment of Karl than it was an addition. I've listened to Karl since the XFM days and so far this was my least favorite Karl 'experience' yet. Shame.
on April 18, 2013
Warrick is funny, but it really takes away from the simplton that is Karl!
Not a disaster, but just finished season 2, which I thought was brilliant
on September 3, 2014
Buyers beware! This disc is restricted to Region B/2 (ie Europe). Nowhere does it say this on the first web page for this product. After I realized that it didn't work, I discovered the fact that it was Region B/2 only by scrolling way down to the Product Details. Strictly speaking, it's my fault for not seeing this initially. However, I do think that it would be much kinder and far less confusing to customers to state this fact on the first page. Sincerely, an unhappy customer.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse